• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I didn't know Borderlands VR got a PS Aim patch. Cool! Sad that Skyrym didn't get it, though

I got Firewall Zero Hour, how does it play without the Aim controller? My VR is connected to the PS4 but I dont really remember the last time I used it. Been too busy lately :/

I tried Firewall with the DS4 just to see what it was like and the difference between DS4 and Aim is night and day. I mean you can play with DS4 but once you play with Aim there is no going back. Borderlands is also great now with the Aim patch, played it alot when it came out, wasn't a fan of using the moves so pretty much used DS4 only to play it but always felt like it was missing something. Now Aim support is in Borderlands feels absolutely fantastic with it and have sunk way more hours into it.

Oct 2, 2018
played gun club VR. Its great but the aiming seems off. Anyway to calibrate it? So I can pull of headshot easily? I tried looking down the sights ala farpoint but it just aint accurate.

Its also really off putting that once you're in the game, you can't seem to access the height calibration again.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Astrobot, tried going back and replaying one of the boss levels to show my daughter but it won't let me... Even though there's a prompt to press X to select it.

What's the deal? Do I need to do something to be able?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Playing Astrobot, tried going back and replaying one of the boss levels to show my daughter but it won't let me... Even though there's a prompt to press X to select it.

What's the deal? Do I need to do something to be able?
I've never tried to replay them so I'm not sure if that's right. You can play boss fights as bonus levels (the ones unlocked by chameleons) after you beat them though.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Played a lot of Beat Saber and Knockout League this week along with doing some exercise routines with the wife. By Friday my arms were like jelly and I couldn't lift them above my head haha

Having an issue with Knockout League where my move tracking goes funny when I block. As soon as I raise my hands to my face, the two fists start drifting back and forth which means the block status flickers on and off. Assume it could be the headset lights messing with the move tracking. Anyone else have this issue and if so, how did you get around it? Means I can only dodge which is a great workout but it's making the game tough!

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Anytime the lights overlap on controls/headset it may cause the visuals to undulate. Sony likely have to revise the tracking tech to avoid that from happening on future devices.

Playing Both Beat Saber and Knockout League - you were just asking for noodle arms haha. Love both games.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I am a new owner.

Dirt Rally, GT Sport and Wipeout are gamechangers in VR. I can't go back to 2D racing games without wishing I was driving in VR.

I played all Friday and Saturday and woke up on Sunday morning with a massive headache, so I think I have to have a break for a couple of days. I think it's the tightness of the band, rather than motion sickness though.

I need more VR experiences in my life. I am a changed man.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am a new owner.

Dirt Rally, GT Sport and Wipeout are gamechangers in VR. I can't go back to 2D racing games without wishing I was driving in VR.

I played all Friday and Saturday and woke up on Sunday morning with a massive headache, so I think I have to have a break for a couple of days. I think it's the tightness of the band, rather than motion sickness though.

I need more VR experiences in my life. I am a changed man.
Welcome to the real world.

Dirt Rally VR with G29 ---> O.O

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Dirt Rally bundle is discounted to 7.99 on PSN but the VR dlc alone is still 12.99.

Can't buy the bundle as I already own the game. Really annoying. (EU psn)

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I got AstroBot on sale like 2 weeks ago and FINALLY got to play some of it yesterday. DANG! I thought I had grown out of platformers, but this game is something special. It's the first time in a long time where I've set the game down and can't wait to play it again and keep thinking about all the cool things I did. I played through the first 2 worlds and the one near the end of world 2 with the rails… that is some of the coolest gameplay I've had in a long time.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
I got AstroBot on sale like 2 weeks ago and FINALLY got to play some of it yesterday. DANG! I thought I had grown out of platformers, but this game is something special. It's the first time in a long time where I've set the game down and can't wait to play it again and keep thinking about all the cool things I did. I played through the first 2 worlds and the one near the end of world 2 with the rails… that is some of the coolest gameplay I've had in a long time.
It's such a great and wondrous game, I hope we get a sequel

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
A highlight of a couple of previously announced games.

PlayStation VR – The Next Wave of Games for Spring and Summer 2019

And as mentioned above Concrete Genie is getting some kind of VR mode. Here is the general story trailer.
Concrete Genie - Story Trailer

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This was a great direct for VR owners. But reading the State of Play thread I kind of wish VR-complaining was a banable offense like port begging.

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to No Man's Sky VR support!

Let's hope VR Mode is not severely limited like some other games 'modes' are.
Wouldn't be surprised to see it limited to single play though - and I'd be okay with that.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Full game is confirmed.

Pretty ridiculous coincidence that this thread was pinned for that announcement and the rest of the state of play stuff.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
That State of Play really showed that we VR owners have a couple of very interesting months ahead of us. Feels like Sony had been quiet about PSVR in particular for a while now so I feel the showing was a powerful statement about the commitment to the platform. Good times ahead.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Blood and Truth looks like everything I want from a VR game, really cool to see that it's releasing so soon.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
That State of Play really showed that we VR owners have a couple of very interesting months ahead of us. Feels like Sony had been quiet about PSVR in particular for a while now so I feel the showing was a powerful statement about the commitment to the platform. Good times ahead.
With the new game and release window announcements today, plus Dreams PS VR support presumably mid 2019, it is another good year.

I hope that with the 4.2M units sold announcement and high attach rate we see more devs take interest.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Wow No Mans Sky in VR is going to be something special. Haven't played it since launch so looking forward to jumping back in with all the new updates. FNAF is going to get some great jump scares. Iron Man could be awesome have to wait and see how that turns out. Blood and Truth looks great, can't wait to jump into that.

Oct 27, 2017
How do you fix it when you start a VR game but the VR world follows your head everytime you turn it so you can't actually focus on anything?

Also, I tried that Utada Hikaru concert in VR and how the fuuuuuck is anyone so beautiful?! That shit stirred my soul lol

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The VR community (PC and console VR) reminds me of this for some reason:

b7bb5c04830150e7ccbf850fc04bb3af.jpg

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
If No Man's Sky looks as good in VR as Wipeout does, I might cry.
That's pretty much impossible. Even on a base PS4, through very thorough optimization, the resolution is very high (1512p).

NMS will have to sacrifice to hit performance goals, be happy when it still looks good. I figure draw distance will suffer noticably.