• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I hate to put this energy but what are y'all's contingency plans if( it will not) this showcase also turned up like the last one??
Retiring from resetera? , retiring from gaming (lol)? , retiring to the Himalayas? or just go ehh it's gonna be okay?! I hope it's the last one 😅😅

Azn012

May 17, 2022
I hate to put this energy but what are y'all's contingency plans if( it will not) this showcase also turned up like the last one?? *Retiring from resetera *retiring from gaming (lol) , retiring to the Himalayas or * just go ehh it's gonna be okay?! I hope it's the last one 😅😅
Keep playing games and look forward to the next one. It's not that deep

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021

Can't see any. MS buying big publishers that were already big on PS as well starting to bring over some of their catalogue only benefits both parties. MS will bring more games over as they continue to grow towards being the biggest publisher. While PS continues to get more games on their console and take there revenue cut. The only major downside of that maybe is the Xbox console itself seeing diminishing returns but that has been heading there years now

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Can't see any. MS buying big publishers that were already big on PS as well starting to bring over some of their catalogue only benefits both parties. MS will bring more games over as they continue to grow towards being the biggest publisher. While PS continues to get more games on their console and take there revenue cut. The only major downside of that maybe is the Xbox console itself seeing diminishing returns but that has been heading there years now

The Spain numbers for the week have just been released and yeah…

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023

Top Row, easily. Only other game that's a must play is Ghost 2, but I'm sacrificing it for Kratos.
I hate to put this energy but what are y'all's contingency plans if( it will not) this showcase also turned up like the last one??
Retiring from resetera? , retiring from gaming (lol)? , retiring to the Himalayas? or just go ehh it's gonna be okay?! I hope it's the last one 😅😅
Shrug my shoulders and look forward to Erdtree, SW Outlaws, AC Red, Silksong (IT'LL HAPPEN IN 2024) and who knows what else. The only exclusive I've played this year was Rebirth and even that wasn't a first party one. There are simply too many not just good, but great games to play right now to spend time thinking about the future.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Grabbing a back of potato chips and scrolling ERA all weekend for the giggles.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Won't matter to me. There's been plenty of good games released since the last showcase and there will be lots of more after the next one.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I think Sony is gonna have a weak 2nd half of the year. I hope they dont rush out Ghost of Tsushima 2 like idiots just so they can have a big fall 2024 game and give SP time to finish the game for a 2025 launch (if that's when GoT2 is supposed to come out).

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sony is gonna have a weak 2nd half of the year. I hope they dont rush out Ghost of Tsushima 2 like idiots just so they can have a big fall 2024 game and give SP time to finish the game for a 2025 launch (if that's when GoT2 is supposed to come out).
We already know for a fact that Ghost of Tsushima 2 will not be released this year.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sony is gonna have a weak 2nd half of the year. I hope they dont rush out Ghost of Tsushima 2
We already know there's no plans for major IP sequels between now and March 2025. Some would already consider that to be "weak". I don't think Concord, MediEvil 2, Gravity Rush 2 Remastered and a new Astro Bot would be a half bad H2 though.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

To be fair people said the same about 1st half 2024 and Helldivers overachieved.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
We already know there's no plans for major IP sequels between now and March 2025. Some would already consider that to be "weak". I don't think Concord, MediEvil 2, Gravity Rush 2 Remastered and a new Astro Bot would be a half bad H2 though.
To me, that'd be a pretty weak lineup. The only game I'd care about would be a new Astro Bot game.

Jul 2, 2021
To me, that'd be a pretty weak lineup. The only game I'd care about would be a new Astro Bot game.
It's hard to have a strong 1st half AND 2nd half. Sony didn't buy multiple publishers.
If the rumors are true Sony will have Concord, MediEvil 2, Gravity Rush 2 Remastered, Until Dawn Remake and a new Astro Bot in the 2nd half. That's pretty good for me.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
What makes the second half of the year look even worse is that we don't really know how good Concord will be.
But let's say that the game was released and, for the sake of argument, it got an average rating of 93 MC/OP and was a huge success similar to Helldivers 2, then everyone will probably change their minds about the year and when they remember it they will say "Hmm, it wasn't that bad" lol.
So let's wait until the end of the year and see what happens.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

Shrug, there's so much good stuff I haven't touched yet, I'll survive...but if there's no Astro I'll gonna have to flip some tables.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
sonyinteractive.com

Sony Interactive Celebrates Earth Day 2024

Ahead of Earth Day, held on April 22, we would like to share our annual progress in addressing Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)’s environmental impact. SIE remains committed to Sony Group’s Road to Zero plan, which sets targets across four key perspectives; climate change, conserving...

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
There is an absolutely 0% chance that Ghost of Tsushima 2 is this year. I'd personally even be very, very surprised if it's 2025.

Jul 2, 2021
sonyinteractive.com

Sony Interactive Celebrates Earth Day 2024

Ahead of Earth Day, held on April 22, we would like to share our annual progress in addressing Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)’s environmental impact. SIE remains committed to Sony Group’s Road to Zero plan, which sets targets across four key perspectives; climate change, conserving...
JdJhgE.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Dave the Diver is a quite fantastic game, I can see where the praise was coming from. It's hard to put it down.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
I have nothing against remasters but I hope they won't be taking too much time in the Showcase.
Same, I'm happy for remakes and remasters, but don't *count* them as "new" games. Unless it's somethin like Demon Souls(old game that can't be played on the current console) or RE4 and FF7(essentially plays like a brand new game).

Toiletduck

Dec 10, 2017
More games for PlayStation gamers, 30% cut in sales and micro transactions for Sony, probably now getting the full 30% from COD as well, more multiplayer games like Sea of Thieves and Grounded might even bring in a few PSPlus subscribers. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Exactly. Not an issue/concern whatsoever for Sony, in my opinion. Plus, Microsoft is now arguably the biggest publisher in the industry…It's not surprising, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.