Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
Is that even a big deal?
That person getting hired? Lol
He worked for apple for 12 years and helped expend apple store and their services in multiple emerging countries
Capture_decran_2023-01-13_a_16.28.58.png

Maybe i will finally have a Ps store in Morocco this gen 😭

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Ben King has one hell of a resume. I wonder if their PlayStation Mobile guy helped him find him since he was also from Apple Arcade. Sony tends to like picking executives with tons of proven experience, so they clearly want someone who knows how to evolve a business. Curious to see what they plan on doing with Ben King on board.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

View: https://twitter.com/DomTheBombYT/status/1613907040480411650

Has this already been posted? Interesting stuff. Also seems the multiplayer will continue/expand the ''story''.

It's gonna be really interesting to see how Naughty Dog tells a story in a multiplayer game, and if/how they'll expand on that story through DLC. Hopefully the game is gonna be a big enough success that we'll get somewhat regular story updates with new missions, characters and map changes & additions.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
yeah im beyond excited for factions. I really hope its day 1 on PC too with crossplay. PC players loooove these kind of games

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I remember some discussion here how long the MP game was in development, if it started before or after Tlou2 but it seems it already started before.
I mean, it was supposed to be part of TLOU part II at some point, so should come as no surprise they've been working on it in some way since before part II released.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
ND better develop a bold ass anti cheat then.
I'm just gonna disable cross-play immediately. I've yet to play a shooter where mouse and keyboard players don't have an obvious advantage over controller players, and really the only way a developer can counter that advantage is by giving controller players a ridiculous amount of aim assist.
But yeah, anti-cheat is definitely gonna be very important as well. Hopefully Sony wont drop the ball on that when it comes to PC releases for the MP games.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The end of the Grace Chen era.

So SIE now has the former Apple Arcade Content Head and former Apple Store, iTunes, Apple Music, International services, etc... director under their belt.

Makes me wonder if this is more of them trying to make a store of their own for Mobile and PC?

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/DomTheBombYT/status/1613907040480411650

Has this already been posted? Interesting stuff. Also seems the multiplayer will continue/expand the ''story''.

It seems to me that if TLoU Online is a big game with lots of story-focused content then TLoUP3 is probably a few years off.

I'm hopeful that Druckmann and his team will have the opportunity to make a new IP first and this will sustain the IP before they come back to finish the trilogy/Ellie's story probably around mid-PS6.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to me that if TLoU Online is a big game with lots of story-focused content then TLoUP3 is probably a few years off.

I'm hopeful that Druckmann and his team will have the opportunity to make a new IP first and this will sustain the IP before they come back to finish the trilogy/Ellie's story probably around mid-PS6.
If they wait that long Ellie's story will be finished by the TV series first, many years before the game releases.

Personally I think it's unlikely that we see a new IP from ND before the end of the decade.

Last edited:

yelough

Dec 11, 2022

Thats 10 years from now or more considering this gen will be longer than usual.

There is no way they are waiting that long with a tv-show starting to run now. I think the rumor from last month is actually true but ND's next game is actually a new IP directed by someone other than Neil while he focuses on Part III. I can see it releasing at the end of the PS5 lifecycle.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
I have to play TLOU2 one more time, don't I? I was holding out for some Director's cut or something.

On topic of VR, Behemoth looks interesting. Apparently the studio has a good game which uses the medium very effectively, and with the new tech should be even better. How big are they, though? Do they have the resources for a high fidelity AAA game?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This TLOU MP game seems pretty far away, it might miss the timeframe of TV show going supernova.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
At PlayStation London Studio, we are on a mission to make award-winning, landmark games. Innovation is always at the heart of what we do, and our upcoming PlayStation 5 multiplayer title strives to push more boundaries. The focus for our brand-new console IP is to continue growing our team to work on our online co-op combat game set in modern fantasy London.
As part of the Studio Leadership Team, we are looking for a Game Director, to drive the product vision on a new and very ambitious online game. You'll work with the leadership team to develop an outstanding product that achieves high quality, is commercially successful and is also reflective of the values we stand for. You are someone who is exceptional at making creative and informed decisions, whilst leading and nurturing the development team by inspiring them to collaborate on and implement your product vision.
The game is far off

Status
Not open for further replies.