• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will buy Final Fantasy XVI

• Yes (at launch)

Votes: 447 65.0%
  • Yes (at a later date)

Votes: 102 14.8%
  • Maybe (waiting for reviews and impressions)

Votes: 59 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 80 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nagito

Oct 25, 2017
The windy city
I don't know if this was already posted but there was an interview with Anthony Mackie a few days ago and he talked a bit about the Twisted Metal show. Anthony Mackie Levels Up - Inverse
Mackie says he helped shape the protagonist, John Doe, a fast-talking amnesiac "Milkman" who transports packages between fortified cities and across a post-apocalyptic hellscape. "Once I came on, they kind of tailored it to my sense of humor," he says. "I'm very wacky and dark. That influenced John Doe a lot."
A minor character in the original games, Mackie's John Doe guides audiences through Twisted Metal's gonzo world of marauders and cannibals
Mackie thinks Twisted Metal is coming at exactly the right time, due to its not-so-subtle political message about a world where the lucky few live in utopian mega-cities while everyone else scrounges to survive in the wilderness.

"We're slowly becoming the haves and the have-nots in real life," he says. "We're living in these gated communities, in these unaffordable neighborhoods. Really, it's becoming a class war in real life. That's what this show points a finger at."

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Playing on Steam due to early-access but BG3 is fire. Ridiculously deep in every RPG aspect, can't wait for the full release.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've only now started using HDMI 2.1 supported display with the PS5 and every time I close a game the entire display flickers as if I were switching inputs. Is this normal for those that use HDMI 2.1?
If by display flicker you mean it goes black for 3-4secs before the picture comes back when you start a game and it also does similar when closing the game, yeah, that's normal. It's the VRR mode kicking on when you enter a game as it's not supported on the home screen.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
If by display flicker you mean it goes black for 3-4secs before the picture comes back when you start a game and it also does similar when closing the game, yeah, that's normal. It's the VRR mode kicking on when you enter a game as it's not supported on the home screen.

Play BG3 on release.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks, saved me from trying to buy a new HDMI cable.

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022
I wonder how much time they'll spend focusing on Abby versus Ellie for the second season, especially considering they're planning on doing multiple seasons for Part II
In my opinion but I wish season 2 would focus a bit more from Abby's perspective and season 3 focus on Ellie's revenge, maybe it's a bad decision as people expect to see a continuation of Ellie and Joel.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Elon Musk fucking sucks

PSP was a fun handheld. There. I'm on topic.

It was indeed. I bought one during the time I was in the army (my country has mandatory army service for men, 12 months back when I served). A quality piece of hardware, it helped me pass the time by playing Tekken against other people in the barracks (another person had one too). I sold it as soon as I was released from service.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I've been considering getting the Pulse 3D headset, is it worth it 100 EUR?

Like Macija not really an expert on headphones but i got one and been happy with it.
Dont use it always only for more story heavy games with cutscenes because like Syne said i use glasses and after awhile it does get a little bit uncomfortable but i dont have long gaming sessions so its ok for me.
What I do think its nice its really seemless with the PS5 its literally plug and play and turning the headset on automatically switches the sound to the headphones (not sure how much other headphones have this functionality)

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Wow who could have guessed we'd get another shitty arena fighter from Bamco 🫠

And worst of all it isn't even Bleach

I adore JJK and it has so much potential for something other than another lame arena fighter..I wonder who's the developer or if it's in-house. It at least looks higher quality than a Spike Chunsoft arena fighter lol

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Elon Musk fucking sucks

PSP was a fun handheld. There. I'm on topic.
My mind was totally blown by the aspect of a handheld that can play movies, games through mini discs. There were also some visually excellent games that still hold up now like God of war ghost of sparta, MGS peacewalker, Ace Combat, Resistance etc

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
I wonder how much time they'll spend focusing on Abby versus Ellie for the second season, especially considering they're planning on doing multiple seasons for Part II
I'd keep it very similar to the game. Focus on Ellie's journey and her flashbacks. Add 1-2 side stories with new characters or focused on the supporting cast(Dina, Tommy or Jessi). There are two ways to then end the season - cliffhanger in the theater with Abby holding Ellie at gun point.
Or end it with the flashback revealing Abby's past and Joel killing her father. The latter would be more effective, because viewers would somewhat understand Abby and it can sit with them for 1-2 years until season 3 focuses on her story.
Season 3 should be about Abby, but I would love deep dives into the Seraphites. Give me a whole episode on the prophet and Lev/Yara.
Part 2 has so many interesting characters and themes that could be explored in the show, because it can jump to other characters and isn't bound to Ellie and Abby.

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
I adore JJK and it has so much potential for something other than another lame arena fighter..I wonder who's the developer or if it's in-house. It at least looks higher quality than a Spike Chunsoft arena fighter lol
It's the same dev that did my hero I think, Byking. Nothing against the dev but I'm not holding out hope it's going to be amazing, or really any different from all the others

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
The Titan fights in FFXVI made me miss the big scale boss fights of the old god of war games. What an awesome sequence.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
It's the same dev that did my hero I think, Byking. Nothing against the dev but I'm not holding out hope it's going to be amazing, or really any different from all the others

Ooooh Byking. Yeah lol I'm aight. The only company to make arena fighters I enjoyed is CC2. But these games are always meant to just capitalize on the IP so I'm not surprised

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Speaking of headphones do you guys and girls always use it or is depending on the game?
For me like i said i use it more for story heavy games

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
It depends. If they have 3D profiles or above-average implementation I use headphones. For most games I'm fine with my TV speakers.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of headphones do you guys and girls always use it or is depending on the game?
Never for story heavy games/single player games. I use them for multiplayer online shooters so I can hear footsteps of people trying to come behind me.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

I have the INZONE H7 and almost exclusively use it whenever I'm playing online with friends - mostly Destiny 2. Otherwise I use my home theater setup. I absolutely LOVE how the larger combat sequences in FF16 make my subwoofer go wild and shake the room.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
We're in the month of the Twisted Metal TV series debuting! It's got my attention for some stupid fun and there's plenty of room to further surprise me. Wonder how it'll be received by the masses.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Hope restored!

Yuppers:

The challenge of combining dramatic storytelling and the games' "balls-out fun and craziness" was apparently no obstacle for the team of Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, known for writing Zombieland and the Deadpool movies together. "They're able to kind of take these violent, ridiculous things and make them fun," Swan said. "Zombieland's a good barometer if you look at what happens in that movie as to what we could do."

boltz

Banned
Feb 15, 2023
Cool!!!!!

... who's that and what did they say? 😄
Screenshot-2.png