Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played any Silent Hill game but I highly doubt this remake will be replacing anything. I don't think it'll be that good. I prefer reimaginings like FF7 and the recent Resident Evil games

Honestly not a big fan of remakes either. Hated that TLOU1 got one and hearing that Horizon Zero Dawn, a game that came out five years ago, might be getting one broke me lmao. It's lost all meaning. Gaming as an artform is just intrinsically inferior to ones like film or literature and once I accepted that, I was able to move past these remakes

Movies , music and everything else remake or redone .
Gaming tech can change so much in short time compare to other media .
Plus we not talking about only gfx but also controls , game design etc etc make more sense to remake and redo games.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Going through the preview thread, with the high positive impressions I wonder if Ragnarok will take the record for most sales in 3 days for a Ps studio game.
Currently held by TLoU2 i believe.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Going through the preview thread, with the high positive impressions I wonder if Ragnarok will take the record for most sales in 3 days for a Ps studio game.
Ragnarok is one of the only times sony bundles a First Party on day one with the console and it releases on both platforms, has a lot of hype around it, and sony have already said publicly they plan on shipping a lot of consoles for it's launch.

Its going to be a very big launch, and I wont be surprised at all if it does take that record.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Very possible , the only thing holding it back is PS5 hardware since people will want to play on PS5.
Still it will only be for a short while , Spidey 2 will destroy all of Sony records.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
We'll see.

IF somehow Ragnarok would be under Part II, I highly assume they're not bragging "three days sales after launch a week later" PR tradition again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We already seen it with how no sales update of Forbidden West & GT7 up to this point.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
hermenshirt4.png
Love the new merch.

I'd buy one

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Do you guys find it absolutely ridiculous how certain lore youtubers for big franchises never get early review copies for games but some random reviewer does? i always felt like the youtubers who put so much work and passion for years breaking down these games deserve codes before everyone so they can start making videos in advance breaking down easter eggs, references and so on.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys find it absolutely ridiculous how certain lore youtubers for big franchises never get early review copies for games but some random reviewer does? i always felt like the youtubers who put so much work and passion for years breaking down these games deserve codes before everyone so they can start making videos in advance breaking down easter eggs, references and so on.
It's not about your audience size, but how well connected you are. Direct access to a pr rep does wonders.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
It's not about your audience size, but how well connected you are. Direct access to a pr rep does wonders.
While that's true, a lot of PR and marketing are very in tune with these youtubers and some of these people have pretty decent followings. Heck some of them are even followed by multiple game devs and creative directors. Surely one of them could put in a word? A lot of PR folks also send out codes without even having any contact with these people.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Could you guys please keep all the spoiler talk for GoW:R out of this thread, even with spoiler tags? Thanks!

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
Some people will never play older games. That's a fact and it's been shown in data. I still wish BC was taken more seriously by all platform holders though.

I don't like people dissing SH because it's dated game. the graphics, especially at the time were great and the art direction was great as well.

But you can't discount the impact remakes are having right now. Dead Space, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill 2, etc are some of the most anticipated games.

Just prepare for the Silent Hill 2 remake to be the most popular and definitive version.
Not some people. Most people. If I remember correctly, Microsoft gathered some really interesting data about BC and the interest of their audience for old games and the numbers were extremely low. The percentage of players actively using BC was around 6-7%. The number of people playing old games (older than 2010) was lower (below 5%, if I remember correctly).
Interest in BC and old games is extremely low. Forums with enthusiasts like Era make it seem like people really want and love old games, but it doesn't represent the general audience at all.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Not some people. Most people. If I remember correctly, Microsoft gathered some really interesting data about BC and the interest of their audience for old games and the numbers were extremely low. The percentage of players actively using BC was around 6-7%. The number of people playing old games (older than 2010) was lower (below 5%, if I remember correctly).
Interest in BC and old games is extremely low. Forums with enthusiasts like Era make it seem like people really want and love old games, but it doesn't represent the general audience at all.

Even on here people don't actually play old games like that and the convo is always about what new games are being announced.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017

People aren't buying new hardware to play old games. I think many of the people who push for it wouldn't even use it themselves.

You sometimes get a novelty aspect like the SNES Mini or whatever, but they're a different audience. Most people don't even replay games.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
You bring up bluepoint, but it is worth noting that some people had similar qualms about Demons Souls and Shadow of the Colossus.

I think die hard fans need to accept when a remake is done, it is going to change things, somethings for the better and somethings for the worst.
To be fair, you will always have people complain. Even TLOU1 remake got some criticism for changing the vibe and looking "too clean", even though it was remade by the creators of the original.
Some people need to realize that a remake of a game can never be 100% faithful, because some art design decision or visuals of the time looked like they did due to technical restrictions or the way an engine rendered certain things. I remember Demon's Souls always having this weird yellow tint and that was due to the engine and the way the PS3 displayed the game. That is automatically gone in the remake, which benefits the game imo. But some people wanted it to look exactly the same.
For example: A lot of PS3 games had a weird grey-ish, yellow-ish tint to them, which I only noticed after going back and playing a few PS3 games on that console.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Id recommend removing search history on Youtube now for those worried about spoilers, as said clip is already up and about with a good amount of views and was already pushed to my feed twice (I've already read its content earlier, but a warning to everyone else).

Ive personally activated a spoiler block add on too. Hopefully it all works out right.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Id recommend removing search history on Youtube now for those worried about spoilers, as said clip is already up and about with a good amount of views and was already pushed to my feed twice (I've already read its content earlier, but a warning to everyone else).

Ive personally activated a spoiler block add on too. Hopefully it all works out right.
I also have a browser add-on on desktop which completely blocks certain words, so I'm good there. For the mobile and PS5 app, guess I'll just have to not use those.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017

Ugh, here we go again. I remember getting spoiled on GOW 2018 bosses in YouTube thumbnails / titles weeks before the game was out.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Shit. Basically I have to avoid the internet in the next couple of weeks lol

Good thing I'm swamped with work.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
I think that the "small" number of PS5 consoles will limit its potential. I know that it also launchs in PS4, but first party cross gen titles seems to sell better on PS5 than on PS4.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
No, right now they are talking about "more of the same" and the fact that Ragnarok just doesn't feel like a big release 😵‍💫

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I mean it's not like that preview thread is full of people shitting on ragnarok. It's just one or two users saying they wish it wasn't so similar to 2018 and then a lot MORE people reacting to those posts

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I mean it's not like that preview thread is full of people shitting on ragnarok. It's just one or two users saying they wish it wasn't so similar to 2018 and then a lot MORE people reacting to those posts

It's really only a few people and that is fine/normal. A couple hyperbolic posts (always will be, with literally any topic), yes, but why the need/bother to engage. This ain't TLoU Part I discourse by any means lol.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Not sure if this is official or fan art (I think it's fan art) but can't hurt to throw out this warning, but more spoilers other than the one talking about earlier today and yesterday might be out there. Someone discovered some ArtStation stuff from 4 months ago, again unclear if it's official and the person who made it fucked up by uploading early or if it's just fan art, but can't hurt to avoid that stuff for the new 3+ weeks.
I'm not gonna link it by the way, so don't ask.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It's really only a few people and that is fine/normal. A couple hyperbolic posts (always will be, with literally any topic), yes, but why the need/bother to engage. This ain't TLoU Part I discourse by any means lol.
lol it was the TLOU2 discourse that did me in. If some stray "too similar to 2018" comments is as bad as Ragnarok's discourse gets, then we're laughing

Det

Jul 30, 2020
lol it was the TLOU2 discourse that did me in. If some stray "too similar to 2018" comments is as bad as Ragnarok's discourse gets, then we're laughing

Oh I can imagine what it was like for TLoU2, I wasn't around on Era then but did see some of it on Reddit. Was just as I started looking into these current gen consoles (PC only prior).

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I wonder if they will respond similarly to Jedi: Survivor or Tears of the Kingdom. Both are sequels of solid and enjoyable games that will build upon their predecessors instead of reinventing the formula (doubt it).

In a bad day, I would also add Elden Ring which, if I'm mean, I can say is open world Dark Souls with a base gameplay philosophy that has been used since 2009 (it's my game of the year so far, btw).

PlayStation Blog Roundup (October 17th to 21st)
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Alright, here's the belated-but-still-relevant...

PlayStation Blog Weekly Round-Up!!!

It's been one hell of a week for PlayStation news, and the blog has been much more active than in previous weeks. Game reveals and launches, previews, hardware announcements, you name it! Here's everything Sony published on the PlayStation Blog for the week of October 21st!

Monday, October 17th
How A Plague Tale: Requiem devs are evolving the sequel's story and gameplay, out October 18

Tuesday, October 18th
Introducing the God of War Ragnarok Behind the Scenes series
Naughty Dog breaks down Uncharted 4's climbing evolution as Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection launches on PC this week
DualSense Edge wireless controller for PS5 launches globally on January 26
How Infinity Ward created Oni, a new Operator in Modern Warfare II

Wednesday, October 19th
Get an early preview of the cars racing into Gran Turismo 7 later today
How Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection's launch on PC speaks to Naughty Dog's present and future
Silent Hill 2 remake revealed, first gameplay details and design changes announced

Thursday, October 20th
From Concept Art to Cosplay: Creating Kratos and Atreus' new looks for God of War Ragnarok
11 things you must know about Star Ocean The Divine Force
Visit All Hallows': The Land of Lost Dreams today
New Final Fantasy XVI "Ambition" trailer offers an in-depth look into the characters and world of Valisthea
New Resident Evil 4 trailer, Resident Evil Village Gold Edition demo and more revealed in today's Resident Evil Showcase

Friday, October 21st
God of War Ragnarok Animated Family Portraits highlight 5 key relationships
Share of the Week - Ghostwire Tokyo
God of War Ragnarok - Hands-on gameplay report

Total blog posts: 16. That's more than twice than last week. Four of them were related to God of War. So yeah, seems that Sony is really heavily pushing that game. I wonder why. A lot of really interesting articles this week, too, so I'd give a couple of them a read if you have a lot of time on your hands!

Thanks, as always to JuanLatino for threadmarking these. Looking forward to what next week has in store!

Status
Not open for further replies.