SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
If we don't get PS+ Extra games announced on Wednesday, this could be because they will make the announcement during the showcase with a Day 1 release.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
eh, I don't expect good news tomorrow, hardware sales are slowing down and next FY seems weak for first party output.
Hardware forecast will be interesting, at the current price point I wouldn't expect more than 13-15m, if they expect more maybe a price cut is planned

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Let's see if they reached their 20 million units objective at least. I assume their forecast for next FY will be around 17-18 million units.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
With the Devation topic back on the front page again it just reminded me that we have (had?) an ERA member who worked at Devation games. (Forgot their ERA handle)
Hopefully they landed on their feet and found something else.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
If R&C will be shelved until 2030 I pray they get to work on a Future Collection for PS5 between then since they are all connected with Rift Apart. Don't need anything fancy. Just an up-rez and frame rate boost.

www.resetera.com

Scenario: If Ratchet & Clank Future Collection PS5 port for 2024 meant delaying Wolverine 6-8 months - would you want this?

Simple question. Rift Apart is a continuation of the story and the PS3 games feel like the forgotten ones especially when compared to the PS2 games. I think it'd be great to play these games natively on something that isn't PS3, especially since they plan on continuing this franchise. I'm not...

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Finally got my prizes delivered from winning those sweepstakes. Happy to finally have a portal!
6fjahuU.jpeg

65lL8jf.jpeg

Don't really need a second PS5 so I'll probably just sell this new one.

As an aside, does anyone know if the PS4 power cable is the same as the PS5 one? This came with a US plug so I'll need to sort a UK one out first 😅

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
My showcase prediction:

Guerilla Games: Horizon MP game
Sucker Punch: Ghost 2
Naughty Dog: NEW IP ANNOUNCED
Bluepoint: New game announcement
Haven: Fairdollargame gameplay
Firewalk: Concord gameplay
Media Molecule: New IP announcement
Bungie: Marathon gameplay

+ Some 3rd party exclusive announced.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Finally got my prizes delivered from winning those sweepstakes. Happy to finally have a portal!
6fjahuU.jpeg

65lL8jf.jpeg

Don't really need a second PS5 so I'll probably just sell this new one.

As an aside, does anyone know if the PS4 power cable is the same as the PS5 one? This came with a US plug so I'll need to sort a UK one out first 😅

Nice Congrats.
Waiting for a (good) sale before I maybe buy a Portal

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Out of left field prediction:

I REFUSE to believe that WB hasn't greenlit a AAA Batman action/adventure game since 2011 (presumably when 2015's Arkham Knight was greenlit following 2011 Arkham City). Batman will return at the Playstation Showcase.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

I REFUSE to believe that WB hasn't greenlit a AAA Batman action/adventure game since 2011 (presumably when 2015's Arkham Knight was greenlit following 2011 Arkham City). Batman will return at the Playstation Showcase.

Could be WB Montreal's next game. They've confirmed that they're working on a single player DC game. Traveller's Tales would be the only studio that could be working on it, but that would be a new LEGO Batman game, which probably isn't what you're hoping for.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at the February issue of Game Informer, and here are some third party games that they mentioned that we know nothing about

- Dragon Quest XII (Square)
- Black Panther (Cliffhanger Games)
- Iron Man (EA)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project 007 (IO Interactive)
- Silent Hill f (Konami)
- Splinter Cell Remake (UBI)
- TMNT: The Last Ronin (THQ)
- Bioshock (Take Two)
- Mafia 4 (Take Two)
- Tomb Raider (Embracer)
- Wonder Woman (WB)

Some of those could popup at the Showcase. Sony has a rather good relationship with most of those publishers, and we've seen a number of their games revealed at Showcase's and SoP's in the past.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I don't even know who could make it at this point. Frankly I'd much rather see a John Constantine game than another Batman game.

I'm gonna keep putting this energy into the universe until one of the gods listens to me. Give me a Constantine game, universe. Do it.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I don't even know who could make it at this point. Frankly I'd much rather see a John Constantine game than another Batman game.

I'm gonna keep putting this energy into the universe until one of the gods listens to me. Give me a Constantine game, universe. Do it.
What? You mean this wasn't good enough for you!?
Constantine_%28video_game%29.jpg

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019
PS5 Pro once reveals in the showcase Sony can use PS5 Pro graphics for all the gameplay trailers and show how RT are used extensively and beautifully.