• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwwBubbles

Oct 27, 2017
Cory's game is a lock i think but naughty dog is a little tricky. If we assume naughty dog's ip went full production last year and if it is internally slated for 1st half of 2026 i.e. before the showcase then a teaser makes sense this year.
I'll take whatever I can get.
I think we might just see Ghost 2 and none of Cory or Neil games.

They might want to spread out annoucements
That's fine honestly I just need something to look forward to.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
FF X-2 is currently on sale (Bunde with FF X)
Played X but never X-2 is it worth it?

I know it wont compare to the superior XII but I enjoyed X so if its similar to that I might grab it.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017

I know it wont compare to the superior XII but I enjoyed X so if its similar to that I might grab it.

It's worth it for the battle system alone. IMO it has one of the best job systems in the series. The combat is totally different to X. That said the story is a lot more goofy and campy but It's def worth playing

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
nzsdpPz.gif

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK

Always good to see a fellow XII enjoyer 😌

You should give X-2 a go, it's not the greatest but it's far from being in the trash pile, combat is good.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
XII is the best Final Fantasy to me. 😌 That game was such vibes back on the PS2, I was enthralled. I need to play my copy of the remaster, but I'm really not a fan of how they handled upscaling the textures - they look so weird.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Ok other people are putting a prank on me, or today is like contrary day or something.

FFX is a 10/10. An absolute masterpiece with a beautiful story around Yuna journey.
The best Turn Based Combat in any game.
No game even come close to it.
Their protagonist are iconic and well recognized.

FFXII is a game that just never ends.
It just keeps going. It never ends
No one knows who Vaan is, and Balthier and Fran are the only 2 good characters.

Now I need my coffee because is hard to read this OT hot takes withoit it

10bb19073eb08a0217a228c3fc908063.gif

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
man...

having a blast doing Greatsword Shoryukens in Dragons Dogma .
Jumping into Destiny for Dares and Vanguard shoot up everything.
Stomping around in my Mech with my buds in Helldivers 2
and when things get too sweating, popping on some Balatro.
and when i get bored of any one of those, i got FF7 Rebirth waiting for me...

Playstation Gaming is good to me right now...

im gonna sing the Cocomo song but im replacing all the destinations with Playstation games.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
It's worth it for the battle system alone. IMO it has one of the best job systems in the series. The combat is totally different to X. That said the story is a lot more goofy and campy but It's def worth playing

Always good to see a fellow XII enjoyer 😌

You should give X-2 a go, it's not the greatest but it's far from being in the trash pile, combat is good.

Thanks yeah I think i will grab it later this afternoon

Its ok to be wrong Angie 😁

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Ok other people are putting a prank on me, or today is like contrary day or something.

FFX is a 10/10. An absolute masterpiece with a beautiful story around Yuna journey.

tenor.gif

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

FFX is so goddamn good. My first PS2 game, bought it even before I had a PS2.

Now you make me wanna play FFX again. For the fifth time. 😩

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I have recently beaten Star Wars Jedi Survivor and Dead Space Remake of the 2023 catalog of releases. They were super great.
Now all what's left from 2023 to play are Armored Core 6 and BG3.

Ara63

Nov 21, 2023

100% agree on this. FFX is the standard I judge all other turn based systems by. Whenever I play a game like a Persona that just has a set 1-turn-per-round order that isn't affected by character speed or skill speed, I always think to myself "this is so much less interesting than FFX's system".

Heck, I'd say a good half of my enjoyment of Trails is due to its battle system basically just being "FFX's system, but with unit positioning".

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone taking into account that it's possible there will be no Showcase like 2 years ago?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

I think people are talking about FFX-2.
You know, this?

2977834-20170820155624_1.jpg

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I have yet to beat FFX and FFXII

I really enjoyed them both, but I enjoyed XII more. X had a really fun battle system, but I think I stopped playing because I got stuck fighting Seymour in some snow area, and just could not beat it for the life of me, and dropped it.

XII, I started on PS2, but then transitioned to PS3 since I have a BC PS3, but it died, got a replacement, that died, got a third, and then the disc drive broke, and each time I had to replace the PS3, I lost my saves and had to start from the beginning lol.

One day I swear I'll beat them both, but I have so many other games to play! Looking forward to revisiting them in the future, though. I'm mostly focused on newer games, but I do love me some classic JRPG goodness, and X and XII are up there from what I played of them in terms of quality in the genre.

Since I just recently beat Rebirth, I'm gonna take a break from Final Fantasy for a bit. I still need to play both DLCs for FFXVI. Not sure when I'll do that, though

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This time from official information from Cygames lol, Project Awakening is still in development.

image0.jpg

This is their H1 report released earlier today, Project Awakening is still there. Whats interesting is unlike previous reports theyve also added 2 unannounced third party IP console games, so it seems theyve greenlit new stuff after Relink was a success (they specifically call it a success too).

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This time from official information from Cygames lol, Project Awakening is still in development.

image0.jpg

This is their H1 report released earlier today, Project Awakening is still there. Whats interesting is unlike previous reports theyve also added 2 unannounced console games, so it seems theyve greenlit new stuff after Relink was a success (they specifically call it a success too).
You should tag salromano to reddem from the thread you made yesterday

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian
Dec 18, 2021

image0.jpg

This is their H1 report released earlier today, Project Awakening is still there. Whats interesting is unlike previous reports theyve also added 2 unannounced console games, so it seems theyve greenlit new stuff after Relink was a success (they specifically call it a success too).
It could be a translation error, because in the financial reports before the 2 games were titled as mobile games and not console. There is in fact even more errors in the slide, dunno what happened.

Nice tho that Relink was a success.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
New PS5 firmware is out now.
about 1.2GB

Version: 24.03-09.20.00
  • Game Help has been expanded by adding Community Game Help features.
    • In Game Help, you will see hints labeled Community Game Help in supported games, which indicates that the hint was generated from other players' gameplay videos.
    • You can participate in Community Game Help by allowing your gameplay video to be automatically captured and added to the feature upon review.
      To opt in, go to Settings > Captures & Broadcasts > Captures > Auto Captures > Community Game Help, and then select Participate. You can also opt out at any time.
  • In Remote Play, if the persistent message "Remote Play connected." is displayed during Remote Play, you can now hide this on your game screen. Go to Settings > System > Remote Play and turn on Hide Remote Play Connection Status.
  • We've improved system software performance and stability.
  • We've improved the messages and usability on some screens.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Does anyone think it's likely we'll get Bluepoints (hopefully atreus game) project this year? They've probably been working it since 2020 so that seems like a decent dev time.

And do you guys think we'll see another mainline GoW game this gen? Or is that reserved for PS6.

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017

I agree 1000%.

FFX had it all. Amazing story with a big secret reveal, lots of feelings involved with Yuna and Tidus, and the whole crew. They were all special. The music was divine. The game system was omg... Developing your character the way you wanted. Fair enough, they still had their own specialities but it was massive.

FFXII felt like FFXI is loved by so many, we cannot go wrong by going the MMOesque approach, disregarding how generic, how soul less the story is, the lack of charisma of the crew (bar the Han Solo and Rabbit girl) and forgettable music. It was such a letdown.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I've spent about 30 hours in a battle simulator at the start of the game while coding on the second monitor. I don't know what I'm doing or why I'm doing it, but it's been fun, so for that reason alone - yes, buy it.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Version: 24.03-09.20.00
  • Game Help has been expanded by adding Community Game Help features.
    • In Game Help, you will see hints labeled Community Game Help in supported games, which indicates that the hint was generated from other players' gameplay videos.
    • You can participate in Community Game Help by allowing your gameplay video to be automatically captured and added to the feature upon review.
      To opt in, go to Settings > Captures & Broadcasts > Captures > Auto Captures > Community Game Help, and then select Participate. You can also opt out at any time.

That's kinda neat.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Of all the weird internet meme of the week, this is the one I absolutely don't understand, at all.
I think something about opening the keyboard (on mobile obv) while looking at the tweet gooses the engagement of the post? Maybe I'm talking out of my ass? Either way, I hate this meme and would love for the next one to come along!

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Just had the thought that there should be more games inspired by and made in cooperation with metal bands.

For example, there should be a game in collab with Portugal's best band.

Moonspell, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.