Votes: 532 35.3%
  • No PlayStation: The Dark World

Votes: 145 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Yeah, I mean, it's not impossible, but it's hard for Sony to find a massively exclusive RPG game.
I'm not going to say it's impossible because anything is possible in a small percentage, but I'd say it's pretty unlikely that Sony will release an exclusive Sci -Fi RPG similar to Starfield on ps5.

Doub

Nov 11, 2020
It's annoying, but I don't see why Microsoft should be called out for that. I'd rather have a timed marketing exclusive deal for a few games than actual exclusivity. It's the lesser of the evils and just a minor annoyance in the bigger picture.
I mean I don't mind the exclusivity as long as it's clear in the trailers and messaging. Here it's just fogging up for a few days for the sake of ambiguity / confusion

The number of people making that decision over a 48 hour period this far out from the game's release is going to be utterly negligible, making this thing the dumbest exclusivity clause in existence.

If someone is going to skip out on getting the game on PlayStation it'll be because of its availability on Game Pass, not some temporary obfuscation.
Yeah completely agree that's why I find it pretty dumb, day one on gamepass is enough, you can announce the others platforms and it doesn't detriment it

Last edited:

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
I preordered the game for pc as it looks really good and just because it's not coming out on PS5 doesn't mean people are any less interested. However I do want to say that it's a real shame that PS5 isn't going to have an exclusive game similar to Starfield this generation.
They tried to get this as a timed exclusive as per Imran Khan but who knew they would be bought. Bethesda is a traditional RPG studio with decades of experience and have the technology and mechanics in place that they can improve and use it in Starfield like base building for example. It is shaping out to be a gigantic game that surprised me how good it is in that showcase. It would take Sony or any other studio many years to make a game like that starting from nothing.

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022
Wasn't Cory from SMS working on something new and related to space?
Yes, but sadly it won't be an RPG.
I'm not going to say it's impossible because anything is possible in a small percentage, but I'd say it's pretty unlikely that Sony will release an exclusive Sci -Fi RPG similar to Starfield on ps5.
Ah ok, more specific.
Sure, that's hard enough, Bethesda is a monster when it comes to making great games.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Yes, but sadly it won't be an RPG.

Ah ok, more specific.
Sure, that's hard enough, Bethesda is a monster when it comes to making great games.
Yeah, the only way I can think of for Sony to launch an exclusive RPG is for them to acquire a studio that specializes in that genre, or commission them to develop an exclusive RPG for their platform.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Obviously we'll still get WRPG games on PS5 like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Baldurs Gate 3, The Witcher etc.... Only they won't be exclusives but multiplatform games and none will be of the size, scope or theme that Starfield is. In that respect, Microsoft has been quite clever in securing Starfield as an exclusive as I think it will take years for a game of the same theme, size and ambition as Starfield to come out.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
Yeah, that's literally impossible. Starfield has been in development for almost 10? years. By a studio that is considered one of the best in that specific genre.
A smaller scale RPG could be a possibility, but I don't think so either. If your normal action-rpg already takes 5-7 years of development, imagine a studio creating a true AAA RPG from scratch. That would take them 8+ years as well.
Game development is just too long nowadays. And if your studio doesn't have 500+ developers focused on one project on that scale, then good luck.

I mean I don't mind the exclusivity as long as it's clear in the trailers and messaging. Here it's just fogging up for a few days for the sake of ambiguity / confusion
I just don't see the issue with a 2 day marketing exclusivity. Seems like such a small issue to get emotional about.
But to each their own.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

I get the idea we'll get a collection before a new game. But that's because I get the feeling a new game is low on their list right now :(

Id take whatever Capcom releases though, when their "worst" game in several years is just the slightly disappointing RE3, then you know they are doing something right. Im excited for Ghost Trick and Exoprimal next (and one day I'll finish MH Rise and hopefully plat SFVI!)

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I preordered the game for pc as it looks really good and just because it's not coming out on PS5 doesn't mean people are any less interested. However I do want to say that it's a real shame that PS5 isn't going to have an exclusive game similar to Starfield this generation.
Yeah, I'm trying to pretend that the FOMO isn't hurting, but it's rough.

I don't think it's fair to even attempt to put out a game like Starfield, the sheer scope and size of the game is astonishing. I am hopeful that Ooze is something that can kind of scratch that itch for me. Although not knowing the developer is annoying. I'd love a Outer World's size RPG if that's what they're gunning for. The fact Sony is investing in it through XDEV is encouraging though...as long as Hulst hasn't cancelled it.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Yeah, I'm trying to pretend that the FOMO isn't hurting, but it's rough.

I don't think it's fair to even attempt to put out a game like Starfield, the sheer scope and size of the game is astonishing. I am hopeful that Ooze is something that can kind of scratch that itch for me. Although not knowing the developer is annoying. I'd love a Outer World's size RPG if that's what they're gunning for. The fact Sony is investing in it through XDEV is encouraging though...as long as Hulst hasn't cancelled it.
Don't get me wrong! I would settle for an outer worlds style exclusive WRPG as the RPG genre is the one that is in short supply on the platform.
Hopefully Ooze will be that game or hopefully any Sony studio will develop an RPG (besides Horizon).

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
I would also like to say that if Xbox has a strong position with its exclusives, we will all win because PS won't be able to sleep and will have to keep making great games to surpass itself.
Competition is always good

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
It's annoying, but I don't see why Microsoft should be called out for that. I'd rather have a timed marketing exclusive deal for a few games than actual exclusivity. It's the lesser of the evils and just a minor annoyance in the bigger picture.
Nah it's bullshit, and people would be signing a different song if some other company pulled that kind of crap…

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
It won't help it, but also I think people are wary of Bethesda after Fallout 76. if it comes out and reviews well it will sell extremely well indeed and pick it up. Heck, it is already the number one game on Steam.

That might be a factor but I don't think without PS5 it'll be able to achieve any record breaking sale for the studio like Fallout 4.

It's also a 45min video which will make alot of people go away immediately, sure it would have done a little bit better if it was on PS5 but the game generated alot of buzz as expected.

There was a separate short trailer as well.

Just checked yeah. Xbox channel accounts for like 160k views. Atlus channel is almost 400k 😑 I'm excluding P3 because that leaked. Would've been nice to have all platforms market this game but oh well, that's just how MS seems to do things with trailers now

I think Sega/Atlus are equally responsible for this messy situation.

I don't think that's the complete picture. Starfield doesn't have the same punchiness or "character" that Spider-Man 2 can get across in like 2 minutes. It's broader and more complex, less digestible. It's like vast space (including the empty bits) condensed into a gaming experience. I'm not sure how they plan to market that game.

Yeah that might be a factor but Fallout 4 had a lot more buzz but maybe it was because of franchise pedigree.

Definitely less people are interested it in now because it's not coming to PS5. Not everyone has a PC or Xbox and PS5 has a sizeable install base, heck PC players don't even purchase/play games if they're not on Steam and it's the same platform for some of the games which are exclusive to other stores.

I didn't watched the full presentation because I knew it was not possible for me to play this game. Yeah it's a shame we won't see an ambitious WRPG on PS5 similar to Starfield.

Doub

Nov 11, 2020
I just don't see the issue with a 2 day marketing exclusivity. Seems like such a small issue to get emotional about.
But to each their own.
Who's getting emotional ? It's just a dumb practice that should be called out but yeah it's no big deal, not gonna lose any sleep over that :)

FF16 seems to be getting a lot of good buzz with the demo, hope its boost those pre-orders numbers so SQ can chill a little. Seing how good capcom as been on ps4 and now ps5 gen, I wish Sony betted on them instead of Square. Won't lie FF7R is the only game so far to convince me buy a PS5 though haha

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
Nah it's bullshit, and people would be signing a different song if some other company pulled that kind of crap…

I feel like Sony would have strips torn off it for doing that.

I'm not wild about it because it's nakedly spending money to mislead public perception whereas at least timed exclusivity (already controversial) is a material change in how you get the game.

But mostly I think it just comes off as ... insecure. It makes Microsoft and Xbox look insecure. Real 'rich kid paying a classmate to be his friend for a day' energy.

No blame for devs, tho. If somebody's willing to give you money from their customer acquisition budget, so be it!

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about this is this the conversation that happens in the Xbox community about Sonys times exclusives. Once everybody realize they all in the same boat when it comes to these deals and shit it be a way better time

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022
Obviously we'll still get WRPG games on PS5 like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Baldurs Gate 3, The Witcher etc.... Only they won't be exclusives but multiplatform games and none will be of the size, scope or theme that Starfield is. In that respect, Microsoft has been quite clever in securing Starfield as an exclusive as I think it will take years for a game of the same theme, size and ambition as Starfield to come out.
Now that you've talked about the lack of RPGs in the line of Sony's own games, I'm surprised Sony didn't look for their own RPG studio when Xbox acquired Bethesda and Obsididan, they bought almost every RPG studio most relevant and talented

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Now that you've talked about the lack of RPGs in the line of Sony's own games, I'm surprised Sony didn't look for their own RPG studio when Xbox acquired Bethesda and Obsididan, they bought almost every RPG studio most relevant and talented
There are still a few left. What I wonder every day is why Sony doesn't acquire a developer with RPG experience like Larian, Rebel Wolves or Humanoid studios.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
Who's getting emotional ? It's just a dumb practice that should be called out but yeah it's no big deal, not gonna lose any sleep over that :)

FF16 seems to be getting a lot of good buzz with the demo, hope its boost those pre-orders numbers so SQ can chill a little. Seing how good capcom as been on ps4 and now ps5 gen, I wish Sony betted on them instead of Square. Won't lie FF7R is the only game so far to convince me buy a PS5 though haha
Not you, but I've seen other posts getting real angry about this.

FF16 demo is pretty amazing (technical issues aside). Capcom has been great, but I definitely prefer SE. I'd take Final Fantasy over any Capcom IP haha
And SE still releases very experimental games with varying degrees of success, but it's a little more fun, imo.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Not you, but I've seen other posts getting real angry about this.

FF16 demo is pretty amazing (technical issues aside). Capcom has been great, but I definitely prefer SE. I'd take Final Fantasy over any Capcom IP haha
And SE still releases very experimental games with varying degrees of success, but it's a little more fun, imo.

Yeah same here, together with PS Studios SE is my favorite publisher.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Final Fantasy XIII not on the PS Store?

It's the one I want to revisit and try to complete.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The legacy of the Cell processor in the PS3 still haunting us to this day. They'd have to port it on x86-64 architecture.

Are you on PS3?
It never got ported to PS4/PS5.

Well it did get ported to PC.
I don't have a PlayStation, was just searching the store on the app.

I do own it on PC so I guess I can play it on there it's fine.

Also, I'm finally jumping in, and buying a PS5 on Friday! I've already pre-ordered FFXVI and Alan Wake 2 for it.

TranceStation

alt account
Banned
Feb 24, 2023
I don´t know why but I´m so hyped to go home and play Sackboy and I haven´t even started it lol
I´m going trough one of those phases where gaming feels so good !

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a PlayStation, was just searching the store on the app.

I do own it on PC so I guess I can play it on there it's fine.

Also, I'm finally jumping in, and buying a PS5 on Friday! I've already pre-ordered FFXVI and Alan Wake 2 for it.

Awesome, welcome! Hope you enjoy your new console.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Anything I need to get for the PS5? I'm getting an Edge controller as well and a longer charging cable. I think I'm gonna skip the Pulse headset and just use my tv speakers or my Sony XM4 headphones. They're also out of stock with the controller charging station but that's fine as I'm probably gonna play with the Edge wired.

And I assume the first thing to check out on a PS5 is the astrobot demonstration so I get to experience all the controller features?

I want TLOU Part 1 but I'm hoping for a sale sometime this month for the series anniversary.

So excited for Friday!

Awesome, welcome! Hope you enjoy your new console.
Thank you! :)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Anything I need to get for the PS5? I'm getting an Edge controller as well and a longer charging cable. I think I'm gonna skip the Pulse headset and just use my tv speakers or my Sony XM4 headphones. They're also out of stock with the controller charging station but that's fine as I'm probably gonna play with the Edge wired.

And I assume the first thing to check out on a PS5 is the astrobot demonstration so I get to experience all the controller features?

I want TLOU Part 1 but I'm hoping for a sale sometime this month for the series anniversary.

So excited for Friday!

Thank you! :)
This
imageService
71ywUrrVHFL.jpg

As well as a 2Tb PS5 compatible SSD with a heatsink.

Edit: Oh and PS Plus Extra I guess too for the library.

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022
There are still a few left. What I wonder every day is why Sony doesn't acquire a developer with RPG experience like Larian, Rebel Wolves or Humanoid studios.
Yes, Larian is very good, still, I would not trust studios that have been created recently, like Humanoid or Rebel Wolves, they will have a lot of talent and whatever, but they have to show that they can really make a good game, so that Sony can invest in these new studios and the same thing as Deviation Games does not happen to them

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Yes, Larian is very good, still, I would not trust studios that have been created recently, like Humanoid or Rebel Wolves, they will have a lot of talent and whatever, but they have to show that they can really make a good game, so that Sony can invest in these new studios and the same thing as Deviation Games does not happen to them
Yes, you're right. I think they should go for Larian imo

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, you're right. I think they should go for Larian imo
Larian is such a PC-centric studio, it'd be a weird fit for them to develop console game first and foremost with PC ports way down the line. They're really good at what they do, but they don't seem like a good fit for PlayStation to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.