• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I have...

• A PlayStation and no PlayStation Plus

Votes: 209 13.9%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Essential

Votes: 308 20.4%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Extra

Votes: 313 20.8%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Premium

Votes: 532 35.3%
  • No PlayStation: The Dark World

Votes: 145 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
*Looks around*

Look folks, I consulted with the magic hat and I'll be straight with ya. This week we'll get one of those PS Blog drops where they announce several indie titles, one at a time. That's this weeks announcement.

It's the following week that we get the Showcase announcement for June 1st. Sony will set the expectation that we'll hear from PlayStation Studios and third party partners. They'll also tell us that it's "over 60 minutes"

The hat also gave me some bad news. The very day that Sony announces the Showcase, some asshole will drop some spoilers and reveal some content that no one expected to be there.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
People shouldn't waste any thought on a "what if it doesn't happen" scenario.

The showcase is happening. It has to.
tangled-the-series-disney.gif

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I just watched "The name of the game" which is a documentary on the development of Nex Machina from Housemarque. I did not know that Sony basically saved the project as Housemarque was really running out of money. It's a great watch if you're interested in knowing more about the team there, they seem to be a great company and I'm so glad they still exist today.

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
I just watched "The name of the game" which is a documentary on the development of Nex Machina from Housemarque. I did not know that Sony basically saved the project as Housemarque was really running out of money. It's a great watch if you're interested in knowing more about the team there, they seem to be a great company and I'm so glad they still exist today.
That sounds interesting I think I'll give it a watch if I can drag myself away from Paradise Killer

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily. It could just be a ploy to gather a bunch of followers quickly, which can be monetized in straightforward enough fashion. So yes, revenue is probably the goal but it's not necessarily clear whether the product is the game, the system, or the would-be celebrity.

I think they're a fairly popular celebrity. They seem to post other clear marketing promotions that aren't marked as #ads. Not sure if it's a requirement on instagram or maybe depends on the country might not be US based. Anyway that caption just feels like direct marketing copy.

Azn012

May 17, 2022
Team may is already feeling the pressure and with each coming day with no announcement it's only going to get worse.

#Team no showcase

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's mandatory to state if is a add

Depends on the country, in the US it is, but for example in Spain it's not. I don't know who she is but that looks like finnish or hungarian.

Fakeedit: She's hungarian, so if she's living there it will depend on hungarian laws, as we know there is no EU law that mandates it (I think, as I'm almost positive is not mandatory here).

Gubbernecco

Jan 30, 2023
Sony should announce an indie SoP for Thursday and then announce the Showcase at the end of the SoP. Just to troll everybody

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Tomorrow is Marvelous Monday which means we'll get an announcement! Meh..who I am kidding, nothing ever gets announced on Monday 😔

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Here's my random guess on what Pixelopus was working on, and yes I think another studio has taken over. It's a project no one saw coming, and it is... a Married With Children RPG!

You may say, "but viv, it's a project in collab with Sony Pictures Animation and Married With Children was a live action show!" Well to that I'd answer...

www.google.ca

‘Married… With Children’ Animated Series With Original Cast Heats Up TV Marketplace

An animated revival of 'Married... with Children' with Katey Sagal, Ed O'Neill, Christina Applegate and David Faustino is being pitched to networks.

I'd love a MWC game, so do it Sony!

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I've played more than 35 hours between the 3 betas and I think it's a bit much calling the game that. I get why some people might think it's boring and that's because of two reasons: a) enemy scaling (which I don't like at all btw) and b) lack of movement speed/mobility. But once you start to put your build together things get more interesting and fun. Last night I got an amulet that makes my frozen orb explode three times instead of only one.

I'll say one thing though. Diablo 4 doesn't feel the same as previous entries because the feeling of loneliness and isolation is totally lost with the MMO lite elements.

Diablo Prime Evil Collection (D3 + D2 combo) is on sale on PSN. Maybe you should try those two games first. D2 is very fast paced and D3 is very chaotic.

Yeah it's mostly the mobility for me, was hoping the combat was more about dodging attacks and stuff.

Saw a bit of some walktroughs from Diablo 2 and it basically seems the same style of gameplay? Large groups of enemies coming directly at the players with them just holding their ground while cleaning them up, and picking a bunch of loot after.

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022
Here's my random guess on what Pixelopus was working on, and yes I think another studio has taken over. It's a project no one saw coming, and it is... a Married With Children RPG!

You may say, "but viv, it's a project in collab with Sony Pictures Animation and Married With Children was a live action show!" Well to that I'd answer...

www.google.ca

‘Married… With Children’ Animated Series With Original Cast Heats Up TV Marketplace

An animated revival of 'Married... with Children' with Katey Sagal, Ed O'Neill, Christina Applegate and David Faustino is being pitched to networks.

I'd love a MWC game, so do it Sony!
It was better a game of "Emoji The Movie" 🫣

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a bit of some walktroughs from Diablo 2 and it basically seems the same style of gameplay? Large groups of enemies coming directly at the players with them just holding their ground while cleaning them up, and picking a bunch of loot after.

More or less, yes. Choose a character and chase items useful for your build. You get stronger, increase the difficulty to get better rewards and loot, get stronger, increase the difficulty again, get more loot, etc. This is Diablo. I'm oversimplifying and there are big differences in the endgame content between games but you get the gist of it. It's all about the loot and pushing your build as much as you can.

Some classes and builds are harder to use than others and require a bit more attention, but overall these are chill games play. You can do endgame and have a stream or a podcast playing in another monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.