• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Not sure if I will daily this thread tbh. Don't need more toxicity by having to read this console war tagline every day.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy theory: maybe Sony doesn't want to have a showcase highlighting multiple exclusives and helping the case for MS to acquire Activision

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
Alright Jimbo, if you're reading this, it's a new PlayStation OT which means you're legally obligated to release the next showcase.

/s

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Great OT. And great new banners! Well done.

Though, not a fan of the OT title as I see it constantly used by console warriors and I don't know why we give that a platform here.

Who voted for that?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Not particularly jazzed about the thread title either. Not a great time for ironic titles lol

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Man I love the self-deprecating titles, personally don't agree that it's too much or the wrong time. Just gaming y'all.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what the fuss is about? Everyone here should be mature enough to poke a little fun at the current situationā€¦the forums being too sanitized is one reason I rarely post, live a little!

Great OT by the way

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
Self-deprecating titles can be fun, but this isn't one of them. Just a weird choice imo.
Sometimes people try to be so self-deprecating that it feels kind of real again. And this thread has been kind of overly negative since TLOU Remake discussion, GoW:R marketing and the showcase pessimism.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure I even get the thread title. For the Payers? Yes you gotta pay to play games. Playstation, too.

Don't even know why there were like 4 titles to vote on that were Gamepass related. I'm not really sure what the deal is here.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what the fuss is about? Everyone here should be mature enough to poke a little fun at the current situationā€¦the forums being too sanitized is one reason I rarely post, live a little!

Great OT by the way
And where is the limit?. Can we say anything here "ironically" without being banned?. The limits should be clear for all.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Man I love the self-deprecating titles, personally don't agree that it's too much or the wrong time. Just gaming y'all.

There is a tradition here with self-deprecating and ironic but fun titles, yeah, and I like that too.

But this is just a tag line used daily by console warriors. It's not particularly funny or original.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
There is a tradition here with self-deprecating and ironic but fun titles, yeah, and I like that too.

But this is just a tag line used daily by console warriors. It not particularly funny or original.
Is not funny at all. Jajjaja, we have to be rich to play in a PS!. Jajjaja. How funny.Really...

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe there should be another poll, this time only visible to people that post in the thread. The thread title just invites toxicity

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
We literally had a thread title that gloated about Final Fantasy exclusives. I think we changed it, but the OT titles are no stranger to console war jokes/fodder.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I will daily this thread tbh. Don't need more toxicity by having to read this console war tagline every day.
Yeah the title is bad. And I have a feeling that the community here in this OT didn't really vote for it. Open polls aren't a good idea.

The OT title should always be positive and/or fun. Not this.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
We could do a secondary OT title poll that doesn't have a tagline often used by fanboys.
Second that.

Also seeing all the people who are definitely regularly active in the OT disliking the new title tells me that the original vote might got brigaded (which is extremely simple btw, just click again on the link to vote again)

Status
Not open for further replies.