Will buy Final Fantasy XVI

• Yes (at launch)

Votes: 447 65.0%
  • Yes (at a later date)

Votes: 102 14.8%
  • Maybe (waiting for reviews and impressions)

Votes: 59 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 80 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, no OT is called "PRO X". They're discussions for very specific topics. It just so happens that anytime there is an OT on something, people who are most interested in that thing spend the most time in there which usually leads to an echo chamber, similar to subreddits. This means any "dissenting opinion" will probably get dogpiled.

You are acting obtuse for no reason. Having an interest in a topic vs. dog piling on dissenting opinions is not the norm of OTs. I can see this if I go into xbox thread and say hey xbox should surely go third party, for example. Then I can see a strong push back because it is a thread for Xbox enthusiasts. It makes sense.

Being interested in an M&A is not what is being displayed in that thread when there are dissenting views. What is displayed there is a vast majority that have created an exho chamber being pro ABK acquisition. Are you seriously pretending otherwise? You think I don't have interest in M&A processes? it's a topic I am very interested in, because of what I do for a living. But I have no interest in going into that echo chamber. It's a waste of my time.

That's the difference. If you want to pretend such dogpiling happens in all OTs, go right ahead I guess.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
User banned (2 weeks): Antagonizing other members, trolling a community OT, and platform wars. Long history of the same behavior.
You are acting obtuse for no reason. Having an interest in a topic vs. dog piling on dissenting opinions is not the norm of OTs. I can see this if I go into xbox thread and say hey xbox should surely go third party, for example. Then I can see a strong push back because it is a thread for Xbox enthusiasts. It makes sense.

Being interested in an M&A is not what is being displayed in that thread when there are dissenting views. What is displayed there is a vast majority that have created an exho chamber being pro ABK acquisition. Are you seriously pretending otherwise? You think I don't have interest in M&A processes? it's a topic I am very interested in, because of what I do for a living. But I have no interest in going into that echo chamber. It's a waste of my time.

That's the difference. If you want to pretend such dogpiling happens in all OTs, go right ahead I guess.
This is why I said agree to disagree. I'm not being obtuse. As someone is a bit contrarian (by nature, it's not like I do it on purpose), going into an OT and giving my opinion on some things absolutely leads to dogpiles. I've kind of cemented myself in the Xbox OT as that OT's version of PlanetSmasher where people just don't care anymore and ignore when I shit on Xbox lol. The fact there is a "PlanetSmasher" for both OTs is what I'm talking about. He gets dogpiled pretty heavily here but overtime people just stopped caring to engage and his criticisms just settled in.

Bláthanna

Feb 15, 2023
Ireland
The PS5 lineup for 2024 is looking pretty damn good so far between FF7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin and Concord. Throw in Death Stranding 2 or Wolverine and it could rival their 2023 lineup.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
The PS5 lineup for 2024 is looking pretty damn good so far between FF7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin and Concord. Throw in Death Stranding 2 or Wolverine and it could rival their 2023 lineup.
I'm hyped for Concord. The developer pedigree is there (people from COD / Destiny / Apex) and it seems to have passed the Bungie litmus test. As a shooter fan I think this could be one of the few GAAS titles from Sony (alongside TLOU and Horizon) I care to check out.

Should also include Silent Hill 2 and Stellar Blade, which seem likley bound for 2024 at this point. Going to be a very strong year for the PS5.

I do think Wolverine is probably 2025 though.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a valid solution to the problem.

One solution which Mezoly just suggested is to have another OT which allows for people against to deal to post in, as the current OT is pretty much all pro-deal so it's impossible to attempt to engage in that thread.
Plus analytics and information/data involving Sony to an extent should be allowed here.

For example, the dev cost for Sony games, this is literally the PlayStation STUDIOS OT so I don't understand how that should be censored here?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm hyped for Concord. The developer pedigree is there (people from COD / Destiny / Apex) and it seems to have passed the Bungie litmus test. As a shooter fan I think this could be one of the few GAAS titles from Sony (alongside TLOU and Horizon) I care to check out.
It's my most anticipated of Sony's GAAS titles, but I'm peeved by the way they decided to announce it. A Marathon-like announcement trailer, and I probably would have been hyped.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I really wanna see more Concord. The announcement did absolutely nothing for me but seeing people say it's Bungie vets making a PvP game got me much more interested.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Concord believers unite.
giphy.webp

retrogamer397

Oct 22, 2018
Yo where da fuk is Silent Hill 2 at?

We are nearing 8.5 million views on YouTube for its trailer on the PS channel. If Bloober can deliver on a faithful and atmospheric remake, this can be a legit system seller.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
It's my most anticipated of Sony's GAAS titles, but I'm peeved by the way they decided to announce it. A Marathon-like announcement trailer, and I probably would have been hyped.
In my opinion if a GAAS title (which lives and dies by it's gameplay loop) is not ready to show gameplay then it's best left unannounced until that time comes. My excitement for Concord comes purely from research made outside of that vague CG reveal. The music was cool I guess? At least it's due within the next 18 months so we won't be waiting too long to see something more substantial.

Bláthanna

Feb 15, 2023
Ireland
DS2 and Wolverine in 2024 would be fantastic for me.
Both games next year would be crazy. I think one will be 2024 and the other in 2025.
I really wanna see more Concord. The announcement did absolutely nothing for me but seeing people say it's Bungie vets making a PvP game got me much more interested.
Yeah, announcing Concord like they did was a huge mistake. They should have held off and revealed the game with gameplay closer to release.

Oct 30, 2017

Right lol

It treats the regulatory process like a pro wrestling match.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
This is how I see Sony's roadmap for the next 2 years:

Spiderman 2 - October
Helldivers 2 - November

Q1 - Silent Hill 2
Q1 - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Q2 - Stellar Blade
Q2 - MLB 2024
Q2 - Rise of the Ronin
Q3 - Concord
Q4 - Death Stranding 2

The Last of Us Factions (If not cancelled)
Horizon Online
MLB 2025
Team Asobi Project
Wolverine
Ghost of Tsushima 2
FairGames
EDIT - Marathon (I always forget Sony own Bungie even though they're multiplat)

Last edited:

Black Void

Sep 9, 2022
I want to be excite for Fairgame$ and Concord, but the way they announced them especially Concord I can't get excited from what was a glorified logo reveal. Even Metroid Prime 4 did that.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Yo where da fuk is Silent Hill 2 at?

We are nearing 8.5 million views on YouTube for its trailer on the PS channel. If Bloober can deliver on a faithful and atmospheric remake, this can be a legit system seller.

I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more - not even at the PS Showcase. IIRC Bloober said they were pretty much done with it and now they were just fine tuning and stuff?

Spiderman 2 - October
Helldivers 2 - November

Q1 - Silent Hill 2
Q2 - Stellar Blade
Q2 - MLB 2024
Q2 - Rise of the Ronin
Q3 - Concord
Q4 - Death Stranding 2

It really does seem like 2024 will be very heavy on third/second party titles.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
I want to be excite for Fairgame$ and Concord, but the way they announced them especially Concord I can't get excited from what was a glorified logo reveal. Even Metroid Prime 4 did that.
Yeah. We learnt more about Fairgames and its setting, what you do in the game than Concord which is weird as Concord releases earlier. I still root for these games but just like you these CG trailers didn't do anything for me. The only live service game that I look forward to from PlayStation right now is Helldivers 2. I hope they announce release date soon.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
LMAO!!

Well, I heard its ok to root for a game to fail if you dont like money hats.

Yes, that thread is beyond wild.

PlayStation has been my main console for years, the Xbox 360 changed that without me realizing it. Now I'm back to PlayStation being my main console.

I'm also one the % that have all 3 platforms. Been this way since the NES, Sega Master System days, even if I barely remember those days.

I say this because when the Tomb Raider timed exclusive deal happened, I didn't root for it to fail. I just waited for it to come to Playstation.. Yeah I debated about the deal but at the end of the day...I just waited.
Yeah for example, the Live a Live Remake was exclusive on switch, but I didn't want it to bomb. I'm just glad it got ported over.

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022

Spiderman 2 - October
Helldivers 2 - November

Q1 - Silent Hill 2
Q2 - Stellar Blade
Q2 - MLB 2024
Q2 - Rise of the Ronin
Q3 - Concord
Q4 - Death Stranding 2

The Last of Us Factions (If not cancelled)
Horizon Online
MLB 2025
Team Asobi Project
Wolverine
Ghost of Tsushima 2
FairGames
EDIT - Marathon (I always forget Sony own Bungie even though they're multiplat)
Missing Lost Soul Aside and Convallaria

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Surely you realise if you talk against the acquisition in that thread you get dogpiled on? It's an actual echo chamber.

Everyone on this forum is well aware of that thread's reputation. It's actively mocked about on Twitter and other communities.

When I brought that up in that acquisition thread a bunch of people said I was wrong so you should be fine :p

In any case, I can totally see why the moderators need to take a hard stance. They would be getting reports constantly and a lot of regulars in both OTs don't want that acquisition talk in here, so it is easier to just do a blanket statement as it is impossible to make everyone happy.

It's sucks we are in the situation we are in but it is what it is.

vernacherMV

Feb 5, 2021
A hat in time was solid little game in extra. It would have been nice if the missions transitioned seamlessly instead of pushing you out to ship, but overall a fun little big.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Should also include Silent Hill 2 and Stellar Blade, which seem likley bound for 2024 at this point. Going to be a very strong year for the PS5.

I do think Wolverine is probably 2025 though.

I've said it before, but i'm going to be salty as fuck if the music and aesthetics for the actual game aren't the same as that teaser. While it obviously didn't show much, the synthwave music mixed with what seems to be retrofuturism aesthetics would be a delicious blend.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'm sure that Wolverine will come out in 2025*

*Year has been redacted by Sony legal team

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
This is why I said agree to disagree. I'm not being obtuse. As someone is a bit contrarian (by nature, it's not like I do it on purpose), going into an OT and giving my opinion on some things absolutely leads to dogpiles. I've kind of cemented myself in the Xbox OT as that OT's version of PlanetSmasher where people just don't care anymore and ignore when I shit on Xbox lol. The fact there is a "PlanetSmasher" for both OTs is what I'm talking about. He gets dogpiled pretty heavily here but overtime people just stopped caring to engage and his criticisms just settled in.

The difference here though is PlanetSmasher doesnt get banned. I can make gravity rush sucks jokes and troll Angie and not get thread banned. There is zero tolerance in the Acquisition thread which I think it needs to be there as a necessary evil, but to say it is like other OTs is incorrect for that reason.

The shit I get away with in here and in the Xbox thread lasts like five seconds in that acquisition thread.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Those of us with enough insight are already buying Sony stock for when FairgameDollarSign becomes the first game to pass 8 billion concurrent players.

Not ambitious enough. That's only everyone on Earth. Fairgames is going to become the first galactic phenomenon, reaching upwards of 100 billion players throughout the Milky Way

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
The difference here though is PlanetSmasher doesnt get banned. I can make gravity rush sucks jokes and troll Angie and not get thread banned. There is zero tolerance in the Acquisition thread which I think it needs to be there as a necessary evil, but to say it is like other OTs is incorrect for that reason.

The shit I get away with in here and in the Xbox thread lasts like five seconds in that acquisition thread.
I guess that's a fair argument. I think mods are definitely more eagle eyed in the acquisition thread but I haven't seen many people who just disagree with the deal or consolidation or whatever else getting banned. I understand the dogpile comments, however I apply that to any OT regardless of the subject matter.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Last I checked, this is a PlayStation Studios OT. If you want to talk about Microsoft, there's an OT dedicated to their game studios (be nice in there, don't make us ban you for wars).

Also, wanna talk about Activision and their potential acquisition? There's an OT for that, too.

In other words, drop the Microsoft / Activision acquisition talk in here.

I know there is no ill will behind it but this basically bans anyone in this OT to talk about something that might greatly effect them. It also hides important information in a thread that nobody in this OT visits.

Nobody in this OT can talk about that stuff in the Activision thread. I tried, but you get constantly dogpiled if you have a critical stance on the matter and seeing anyone with a differing opinion getting mass reported and banned there one by one makes it an awful experience. I also caught a 2 weeks thread ban once for saying that not the CMA was angry but Bobby Kotick et al. and that it's good to see them not getting their way. Like, how can you even get reported and thread banned for that? And since nobody in the mod team explained that to me when I made a ticket for that, I just put the thread on ignore. It was good for my sanity. I can't handle getting 10 notifications everytime I make a post there (and probably also 10 reports).

I think the mod team should reconsider the way the Activision thread is moderated. I don't know who is moderating it currently (and I don't want to know either) but they are making sure that only members with a pro acquisition stance can actually feel welcomed there. And I don't think that's how it should be. I think we all should be able to discuss pro's and con's of that acquisition without constantly being dog-piled and eventually thread banned for having a different opinion than the majority in that thread.
Currently the only place where we can discuss this stuff (that's also often Sony related) is this OT because every thread on the topic gets merged with the Activision OT. Banning it here effectively excludes us from discussing it at all.

I'm really sorry for making this post but I really don't know where else to put it.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017

Nah you are not planetsmasher. You clearly love the Xbox brand at least and are cheering on the acquisition. I have not seen one positive comment about playstation from planetsmasher for years lol

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I know there is no ill will behind it but this basically bans anyone in this OT to talk about something that might greatly effect them. It also hides important information in a thread that nobody in this OT visits.

Nobody in this OT can talk about that stuff in the Activision thread. I tried, but you get constantly dogpiled if you have a critical stance on the matter and seeing anyone with a differing opinion getting mass reported and banned there one by one makes it an awful experience. I also caught a 2 weeks thread ban once for saying that not the CMA was angry but Bobby Kotick et al. and that it's good to see them not getting their way. Like, how can you even get reported and thread banned for that? And since nobody in the mod team explained that to me when I made a ticket for that, I just put the thread on ignore. It was good for my sanity. I can't handle getting 10 notifications everytime I make a post there (and probably also 10 reports).

I think the mod team should reconsider the way the Activision thread is moderated. I don't know who is moderating it currently (and I don't want to know either) but they are making sure that only members with a pro acquisition stance can actually feel welcomed there. And I don't think that's how it should be. I think we all should be able to discuss pro's and con's of that acquisition without constantly being dog-piled and eventually thread banned for having a different opinion than the majority in that thread.
Currently the only place where we can discuss this stuff (that's also often Sony related) is this OT because every thread on the topic gets merged with the Activision OT. Banning it here effectively excludes us from discussing it at all.

I'm really sorry for making this post but I really don't know where else to put it.
Excellent post. You pretty much summarized my thoughts on the situation. Thank you for sharing this.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Been feeling this way for a while and couldn't have said it any better. Like you can't even be constructive around it even if you are against consolidation at this historic level. Just a waste of time and just getting banned for literally challenging the status quo.

Overall I'm over it, discussion around these things are poisonous especially when people have direct financial interest in it.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Nah you are not planetsmasher. You clearly love the Xbox brand and are cheering on the acquisition. I have not seen one positive comment about playstation from planetsmasher for years.
Regarding the acquisition, I've posted here multiple times that I'm also in favor of Sony acquiring publishers especially CDPR as I think it fits well within their "cinematic AAA" formula and is a competitor to Microsoft's WRPG studios. I've said in the acquisition thread, I have no problem with exclusivity or acquisitions, I think they improve competition but diving too deep into that has no place in this thread.

Regarding Xbox and its brand, I've also said I think Xbox will quit the hardware business and be a third party publisher on multiple occasions. That I think Matt Booty should've been gone forever ago for Halo's demise and in turn Phil was responsible and maybe there needed to be a change of leadership (hoo boy I got dogpiled for that), I got threadbanned because I called someone out that I believed liked to spam to hide any bad news about Xbox whenever it came out, and probably a number of other things that I can't think off of the top of my head. Me being supportive of the Xbox brand and the acquisition isn't really that far off from my support for PlayStation and whatever endeavors they do acquisition-wise, right now Xbox's near term games just excite me more but there's a reason I bought a PS5 at launch and not an Xbox Series X. Pre-Bethesda Xbox brand was basically dead to me.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Agree and i know more than few others also feel that way .

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, everybody here mentioning Concord being a 2024 release and I assumed based off the teaser it was at least two years away