• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Uh, I was agreeing with you.

Your previous post was in response to someone else dismissing the TGA's as "just advertising." You said (to that person) that the enthusiasm of the devs at winning indicates that the awards are more than just advertising (I'm paraphrasing here), and my point was that an awards show can be both: a place for the winners to have genuine excitement, gratitude, and joy — and that the awards themselves are an "advertisement" for the games and the industry at large. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Sorry misinterpreted your comment 😬😬👍👍

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Just thinking, do any of the PlayStation Studios major titles utilize global illumination, be it from RT or some other method? Or are pretty much all of them using pre-baked lighting?

If none are currently using it in their games, which studio do you think will be the first to implement it in their game? So many different studios with different engines.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Just thinking, do any of the PlayStation Studios major titles utilize global illumination, be it from RT or some other method? Or are pretty much all of them using pre-baked lighting?

If none are currently using it in their games, which studio do you think will be the first to implement it in their game? So many different studios with different engines.
None do yet, it will be very interesting to see when Sony will jump on the train. Maybe they are waiting for PS5 Pro.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
If we could pair the sheer detail in Horizon FW with a proper GI, I'd be so damned happy.
It's going to be better than that for most games that will use Unreal Engine 5.

I am pretty sure that sooner or later some Sony studios will try something similar like Lumen with their internal graphics engines.

Graphics wise this generation is just starting. As we dropping cross-gen games starting from next year more and more impressive games will come out.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Next year should be big for PS not only for software but hardware too. Dualsense Edge, PSVR2 and the compact PS5. Gonna be interesting to see how all 3 do.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021

GI can be baked. Thats like what Naughty Dog does. None of them use true RTGI.

Returnal does something kinda like it tho. They do say they use the PS5 RT hw with their GI.

Last edited:

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Was thinking about finally getting No Man Sky for VR2, but it's still $60 on the PS store for an almost 7 year old game. No bueno lol smh.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is PlayStation Store search on PC completely broken for anyone else? https://store.playstation.com/en-us/search/final fantasy

4C7ypTu.png

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Think I will beat FF7R tomorrow. Apart from maybe Elden Ring I haven't been glued on a game like this this year.. Started it like last week

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
jack-nicholson-creepy-smile.gif

If your playing on PS5, there is also a DLC. It's fantastic.
Yeah I have the DLC version! It also helps that I didn't ever play FF7 original so it is all new for me

This year I discovered a love for (J)RPGs and that is gonna feed me for some years lol because the genre is so new for me, gonna be there day 1 for FF7R2 and FF16

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
Yeah I have the DLC version! It also helps that I didn't ever play FF7 original so it is all new for me

This year I discovered a love for (J)RPGs and that is gonna feed me for some years lol because the genre is so new for me, gonna be there day 1 for FF7R2 and FF16

Easily lol.

I haven't been on the JRPG train that long either. Have only in 2019 really discovered my interest in JRPGs. Funnily enough because of the re-reveal and hype around FF7R back then ^^.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
I don't wanna see anymore price complaints regarding new $70 AAA games when people are willing to buy $75+ collection of SNES FF games lol

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Really happy for having a physical edition

Sucks that it's limited to the SE store which means I'd probably have to use Aramax, but it's too much of a hassle. But I'm over the moon that the ports were finally announced. Now we just need the 13 remaster and then every single FF will be playable on modern consoles

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Sucks that it's limited to the SE store which means I'd probably have to use Aramax, but it's too much of a hassle. But I'm over the moon that the ports were finally announced. Now we just need the 13 remaster and then every single FF will be playable on modern consoles
I just saw it.
It's already sold out. It's really a shame because I would love to have it in disk.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Still playing Grime, and it's a highly, highly competent Metroidvania, really good stuff. And challenging too! I like that bosses so far aren't damage sponges, but you really need to be on your toes since you're essentially a glass cannon.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Nice never played any of these
For anyone who has played these how would you rank them?

Final Fantasy IV is a genre defining game, laying the foundation for narrative heavy RPGs on consoles and VI is one of the best in the entire series. My personal rating would be 6 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2. They're all worth playing and still hold up to this day (FF2 is a bit mixed though)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna see anymore price complaints regarding new $70 AAA games when people are willing to buy $75+ collection of SNES FF games lol
Dont read the pixel thread then lol. Then again I saw people complaining about the MM Battle Network Collection and that's only 60 (and they've done a great job with those).
I woke up and saw the physical releases were selling out quick. I sorta blindly grabbed a physical PS4 version, never played any FF game all the way through but there's some great vids out there which sold me on these particular releases, and I figure me paying £65 for them will kick my ass to actually play them! I cant wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.