Status
Not open for further replies.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Baldur's Gate 3 with some good legs on PS Store. When it comes to paid games it's in the 9th position in US, while Alan Wake 2 for example is out of the top 20 (making this comparison since both are digital only). It's been near the top positions since launch (same for the the big EU countries), pretty impressive for this type of game on console.

Jul 2, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/JulieElvenMusic/status/1727860927641330065

11.webp

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Baldur's Gate 3 with some good legs on PS Store. When it comes to paid games it's in the 9th position in US, while Alan Wake 2 for example is out of the top 20 (making this comparison since both are digital only). It's been near the top positions since launch (same for the the big EU countries), pretty impressive for this type of game on console.
Still holiday insanely well on Steam would love for Larian to give numbers

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
https://www.gamechosun.co.kr/webzine/article/view.php?no=201010&pvMode=pc

Korean article released today where Shift Up (Stellar Blade developer) made official publishing deal with Sony and says is now Sony's second party partner studio.

They say release information on Stellar Blade will be revealed at later date.
Huh... it's strangely worded I'll admit. It makes it sound new, but also at the same time sounds like it's just rehashing news from the SoP back in 2022 when Stellar Blade was announced to get punished by Sony

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Huh... it's strangely worded I'll admit. It makes it sound new, but also at the same time sounds like it's just rehashing news from the SoP back in 2022 when Stellar Blade was announced to get punished by Sony
yeah I thought publishing deal was confirmed when they revealed the game at SoP last year... but the article sure makes it sound it's brand new info here.
It is an official announcement from Shit Up today, so I feel like we might be hearing about the game again not too long after.

Κroηos

Jul 27, 2022
yeah I thought publishing deal was confirmed when they revealed the game at SoP last year... but the article sure makes it sound it's brand new info here.
It is an official announcement from Shit Up today, so I feel like we might be hearing about the game again not too long after.
Well, it wouldn't be bad to know a little more about the game, I don't think we'll see anything at the TGA, so...

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

Korean article released today where Shift Up (Stellar Blade developer) made official publishing deal with Sony and says is now Sony's second party partner studio.

TGA 2023?

State of Play end of the year?

Even a mythical second Showcase at 31st December 2023 still viable as long it's not over 23:59 PM. 🙃

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

"ShiftUp will collaborate with SIE to introduce the triple-A-class masterpiece console game 'Stella Blade' on PS5 consoles around the world, including in Korea, and the contract officially announced that ShiftUp has joined Sony's second-party partner for the first time in South Korea"

Weird way of frasing it

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Shift Up do make successful mobile games. So, I guess Sony have a console and mobile developer secured. Although, I imagine it won't be like Nikke and Destiny Child.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

I am not sure if any of this information is actually new, but it does seem like an actual press release from what I tried to check, maybe something new about it soon then?

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
"ShiftUp will collaborate with SIE to introduce the triple-A-class masterpiece console game 'Stella Blade' on PS5 consoles around the world, including in Korea, and the contract officially announced that ShiftUp has joined Sony's second-party partner for the first time in South Korea"

Weird way of frasing it
"ShiftUp will work with SIE to bring the triple-A epic console game Stellar Blade to the PS5 console globally, including Korea, and the deal officially marks ShiftUp's first second-party partner with Sony in Korea."

Sounds better with deepl.

Basically it just says Shift Up is the first Korean developer who's game will be published by Sony (aka second party). It wouldn't suprise me if there will be also projects with other Korean developers, there were reports that PS is looking into Korea.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
"ShiftUp will work with SIE to bring the triple-A epic console game Stellar Blade to the PS5 console globally, including Korea, and the deal officially marks ShiftUp's first second-party partner with Sony in Korea."

Sounds better with deepl.

Basically it just says Shift Up is the first Korean developer who's game will be published by Sony (aka second party). It wouldn't suprise me if there will be also projects with other Korean developers, there were reports that PS is looking into Korea.
Pearl Abyss haven't announced the consoles for Crimson Desert. So maybe they will be next

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the developer commentary goes into detail why it was scrapped and at what point in the game it was supposed to be.

This looks like Santa Barbara?
They talked a little about it in the days of releasing TLoU2:

Druckmann: In the farm sequence, you can find an entry in Ellie's journal where she writes about killing this boar and how it makes her feel — we shot cut-scenes for that. There was a whole playable sequence of her hunting down a boar and it was awesome, but we felt that for pacing and production purposes it was just better to remove it. Art was done, and Ashley [Johnson] gave a great performance of how she kills this boar and everything.
Ellie getting revenge on the boar who scared the shit out of her and also me at the museum.
Gross:
That's why the boar is there! That was originally going to be a deer, but we had this boar and the boar was great.
Druckmann: And sometimes it's about what you add in. The whole idea of putting in a flash of Joel playing guitar while Abby is drowning Ellie… for a long time people were confused why Ellie spares Abby. And we were like "What's the right amount where we can just hint at something, but not be so explicit that it could only mean this one thing?" Because each decision that people make is complex. And it was really the editorial team who was like "What if we did this?" We thought it might be hokey, but it worked.

sdxcz.jpg

www.indiewire.com

Neil Druckmann and Halley Gross Open Up About the Biggest Twists of ‘The Last of Us Part II’

After years of secrecy, Neil Druckmann and Halley Gross sit down for a spoiler-filled interview about video games' most ambitious story.

I hope those deleted parts won't be too short, but predict they'll be just a few minutes.

Last edited:

KharijTheDog

Sep 23, 2022
I hope the developer commentary goes into detail why it was scrapped and at what point in the game it was supposed to be.

This looks like Santa Barbara?
It's supposed to take place after Ellie gets her PTSD flashback in the barn. In the game the scene is Ellie washing her face with water from a small pond and going back to the farmhouse after hunting some rabbits—the boar hunt happened as well but is now only referenced in her journal.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
They talked a little about it in the days of releasing TLoU2:

Druckmann: In the farm sequence, you can find an entry in Ellie's journal where she writes about killing this boar and how it makes her feel — we shot cut-scenes for that. There was a whole playable sequence of her hunting down a boar and it was awesome, but we felt that for pacing and production purposes it was just better to remove it. Art was done, and Ashley [Johnson] gave a great performance of how she kills this boar and everything.
Ellie getting revenge on the boar who scared the shit out of her and also me at the museum.
Gross:
That's why the boar is there! That was originally going to be a deer, but we had this boar and the boar was great.
Druckmann: And sometimes it's about what you add in. The whole idea of putting in a flash of Joel playing guitar while Abby is drowning Ellie… for a long time people were confused why Ellie spares Abby. And we were like "What's the right amount where we can just hint at something, but not be so explicit that it could only mean this one thing?" Because each decision that people make is complex. And it was really the editorial team who was like "What if we did this?" We thought it might be hokey, but it worked.

sdxcz.jpg

www.indiewire.com

Neil Druckmann and Halley Gross Open Up About the Biggest Twists of ‘The Last of Us Part II’

After years of secrecy, Neil Druckmann and Halley Gross sit down for a spoiler-filled interview about video games' most ambitious story.

I hope those deleted parts won't be too short, but predict they'll be just a few minutes.

We know that the Jackson section was supposed to be part of the dance sequence, except it'd be playable. So it'll probably be slightly shorter than the flashback sequences in Part II since it's incomplete.

I need Naughty Dog go make something similar to Alan Wake II.

This shit is so up their alley.

I've wanted them to do a Twin Peaks-style game. Something that leans more into Saga's portion of the game (which I think is the best part of it). A small town where you're a detective trying to figure out what's going on.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Stellar Blade was always second party has wasn't it?
I think it was first announced to Xbox too. In the firts annoucement trailer
That was all thr way back in 2019, but weve already knew the game was a PS5 console exclusive and published by SIE last year, which makes the announcement now peculiar because its not really clear what new they have announced. Maybe Sony are just taking over the entire rest of funding for the game and itll be advertised as a PlayStation Studios game next time they show it rather than start with a "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents"?

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Imagine after all this teasing it's actually his Xbox game that gets shown lol

Status
Not open for further replies.