David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
PSN on PC is only worth it for cross save for me. Sony wouldn't even make money from it on PC, so it seems a bit pointless to just pump "MAU".
cross save, ps plus games, trophies, friend lists, chat, etc... there are many things sony has to do well if they want people to go and buy their games from their launcher (if they really do launch a launcher in the future)

Jul 2, 2021
Sony should release a statement stating that from now on any new PC game release will require a PSN account.

Just stick to your vision, Sony, but clearly communicate it and set expectations…and work on getting PSN in more countries.
Any new PC game release with a multiplayer mode.
Nah, they'll buckle eventually.

HD2 was their biggest PSN Trojan horse ever for getting PC users to create accounts and they backtracked immediately, lol
They backtracked because Arrowhead fucked up by making the PSN integration optional because the game had a ton of server issues at launch. Then making it mandatory again after 3 years was the big problem.
I'm confused on the Helldivers situation, didn't they already backtrack the PSN requirements? So why is it still delisted for all those countries?
They backtracked because people got mad about the fact that PSN integration was mandatory again after it was "optional" for 3 months. The game has still PSN integration (optional) but Sony still doesn't support a few countries. So it remains delisted for these countries.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
They backtracked because people got mad about the fact that PSN integration was mandatory again after it was "optional" for 3 months. The game has still PSN integration (optional) but Sony still doesn't support a few countries. So it remains delisted for these countries.
Yeah that's why I'm confused, since it's optional now surely it should be relisted everywhere right?

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what remaster/remake Bluepoint is working on. What would make sense for them. I feel like if a port of GoW HD collectionwould be easy money.

It's already been updated to remove Japan, I think they literally just copy pasted the HD2 list without noticing

Ah okay lol I would imagine it's a copypasta job. Glad it was updated at least would be incredible weird for GoT to be barred in Japan of all places

Jul 2, 2021
Yeah that's why I'm confused, since it's optional now surely it should be relisted everywhere right?
Depends. Let's wait and see a few days or weeks. Because maybe they want to make the message clear. "From now on all MP games have day 1 mandatory PSN integration. And the countries who aren't supported (PSN) can't buy the game atm."
Meanwhile for the customers who already bought the game it's optional.

wiIdcard

Oct 25, 2018
Sony still wants pc players to link psn accounts. They just covering their asses so they can't be sued. They will still try to "force" Helldivers PC players to create psn accounts by offering some bonuses and locking features behind it.

RezziHD_

Apr 28, 2022
Well, to rephrase a bit - they're working on multiple things actually. One of them at least is not Uncharted.
Thats... interesting. Gonna guess one is on the smaller scale and one of them is a remaster/remake which is fine of course. I know its not the most accurate measure and should always be taken with a grain of salt but looking at LinkedIn, they seemingly haven't grown much? It currently lists 75 employees.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Thats... interesting. Gonna guess one is on the smaller scale and one of them is a remaster/remake which is fine of course. I know its not the most accurate measure and should always be taken with a grain of salt but looking at LinkedIn, they seemingly haven't grown much? It currently lists 75 employees.
The other thing could just be a PC port for Demons Souls

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Depends. Let's wait and see a few days or weeks. Because maybe they want to make the message clear. "From now on all MP games have day 1 mandatory PSN integration. And the countries who aren't supported (PSN) can't buy the game atm."
Meanwhile for the customers who already bought the game it's optional.
You'd think they'd be working overtime to get this sorted, at the very least updating the ToS with some "legal jibberish" as a temp solution. Crazy they even tried to do this in the first place, finally a GaaS hit and they fumble already 🤦🏻‍♂️

HitcherFL

Nov 3, 2023
Pumping MAU is an easy way to show growth > Growth means happy shareholders.

I'm admittedly clueless about these things, but do they really need PSN accounts to count MAU? They surely get the data for how many unique Steam users play Heldivers 2,the player counts are even publicly available, and whether they use a free PSN account or not they are an active user in every meaningful way. It would be easy enough to count them in the financials with a simple asterisk and a footnote explaining the methodology.

I think the account linking was more to do with moderation and helping build a bit more of a Playstation ecosystem within the PC releases, especially with the new overlay coming with GoT.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
What, did you think Sony was shutting them down? Lol not in a million years*.

*Not before their Marvel license is up at least.
Well I mean even EA said the disney's licenses are too much for them and I read somewhere that they are making it even harder. If Sony wants to be stupid not even Marvel license could stop them tbh

i think it's a new mc
New God of War is Kratos and Atreus why would they do that? Multiple things could be a standalone game like lost legacy and another remake or supporting SSM for their next IP

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Bluepoint does say they working on more than 1 AAA game

2 Bluepoint+Games jobs in United States

Today's top 2 Bluepoint+Games jobs in United States. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. New Bluepoint+Games jobs added daily.

HzpUehb.png

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
If the showcase is in the next two weeks, it feels Sony has made a lot of efforts to contain possible leaks. Sure, there is still time but I feel like we won't get to know much which I like.

iirc most leaks for Sony showcases happen in the week of the showcase. So it's not telling much yet.

Though, I think not much leakd for last showcase either, but to be fair there wasn't much of a first party presence there.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Bluepoint does say they working on more than 1 AAA game

2 Bluepoint+Games jobs in United States

Today's top 2 Bluepoint+Games jobs in United States. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. New Bluepoint+Games jobs added daily.

HzpUehb.png
That might not mean simultaneously. I think Insomniac and Guerilla are the only PS studios who are managing multiple projects at once. Naughty Dog tried but we know what happened.

Ratadad

Nov 22, 2021
I'm a few months late to the party, but does anyone have much experience with the Pulse wireless earbuds? Reviews seem to range from middling to positive.

RezziHD_

Apr 28, 2022
do or die time for a remake? Welp, better hope whatever IP they are remaking is a 'good' one. If that's true that is.