• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, on a more positive note, the big PlayStation showcase is tomorrow according to Roberto. So that's something to look forward to.
MPqR3AI.gif

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I like the title.

Anyways I really would like Sony to come out with some game announcements now. The past weeks have been about price increases, full-priced remakes and business drama between CEOs. That's fun and all but some games would be okay too.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Let's get back to business, which is endlessly discussing when and if the PS Showcase happens
I still think it's in September 2023

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
The title is significantly better!

Also on another topic the Snitch mentioned not long ago was talking about Overdose but the relevant thing for this OT was was it won't be using Decima. I know we had a conversation about this before, but if you believe the Snitch, Decima won't be used.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Street Fighter 6 is looking amazing, also didn't know there was a focus attack dash cancel looking mechanic, oh shit.

kimberly-sf6-street-fighter6.gif

Street Fighter has never been my jam, but I'm always impressed and envious of how much work they put into visual reinvention, especially when it comes to new assets. My favorite two fighters, Tekken and SoulCalibur have been clinging onto scraps from 2007 and 8 (particularly with character models, which is kind of a big point of focus) and I am dying for a visual overhaul to get them up with the times.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Also on another topic the Snitch mentioned not long ago was talking about Overdose and but the relevant thing for this OT was was it won't be using Decima. I know we had a conversation about this before, but if you believe the Snitch, Decima won't be used.
I doubt Sony would allow KojiPro to use Decima for a game that doesn't release on their platform. So yeah, makes sense.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
The title is significantly better!

Also on another topic the Snitch mentioned not long ago was talking about Overdose but the relevant thing for this OT was was it won't be using Decima. I know we had a conversation about this before, but if you believe the Snitch, Decima won't be used.

Overdose is the xCloud game, no? DS2 will be the one using Decima.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT...not a big fan of the title but the OT is really really well made, as usual.

This also reminds me of how many damn games Sony has in the pipeline..good lord.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I'm starting to suspect there isn't a showcase. Sony may announce games sporadically through the rest of the year, then have another showcase or State of Play in spring/early summer next year.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
When is it then 😬
I haven't heard anything about an impending Sony Showcase.

I'm sure we'll get a GoW:R SoP at some point since Sony likes to do a game-focused SoP around a month ahead of release, as we saw with Gran Turismo and Horizon.

I know Sept 8 was tossed around a few times last month on Reddit/forums but I've never heard anything to indicate any such event was imminent.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I'm starting to suspect there isn't a showcase. Sony may announce games sporadically through the rest of the year, then have another showcase or State of Play in spring/early summer next year.

If not by end of September, it's early next year for PSVR2. Back-half of this month is quiet, could see them push it to then and get the spotlight in the run up to the holidays.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017

I'm sure we'll get a GoW:R SoP at some point since Sony likes to do a game-focused SoP around a month ahead of release, as we saw with Gran Turismo and Horizon.

I know Sept 8 was tossed around a few times last month on Reddit/forums but I've never heard anything to indicate any such event was imminent.
What are the chances that you get surprised?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
There was that Helldivers 2 thing that was apparently said as being part of a September Showcase by the leaker.

But it probably was just a theory/guess. I could see the rest of the year being States of Play.

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Street Fighter has never been my jam, but I'm always impressed and envious of how much work they put into visual reinvention, especially when it comes to new assets. My favorite two fighters, Tekken and SoulCalibur have been clinging onto scraps from 2007 and 8 (particularly with character models, which is kind of a big point of focus) and I am dying for a visual overhaul to get them up with the times.
Yeah I also really like Tekken 7, hopefully 8 is the overhaul finally.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That original title was so milquetoast. Can't believe it received such a harsh reaction.

Can't tell if this new one is meta or meta on meta.

Great OT!

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Interesting, thanks.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
So chances to see Spider-Man 2 on Friday are?
10% imo, so very low, but not impossible
Quite a bit, at least visually and probably mechanically. More curious on where the setting/story goes from here.
No idea, the ending of DS was very conclusive imo. But it's Kojima, he'll figure something out lol

The Sept 8 date was always speculation though, simply because it was in the same week last year.
The only more or less credible source we have about a September showcase is Dusk Golem's statement. But they talked about September in general, not a specific date.

Det

Jul 30, 2020

No idea, the ending of DS was very conclusive imo. But it's Kojima, he'll figure something out lol

The Sept 8 date was always speculation though, simply because it was in the same week last year.
The only more or less credible source we have about a September showcase is Dusk Golem's statement. But they talked about September in general, not a specific date.

Book it.

*Huffs glue*

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Overdose is the xCloud game, no? DS2 will be the one using Decima.

They didn't give many details but he clarified it's not running on Decima. And from what he saw at the time it looked old gen, not as good as DS but that's because Overdose is not on Decima and there's extended gameplay out there.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
How come?
I think that Sony would've said something about not having a big showcase this year a long time ago. Just like 2019.
Sony is secretive most of the time, but they are pretty straightforward when it comes to setting expectations.
I am still confident that we're getting a showcase. Just later than expected.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
What are the chances that you get surprised?

It's not an impossibility. Definitely could still be something this month. I'd be surprised if Sony is silent for the entire month, honestly.

Was it just speculation? Reddit Game Rumor & Leaks had it on their page, websites reported on Sept 8 as a likely date. If it was pure speculation, then people need to do better at reporting & not label speculation as a rumor or report.

I'm not dismissing the month from having an event -- be it Showcase or SoP. I just haven't heard anything yet. That could change come morning.

And people claim that the Snitch 'Tinder' thing is a joke.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
It's not an impossibility. Definitely could still be something this month. I'd be surprised if Sony is silent for the entire month, honestly.

Was it just speculation? Reddit Game Rumor & Leaks had it on their page, websites reported on Sept 8 as a likely date. If it was pure speculation, then people need to do better at reporting & not label speculation as a rumor or report.

I'm not dismissing the month from having an event -- be it Showcase or SoP. I just haven't heard anything yet. That could change come morning.

I believe Nick from Xboxera tweeted out that he had heard the 8th and that's where the rumor came from.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021

And people claim that the Snitch 'Tinder' thing is a joke.

Ashhong I believe mentioned that Sony have tightened up security about leaks or something along those lines. But Dusk mentioned there was a showcase in September in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.