• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: If gamers spent half of the energy that was used on discussion forums the past 20 years arguing about this dumb hobby we love on something more productive, we probably would have a cure for cancer right now

Oct 27, 2017
Hot take: If gamers spent half of the energy that was used on discussion forums the past 20 years arguing about this dumb hobby we love on something more productive, we probably would have a cure for cancer right now

Lol, ain't that the truth! I would know about four programming languages fluently and could probably be on double my current salary if I'd put all of that time & effort into something that would help my career instead of videogame forums!

EDIT - also, I have about 20 people to reply to but I think I'll wait until we're on the next topic because I tend to take ages replying and if it gets cut off when this topic is locked I will loose the whole post!

Oct 26, 2017
Happy Stellar Blade day everyone!

View: https://twitter.com/StellarBlade/status/1783712924177190969
stearr.jpg

Damn Sony forcing 3rd Party devs to make gifs too.

They can't keep getting away with it!

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
who's making the new thread

Nobody. We're stuck here for all eternity. This showcaseless OT. This is where dreams die, where our ambitions fade and all hope gets lost.

Ah, OT40. Or some say Official Thread 40. Do you hear our prayers? No! We shall not abandon the dream! No one can catch us, no one can stop us now!

Awhoooooooooooooooo

Azn012

May 17, 2022
idk if its a hot take but sony doesnt need to buy more studios they need to do more partnerships like they did with shift up, koei tecmo and arrowhead.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
I feel like Totoki would love to greenlight an SIE Gacha.

Last edited:

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
If they can keep healthy relationship with them and provide same level of support/marketing, don't think they're in rush to buy them. Shift Up is too huge anyway I think.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

lol took me a bit

Damn.

No wonder the business people surrounding Shift Up CEO told him to not do Stellar Blade and focus on other types of projects with higher profitability instead.

The game they are hiring for now seems a ambitious gacha, it would be a shame if they stopped doing SP stuff after Stellar Blade though I guess it makes sense from a business perspective.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I got too many games in my backlog but really do want to catch up on some recent releases. How was Rise of the Ronin?

Ronin is very fun! It's a bit of a slow burn at first, and combat doesn't initially feel like there's a lot of meat on it, but it doesn't take too long for the game to open up and spread its wings, and then it gets its hooks into you.

I highly recommend it!

If you decide to play it, one bit of advice I'll give you is to not get too distracted by the side stuff until you reach Yokohama and complete the available Inventor quests there. After completing his quest line, you should have all the primary abilities you need to make exploration more fun. I won't list them here to avoid spoiling things, but, yeah, I think I sunk a good 15+ hours into the game before doing that, and after, I was like, "God dammit, I should have done this sooner, because now I can 100% clear all regions!" lol

I agree with you. It should be around the 85 mark imo.

Honestly just on gameplay loop alone it could be a GOTY contender.

Yeah, the gameplay loop is immensely satisfying and addicting, and it's one of the few games where I don't avoid random combat encounters I come across, because the combat is so fun. I think the atmosphere of the game is just fantastic, even if the world doesn't have a ton of interactivity (most open world games don't, to be honest).

I'm feeling similarly to Stellar Blade. It has great visuals, atmosphere, music, and satisfying and fun combat. It just sucks that it's undermined by the juvenile fan service titillation stuffed in there. The game is really good, and all the superfluous T&A isn't adding anything to it, but is definitely detracting from it.

I think Ronin is easily one of my favorite games of the year, and I've been playing some excellent games (Prince of Persia, FFVII: Rebirth, Persona 3 Reload, Stellar Blade, etc).

I'd put Dragon's Dogma 2 on the list maybe, but, honestly, I haven't thought about it much due to playing the games above and Ronin. I think I sunk about 40+ hours into DD2. It's just too much of a time sink, and not because of how packed with content it is, but mostly because just getting from point A to point B is a trek and a half, so I have to make sure when I play that I've carved out plenty of game time. I definitely like it a lot, but the games I mentioned above I've been having more moment to moment fun with.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So no leaks for the enxt PS+ games? i hate when the month ends like this way on a stupid cliffhanger so we have to wait another week to get the games instead of today.

PantsGuy82

Feb 16, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.