• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Snitch said he doesn't think a Showcase is happening this month in his Discord, according to people on the Leaks sub

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I said this before but man I am so sick of this showcase nonsense so sick of rumors about one as well that continue lead to nowhere.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
PSVR2 games added to PSN.

Firewall™ Ultra

Strategize. Communicate. Dominate.

Horizon Call of the Mountain™

Climb to new heights

zOw2UrPywB4aJSbADDE3wEbl.jpg

v9fflldZy5JxduiUuju47f4I.jpg

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
It's not an impossibility. Definitely could still be something this month. I'd be surprised if Sony is silent for the entire month, honestly.

Was it just speculation? Reddit Game Rumor & Leaks had it on their page, websites reported on Sept 8 as a likely date. If it was pure speculation, then people need to do better at reporting & not label speculation as a rumor or report.

I'm not dismissing the month from having an event -- be it Showcase or SoP. I just haven't heard anything yet. That could change come morning.

And people claim that the Snitch 'Tinder' thing is a joke.
I believe Nick from Xboxera tweeted out that he had heard the 8th and that's where the rumor came from.

Yep, just wanted to write that. But Nick is like 10% hit, 90% miss, so doesn't really count as a legit rumor for me.

Also, look to what Nick replied to:

View: https://twitter.com/Shpeshal_Nick/status/1561686702451613696

The "rumor" came from a random Italian account with 8 likes and 41 followers lol

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
PSVR2 games added to PSN.

Firewall™ Ultra

Strategize. Communicate. Dominate.

Horizon Call of the Mountain™

Climb to new heights

zOw2UrPywB4aJSbADDE3wEbl.jpg

v9fflldZy5JxduiUuju47f4I.jpg
I love that Horizon CotM key art

Snitch said he doesn't think a Showcase is happening this month in his Discord, according to people on the Leaks sub
You have a screenshot maybe?
I mean even if he says that, his source (aka the Youtube backend) wouldn't have indications of a Showcase anyway at this point in time.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the price is pleasantly surprising, i've been watching the launch get closer and closer for what feels like forever and i'm gonna be gutted if i have to hold off at the last minute.
With the ps5 getting a price increase. I voted previously for a 299-350 on a poll we had earlier, right now I'm going to go with 400-450. Regardless of the price, this is what I've been waiting for. Traditional games are stuck trying to maximize profit with cross gen titles. VR will be that next gen moment I've been waiting for

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
With the ps5 getting a price increase. I voted previously for a 299-350 on a poll we had earlier, right now I'm going to go with 400-450. Regardless of the price, this is what I've been waiting for. Traditional games are stuck trying to maximize profit with cross gen titles. VR will be that next gen moment I've been waiting for
$399 in the US, €449 in Europe would be my guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic work as always on the OT JuanLatino. Goddamn the banners look professional!

Can't believe we're in a new topic so soon. Roll on the showcase and powering through to OT32!

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

I'm not sure how it works, i'm hoping Sony set a price with suppliers and that the pound continuing to tank doesn't change that for now. I'm expecting it to be a bit more than it would have been as you say because of the ps5 increase, but the currency situation seems to be getting worse.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Wishing you all good health and future blessings...Remember to hug those you love, and be kind to those you don't. It's video-games, everything will be ok.

Sep 6, 2022
Hello Everyone!

Long timer lurker, felt like finally jumping in and saying hi!
Hope everyone is having a great week.

I look forward seeing how this thread evolves and fingers crossed, this is the one where we all get to talk about the glorious return of Bloodborne!
👍

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Sony wouldn't shadow drop a Playstation Showcase would they? It seems like the lack of any announcement today means we're not getting anything tomorrow.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, we got to the new OT faster than I thought lol. Those studio headers look awesome!

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Sony wouldn't shadow drop a Playstation Showcase would they? It seems like the lack of any announcement today means we're not getting anything tomorrow.

They do whenever one rolls around, but I very much doubt we'll get one next week so I wouldn't expect anything Thursday or Friday. Typically their showcase announcements (or SoP announcements) come out of seemingly nowhere, though. EDIT: D'oh, I read this as "announcement," not the showcase itself. My bad.

Last edited:

ChaosSlayer

Jul 16, 2021
Hello Everyone!

Long timer lurker, felt like finally jumping in and saying hi!
Hope everyone is having a great week.

I look forward seeing how this thread evolves and fingers crossed, this is the one where we all get to talk about the glorious return of Bloodborne!
👍
Welcome!

All of the good journalists moved on.
The state of video game journalism as a whole is sad and concerning! I was shocked by some "Journalists" statements/takes today!

Status
Not open for further replies.