Status
Not open for further replies.

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020
i can't wait to see how Spider-Man 2 will look ...... i mean in a technical side
InsomniacGames are just beast so i just can't wait to see that in action

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Welp if Grubb's info is accurate then we're currently somewhere around 4.5 to 5.5 weeks away from the PlayStation Showcase. 6.5 weeks at most.

Even though it's very likely, I'm still hoping it'll be on the usual Thursday since I have that day off from work.

Besides the games we'll obviously get, I wonder what else we may find out about in the next few weeks, or even at the Showcase. PS5 games streaming from the cloud? Anything noteworthy for the upcoming 1 year anniversary of the new PS+ (maybe linked to PS5 games in the cloud?). Seems a bit early for all the hardware announcements that're rumored for later this year, but who knows. More acquisitions besides Firewalk?

I saw someone mention in another thread that they observed that Haven and Firewalk were acquired close to the yearly anniversary of when Sony announced their partnerships, which indicates that an annual review may have occurred with each partnership and Sony pulled the trigger. Deviations yearly anniversary would be in early June, so maybe we'll see Deviation acquired around that time too?

So much random crap could get announced this week around the time of the annual report. Excited to see what happens 😃

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
I wish ignoring an user would also ignore quotes. Kinda useless when people fall into misery bait so easy then the thread turns into a bunch of nonsense quotes.

Id rather they just stop posting here completely since it's apparent they don't like anything PlayStation (or anything gaming tbh). Posting here just to get others to join your crusade about how "AAA turn based RPGs with adult characters" and a bunch of other requirements aren't being made everyday is tiring and doesn't add anything to the convo, just deails into unproductive negativity......but I digress.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I was gonna do a blog roundup last night but the predictions OT took a lot of time so I'll do it later today. I wanted to put in more details in the showcase like what other third-party partners will show up and the length of the showcase. I honestly think we might be looking at over an hour long event. It will drag a bit, but there will be tons of content to digest.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
It'll work if they give everyone in the sequel a brand new hat! Malibu Stacy taught me that. 😁

Heh, other than that, still have never played FGO, but if part of Sony is happy to make money off of it, I don't see why another part of Sony wouldn't be happy to try and do the same. I mean, SIE's forming a mobile division, hiring a bunch of experienced folks, bringing on new studios, tapping into the knowledge of Bungie for live service... one would have to think they'd at LEAST have some convo's with their cousins at Aniplex to help utilize their data, or discuss some sort of collaboration.

Ah well, guess we'll wait and see how this strategy of theirs shapes up
They don't own the Fate IP, it belongs to type moon and the current leadership of PS aren't interested in anime game, the only anime games they vouched for was thanks to shu before he became head of indie.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Keep in mind, Second Son was a launch title. Launch titles don't sell nearly as much as games that come out late into a console's lifespan simply because of basic attachment rate metrics. Of course Second Son didn't sell as much as Days Gone did, there were like 20x more PS4s in people's houses by the time DG came out.
It has the advantage of better receptions than Days Gone at least.

Of course Sucker Punch could coy & saying like "we never said Infamous IP is dead, but we'll never going to say we will/never make Infamous game again."

Guess we have to wait after Tsushima sequel released.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
They don't own the Fate IP, it belongs to type moon and the current leadership of PS aren't interested in anime game, the only anime games they vouched for was thanks to shu before he became head of indie.

They could still work with Type-Moon on an adaptation, if desired. With SIE investing more into Asia overall, and Sony Group itself pushing their new anime pillar, there's bound to be some crossover at some point. Sony's anime division isn't THAT old, and games take time to make. For all we know there are plans in the works that we just don't know about yet.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It has the advantage of better receptions than Days Gone at least.

Of course Sucker Punch could coy & saying like "we never said Infamous IP is dead, but we'll never going to say we will/never make Infamous game again."

Guess we have to wait after Tsushima sequel released.

If Tsushima actually had supernatural powers it would go a long way towards making me feel less bad about inFamous being dead. But Tsushima is just so fucking mundane, so we have this guy with no interesting abilities stabbing people in the necks over and over again and it's just such a bummer.

We need a big, expansive superpowers game on modern hardware. Nobody else is making them. Even Insom keeps picking superheroes whose powers are "pretty fast and can punch good" and "magic healing factor", which doesn't really expand on the whole superpowers conceit the way a new-gen inFamous could.

boltz

Banned
Feb 15, 2023
I thought Tsushima is pretty good, hyped for the sequel.

Infamous should come back aswell and go full deep on the powers.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Tsushima actually had supernatural powers it would go a long way towards making me feel less bad about inFamous being dead. But Tsushima is just so fucking mundane, so we have this guy with no interesting abilities stabbing people in the necks over and over again and it's just such a bummer.
Not the Ghost of Tsushima slander.
58042h.png

That's like saying you want to strap boosters to the back of every car in Gran Turismo to make it like Wipeout cause it's so mundane otherwise.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Halfway through the OT in a month, likely a month away to the showcase, its going to be really close lol.
Guess when you count the day they officially announce the showcase then the OT will grow +20 pages alone though so i imagine it will happen in the next OT.
The stealth needs work for the sequel
Thats fair but tbf I just wanted to duel everyone anyway lol.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

We need a big, expansive superpowers game on modern hardware. Nobody else is making them. Even Insom keeps picking superheroes whose powers are "pretty fast and can punch good" and "magic healing factor", which doesn't really expand on the whole superpowers conceit the way a new-gen inFamous could.
I don't know why but I honestly doubt you played Tsushima if it's what you describe. I played it and nearly completed it and it's more than just a "stabby stabby" game.

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022
They could still work with Type-Moon on an adaptation, if desired. With SIE investing more into Asia overall, and Sony Group itself pushing their new anime pillar, there's bound to be some crossover at some point. Sony's anime division isn't THAT old, and games take time to make. For all we know there are plans in the works that we just don't know about yet.
I think the perfect studio to make a mobile game that can be a success for SIE is Vanillaware.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The question I suppose is whether they're the same project and one is a mobile port, or separate projects. So, where do folks currently stand on Simon Larouche and what he may be working on? Think it's the Horizon online game, or possibly Killzone related or something else?
Give up on it being KZ, he is likely working on that MP game that was leaked.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I bought a PS5 after after my series x started giving me trouble. I've returned to the fold. I'm curious to know what the studios are working on beyond spiderman 2, Last of Us next and wolverine really. Seems like a lot of question marks?
Quite a bit of question marks outside of the expected sequels and some live service stuff we know about.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The question I suppose is whether they're the same project and one is a mobile port, or separate projects. So, where do folks currently stand on Simon Larouche and what he may be working on? Think it's the Horizon online game, or possibly Killzone related or something else?
Simon Larouche literally wrote Horizon Online Game in his profile.
And given he's been at GG for 5+ years, maybe the game is closer to reveal than we think.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
PlanetSmasher Weren't you complaining about Nate Fox and the writting team of Sucker Punch before Tsushima came out? The only way you could come up with that conclusion is because Infamous sucked! lol

But I take that what you want is Infamous gameplay, which had fun mechanics at least. Designwise it wasn't anything of note.

I'm all for an original super heroes game but man, you can't come up with more boring characters and stories than what Infamous had.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I for one would hate having super(nautral) powers in Ghost... its been done. Go play Nioh (seriously, its AMAZING) and that has a blend of Japanese history and Oni/Yokai stuff.

Ghost needs to stay grounded, seeing as the only true alternative is probably that new Assassins Creed game... which will still be an AC game so Im not really hyped for it.

Or if you really need stupid bullshit powers for no good reason, maybe you'd be the one person who likes the garbage changes to Yakuza Ishin Kiwami... which was a pretty nice arcadey samurai game (grounded-ish, heat moves aside) but now bosses and you can shoot fireballs for no good reason). The original remains vastly and unquestionably superior.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not the Ghost of Tsushima slander.
58042h.png

That's like saying you want to strap boosters to the back of every car in Gran Turismo to make it like Wipeout cause it's so mundane otherwise.

Tsushima showed its entire hand like an hour in and never, ever got more interesting from that point on. The rock/paper/scissors stance system being the only way to efficiently damage most enemies meant there was basically zero point in ever doing anything other than switching to the stance the enemy you're currently attacking is weak to so they die in two or three hits. The flashiest "power" you unlock is a late-game "set your sword on fire" ability that lasts like eight or nine seconds. And the stealth is practically nonexistent.

It's an absolutely gorgeous game aesthetically, but it's surprisingly shallow from a gameplay standpoint. Adding way more abilities and letting players tackle situations in a variety of ways, allowing for more freeform player expression, would've gone a long way.

I don't know why but I honestly doubt you played Tsushima if it's what you describe. I played it and nearly completed it and it's more than just a "stabby stabby" game.

I finished the whole game 100%.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I for one would hate having super(nautral) powers in Ghost... its been done. Go play Nioh (seriously, its AMAZING) and that has a blend of Japanese history and Oni/Yokai stuff.

Ghost needs to stay grounded, seeing as the only true alternative is probably that new Assassins Creed game... which will still be an AC game so Im not really hyped for it.

Or if you really need stupid bullshit powers for no good reason, maybe you'd be the one person who likes the garbage changes to Yakuza Ishin Kiwami... which was a pretty nice arcadey samurai game (grounded-ish, heat moves aside) but now bosses and you can shoot fireballs for no good reason). The original remains vastly and unquestionably superior.

Ishin's biggest problem isn't the power cards, it's Ryoma's ABSURDLY LOW damage output. I don't know why they balanced attack damage down so much, I do not remember the original PS4 version having enemies take THIS MANY hits to kill outside of some of the hardest Battle Dungeons.

I think the perfect studio to make a mobile game that can be a success for SIE is Vanillaware.

Vanillaware? Do they have ANY experience making gacha games? Because a successful gacha is basically the only way to make a successful mobile game nowadays. And there are absolutely THOUSANDS of gacha on the market fighting for people's attention. It's extremely difficult to break through and make a hit in that field now - FGO only manages to stay on top because it was one of the earlier ones that's been around forever, like Dokkan Battle.

Oct 25, 2017
Certified classic & not even lifetime sales numbers nor straight sequel yet to strike while the iron is hot.

Keen-Clapping-After-Loss.gif

Of course Bend Studio could coy & saying like "we never said Days Gone IP is dead, but we'll never going to say we will/never make Days Gone game again."
😭🥲 it's a classic to me dammit. Guess ima drifter, a mercenary a bounty hunter. And for me the only thing that's left is the broken road…but I'll always remember"

*title card

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ishin just sucks in general.
Disagree. The core game is fairly solid IF you spend the time grinding out all the move unlocks. By the end of the game you can be parrying, countering and styling on large goon squads and even the final boss, I find it so damn fun. What I dont find fun is a boss suddenly (and with no way to evade) busting out fireballs that drain my health... it feels so tacked on (I mean, it is so tacked on).

The original remains ace, especially since the remake messed with the balance of all styles so the game just feels wack. Seriously, Id STILL recommend the original even if you were not so hot on the remake.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO Planetsmasher about to offend the Honor of this entire OT 😂

Seriously, I couldn't agree more! WFH has absolutely changed my life, in the best way. I feel incredibly blessed and fortunate that our studio heads recognize the benefits of WFH, and, I think it's safe for me to talk about this, they've said as much in terms of how WFH hasn't had a negative effect on our productivity, but has also improved our productivity, and our mental and emotional health. They have also been honest enough to admit that, they, themselves, enjoy WFH, though most of the studio heads come into the office regularly for important things, but by and large, they also appreciate the benefits of being able to be home with their families, cut back on commute, and, for many, focus better than in an office. We still try to foster in person events and socialization, and there are plenty folks on our team that enjoy being in an office environment, but the vast majority of us are all in on WFH, including leadership.

And that's the real kicker to this WFH situation; it has to be a top to bottom implementation. And your spoilered part is really the crux of a lot of the push back to WFH. Too many execs are stuck in the old way of thinking about business and productivity, and many also feel that because they had to endure mandatory in office work for their careers, that "their" employees should as well. It's selfish, spiteful thinking. I'd rather have an energized, enthusiastic, and productive workforce, than one that is burned out, stressed, and less efficient to the aforementioned burnout and stress.

The data shows how beneficial WFH is for most people, and at least giving employees the option to be WFH (obviously there are certain industries where WFH isn't possible), should be a regular thing. At least the gaming industry is slowly realizing that for most of our work, we don't necessarily need to be face to face in an office to do our jobs effectively. The biggest challenges have really been making sure communication lines aren't impacted between in office and WFH teammates, and infrastructures for submitting our work were in place and secure.

Yeah, there's just so much data showing how beneficial it is for people while still showing that productivity can be maintained or even increased. I understand that it goes against decades of established norms and some top brass has a hard time coming to terms with it but damn, your employees well-being should trump their hesitation of adopting a proper wfh policy.

I like that you put "their" in quotes because I've come across management that 100% think they own their employees lol it's sad. But I'm glad people are no longer okay with the way things are and I hope that everyone who pushes back are able to find success.

FYI it's nice seeing a figboy post pop up every now and then 😁

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
InFamous was great, and frankly underappreciated.

I think Ghost is fine, but it doesn't give me the same joy to play.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Halfway through the OT in a month, likely a month away to the showcase, its going to be really close lol.
Guess when you count the day they officially announce the showcase then the OT will grow +20 pages alone though so i imagine it will happen in the next OT.
Yea I think the we will be on a new OT in time for the Showcase. We also got the potential Business Strategy meeting that could be bore that will reveal some more info on their future plans

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
InFamous was great, and frankly underappreciated.

I think Ghost is fine, but it doesn't give me the same joy to play.

Zipping up the side of a building using Neon powers like you're Barry Allen and then rocketing into the air was such a satisfying thing to do. Spider-Man has a little bit of that too but it's not quite the same. There's a distinct lack of superhero games about superpowers on modern hardware, and it's a shame.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
To Bend Studio's credit, Days Gone was & still enjoyable more than Zero Dawn to me.

That's the best praise & achievement from me to them, I guess.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tsushima showed its entire hand like an hour in and never, ever got more interesting from that point on. The rock/paper/scissors stance system being the only way to efficiently damage most enemies meant there was basically zero point in ever doing anything other than switching to the stance the enemy you're currently attacking is weak to so they die in two or three hits. The flashiest "power" you unlock is a late-game "set your sword on fire" ability that lasts like eight or nine seconds. And the stealth is practically nonexistent.

It's an absolutely gorgeous game aesthetically, but it's surprisingly shallow from a gameplay standpoint. Adding way more abilities and letting players tackle situations in a variety of ways, allowing for more freeform player expression, would've gone a long way.
Zero complaints combat wise here and I'm extremely picky for stuff like that. When you're fighting a group and have to switch stances on the fly it was really fun. Flashiness isn't really necessary but the game had 4 useful mythic attacks that each came from a mythic tale completion. The one that had you zoom between 3 enemies was way cooler than the fire sword.

Everything you want will probably be expanded on in the sequel (superpower stuff probably in an expanded Legends mode). The base game had a good bit of variety and Iki Island added even more with the enemies switching weapons mid fight so you'd need to switch stances during a fight while also dealing with a group.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Sony anime division is as old as Playstation, and sony music worked before the anime division came up on anime already.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So is this Showcase where Pragmata makes a return so we can finally learn what the game is about?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Quite disappointing that Guerilla is the one doing the online Horizon game. Was really expecting something new from that second team.

If the external/Korean game is not exclusive to mobile, can't see why they would do two online games on that universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.