Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing, just my gut feeling that Sony has enough for PS5 to succeed

OK. I think you have look to further than PS5 when talking about long term investments. There is possibility there may not be any quality independent studios left by the time the next generation ends or more importantly the ones they would be interested may no longer be available. Identifying and securing those should be priority. It would be great if you could work with studios on partnerships long term, but that is going to become a risky decision going forward. At a minimum I think they should want to get into a position for quasi right of first refusal, but they could be overly costly getting into a bidding war later instead of being proactive about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Both next gen consoles are apparently over 10TF, so I don't really care which one has the edge there. For PS5, I just want to know more details about the other stuff like RAM, SSD, OS, and software optimizations.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Oh come on, we have been over this. We pretty much know that both consoles will be stupidly powerful, to a degree where which box is slightly more beastly, is a non issue.

Did people in that thread really freak the f out over their favorite multibillion dollar media giant not being able to tout power advantage?

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Next-gen thread is on temporary lockdown. Some people really cannot handle the idea of PS5 being the most powerful console.
what happened? I only know that PS5 is rumored to be a little bit stronger for awhile, but then Series X reveal seem to show that Xbox got the upper hand with new revolutionary gpu for console. is there new rumor again saying ps5 is even more powerful than that?

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
what happened? I only know that PS5 is rumored to be a little bit stronger for awhile, but then Series X reveal seem to show that Xbox got the upper hand with new revolutionary gpu for console. is there new rumor again saying ps5 is even more powerful than that?
Well klee said nothing has changed with that x reveal and that he has both specs, and people have been attacking him a lot as a result

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah at this point, the hardware speculation threads should just be separate. New console launches are when people stop pretending to be impartial and let their freak flags fly. All the warnings in the world aren't going to save that thread.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I think what the first guy question was...

Would be another 'loading screen' with spores like Part I when you first boot up the game/load save data?

If Part II have it that is...

I'm playing through Remastered again and I was actually surprised that it basically has no loading time once you start playing. You die and restart and you're instantly back in, you skip a cutscene and you're instantly playing again. Aside from that initial startup it's pretty load-free.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone from SIE, that the thread would like to see be chosen for the new "Strategist" role at SIE?

Or should new blood be brought in for such a, possibly, critical role?

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through Remastered again and I was actually surprised that it basically has no loading time once you start playing. You die and restart and you're instantly back in, you skip a cutscene and you're instantly playing again. Aside from that initial startup it's pretty load-free.
I think it has the type of disguised loading we've become accustomed to such as forced walking or Joel having to stop while Ellie goes to open a door.

Playing games that aren't designed around hiding their loading times will be among the big changes for next gen.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So when is the next official sony conference or state of play, to get news about PS5 ?

Yeah, February should be the PlayStation Meeting for the PS5. There is CES in early January where Sony will show off a buttload of electronics and AMD should show off some of their new upcoming tech, but we can't be certain how much of it should be related to the PS5. I'm personally expecting some info on AMD's RDNA2 architecture from their event.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, which makes why people are deciding to act wild all of a sudden, all the more peculiar.
This forum has a long history of running off posters who actually know what they're talking about. We had an actual person from NPD participating in sales discussion but people gave him shit because his factual information wasn't always what people wanted to hear. Such a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.