• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2021
veryry.png

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation quietly having a really solid start to the year…

* The Last of Us Part II Remastered
* Helldivers II
* Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
* Rise of the Ronin
* Stellar Blade
* Pacific Drive
* Toss the slew of Xbox ports in here which are all pretty-great-to-great games

Not too shabby!

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
Some reviewers saying this reminds them of the PS2 action games of yore is pretty damn compelling but I don't want to put in 70 bucks for a game that probably shouldn't be played in a house with your parents in the same room lol.
My parents are at living room 90% of time and that's where my console is. Stellar Blade is also a pass from me haha

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Some reviewers saying this reminds them of the PS2 action games of yore is pretty damn compelling but I don't want to put in 70 bucks for a game that probably shouldn't be played in a house with your parents in the same room lol.

The beginning when she gets out of the pod is sure something, but there are a few good more casual costumes. Honestly, Bayonetta is much worse in this regard. I mean, at no point in the game I saw EVE moaning while getting stripped naked by the enemies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I would get it but stuff came up so got to wait for sale.
As for the parents aspect if they saw me play stuff like that they would laugh there ass off lol .

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking of picking Stellar blade up here. $70 but I might bite the bullet, in the mood for an action game right now. I know Rise of Ronin is out too and I still want to snag that as well.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Discussed on other thread, but man...

Imagine if Days Gone was so polished at launch... 🙄

Good luck for the new IP, Bend.

Hope it's not like Days Gone launch.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
My games for the week are maybe Another Crab's Treasure and definitely Sand Land.

Fallout 4 current-gen update is a nice bonus.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022

I played it on PS5 for an hour. idk it doesn't have the same hook that other PS exclusives have. They all have a similarity in that they start with a bang. Maybe it gets better and I should give it more time but the plethora of exclusives I still needed to play made me put it on hold

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
HD2, Rebirth, SB, Sea of Thieves and other MS games, all the indies. This first half of the year might be so far the best PS5 period.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Lies of P, Stellar Blade, Granblue Fantasy: Relink. Teams are stepping up.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I think the main issue with Days Gone was the fact it was a slow burner. That coupled with lower polish than usual gave a bad first impression of the game.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep , the first half of the year has been good .
It the second half that looking not as good.

I've been harping that for a while. Second half feels a lot quieter overall for the industry. It may have been a mixture of publishers thinking that GTA VI was coming out this year along with the Switch 2 delay, but this fall seems lighter than last year's.

Xbox has a ton of first party games coming out in the second half though.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Man the second half of the year has Stalker 2, Space Marine 2, ReFantazio, The Alters, Star Wars Outlaws... amazing for my tastes.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
HD2, Rebirth, SB, Sea of Thieves and other MS games, all the indies. This first half of the year might be so far the best PS5 period.

Infinite Wealth and Rebirth alone made this year incredible for me. Trying to get through NG+ in FFXVI to get to the DLC expansion but yeah, needless to say, this year has fully catered to my weeb needs.

You really name dropped all these games and left DD2 out?

af9f494b4b2b49aafa98e7ebdaa47ebc.gif

Darkest Dungeon 2 is only coming out in July on PS. Think you got your dates mixed up on that one

psyrus

Aug 10, 2023
On the bright side, thanks to FFVII Rebirth, Stellar Blade has no chance of being goty with those reviews.
I don't think anyone was expecting that, especially as it's their first ever console game. From the reviews though, they have a chance to pick up the soundtrack award, everyone seems to be praising the music.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I was led to believe that the original Bioshock would be scarier. Game must have been played by a bunch of cowards.

(This shit holds up though)

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Between Stellar Blade and Lies of P, it's clear to me that Korean devs are ridiculously talented. Sony is smart to get Shift Up as a second party. Need more games from Korea!

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
You missed MLB the show 24
Destiny 2 big expansion in June
Yes! Tossed em on there!

It's crazy, it's a slower year but there's still quality
Infinite Wealth and Rebirth alone made this year incredible for me. Trying to get through NG+ in FFXVI to get to the DLC expansion but yeah, needless to say, this year has fully catered to my weeb needs.
Do you have to get through NG+ to access the XVI DLC? Was thinking about picking up all the DLC once it's done coming out (I think now?) but I def have not done NG+

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I need to get Infinite Wealth but as I said before Gaiden + IW would be overkill so dunno what to do 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.