• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I have...

• A PlayStation and no PlayStation Plus

Votes: 209 13.9%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Essential

Votes: 308 20.4%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Extra

Votes: 313 20.8%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Premium

Votes: 532 35.3%
  • No PlayStation: The Dark World

Votes: 145 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Good question – I'm going Team May. :)
giphy.webp

Toiletduck

Dec 10, 2017
Probably the minority here, but other than the usual big games, I'm very excited to hear more about Sony's remote play (maybe cloud?) device. I stream from my PS5 all the time via my Logitech G Cloud or PlayStation Backbone. I love both devices (esp. the former), though would love to see something from Sony with DuelSense tech.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Everytime I redeem wallet funds I get this weird tip about 10-digit discount codes… but I'm pretty sure they don't exist at all. I've never seen one and the only time it's mentioned is in that screen. So weird.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
This is most likely the week of the (rumored) announcement. Let's have fun even if nothing happens, the doom posting will be wild though 😭.

Cyclopsfire21

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my random guess on what Pixelopus was working on, and yes I think another studio has taken over. It's a project no one saw coming, and it is... a Married With Children RPG!

You may say, "but viv, it's a project in collab with Sony Pictures Animation and Married With Children was a live action show!" Well to that I'd answer...

www.google.ca

‘Married… With Children’ Animated Series With Original Cast Heats Up TV Marketplace

An animated revival of 'Married... with Children' with Katey Sagal, Ed O'Neill, Christina Applegate and David Faustino is being pitched to networks.

I'd love a MWC game, so do it Sony!
Where the poster that was a huge MWC fan and had Al as their avatar?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I would love a new SOCOM game.
Kinda weird that Sony completely abandoned all their military shooters, there is still a big market for that genre.
I think CoD already has that covered, plus the marketing exclusivity, unless something new and big comes from ABK and MS in the future. 🤷

But SOCOM and Resistance were just as fair, just like Twisted Metal.

Maybe someday...

Or not.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Hellooooo #TeamJune !!!! We're so ready for #Team May's tears (not of the Kingdom, let me tell you.)

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when the XVI previews hit next week? That'll allow us to cross out one day that the Showcase won't happen.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Oh friend, why set yourself up for disappointment? At least June 1st is right around the corner, so I'm sure that'll lift your spirits when May 25th comes and goes with no Showcase 😉
Are there any bets attached to the teams?

If so, there will be sooo many clown edits coming... lol

How early in advance do PS usually announce their showcases?
The big ones: One week in advance

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
I would love a new SOCOM game.
Kinda weird that Sony completely abandoned all their military shooters, there is still a big market for that genre.
It's a combination of
  • Paying for COD Marketing Rights since E3 2015,
  • None of their studios wanted to make one,
  • And SIE prioritizing 3rd Party Support on PS4.
ABK, EA & Ubisoft already heavily invest in the military shooter market with COD, Battlefield, and those Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon/The Division/XDefiant games. Not to mention there's now Counter Strike 2 from Valve that I hope gets a console release too. So unless you count Sci fi shooters like Destiny, it doesn't seem smart for SIE to make their own military shooter / Socom vs all the other genres that I'd rather they explore instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.