• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
Add Sucker Punch who is gonna release a new IP this year. Basically every single Sony owned studio released a new IP this generation outside of Naughty Dog. But yes Sony is only gonna release sequels next Gen. People sometimes like to say something just so they can hear themselves talk. Of the Big 3 Sony is the only one that routinely every Gen has released new IP to the point that we have people continuously begging for old IPs to come back.
You're absolutely right, and even though Naughty Dog didn't technically release a new IP this gen, The Last of Us came out 5 months before this gen started. If I'm not mistaken, I believe The Last of Us sold more on PS4 than PS3, for many people it's associated more with this gen.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
We are one studio, that has two locations.

As I've noted before, we don't have solid "teams" per se, people move between projects as required by whatever it is that we're working on.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Quote from jstevenson when he was asked what team was working on Spider-Man:

Sounds like Insomniac just moves people to where they are needed at the time instead of having distinct, separate teams.

As I've noted before, we don't have solid "teams" per se, people move between projects as required by whatever it is that we're working on.
That settles that then. Thanks for sharing!

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
PS Spain hinting that N. Sane Trilogy (or maybe just one of the games) will be one of the February PS+ games.

Tomorrow at 17:30 we'll announce the PS Plus games for February. Can you guess which games? Hint: One of them is a very well-known saga.

SXdNIxZ.jpg

From Reddit

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Do y'all think we'll ever get another "phenomenon" game like Rocket League launching on PS+ again? Maybe for PS5? RL showed early signs before its full release that it was going to be big.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Got to try PSVR for the first time when I visited the Experience PlayStation event at Sony Square, NYC. Astrobot was amazing, can truly see why so many people love it even though I only got to try the first stage as I was on a lunch breach. Also got to try Firewall, but I sucked at that😃.

If you are in NYC, it is well worth a visit. The staff were super friendly as well.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019

Just keep making awesome games like you do and that's all that matters!

It's funny, me and my friends were talking about our favourite spiderman movie, and my response was "my favourite spiderman really is the PS4 spiderman. Best adaptation for the character ever"

Cant wait to see what you guys are cooking next

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
One day, brother and sisters. You'll wake up, open resetera and there it'll be: "PlayStation Meeting Announced"
One day

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
At least some good news to me, TLOU2 pre-orders started today here in Brazil and Sony BR surprisingly will sell the Special Edition with the SteelBook and the mini-art book. (I think it's the second 1st Party game ever from them to have a special edition/steelbook over here).

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
You know, while I'm not the first person to have thought of this, why are we assuming everything will be done the same way as 2013? What if there will never be invitations because there is nothing (and nowhere) to be invited to? What if it is a massive State of Play video? They could theoretically give just days notice. Perhaps interviews could still happen, but not at a central location. For us, there wouldn't be much of a difference. I'm bet some journalists would prefer not having to travel.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Man he just seems so bitter right guys?
From what I've seen, Shawn just do mass likes to replies to him on occasion. Most of them are just wishing him well but few starts with wishing him and then have a dig or something, I really think he doesn't read the entire tweets lol.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
You know, while I'm not the first person to have thought of this, why are we assuming everything will be done the same way as 2013? What if there will never be invitations because there is nothing (and nowhere) to be invited to? What if it is a massive State of Play video? They could theoretically give just days notice. Perhaps interviews could still happen, but not at a central location. For us, there wouldn't be much of a difference. I'm bet some journalists would prefer not having to travel.
Lots of people assume this is possible, ive seen lots suggest its whats happening but i think it will still be a ps meeting, its not like they just started those with ps4

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017

Announcement video seems to have worked just fine for the Switch. They need to have something in person between now and launch but that doesn't necessarily need to be the initial announcement. Could happen in the summer.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least some good news to me, TLOU2 pre-orders started today here in Brazil and Sony BR surprisingly will sell the Special Edition with the SteelBook and the mini-art book. (I think it's the second 1st Party game ever from them to have a special edition/steelbook over here).

And 20% cheaper than buying on PSN for both editions.

It's the third Sony published game that they offer 20% off on physical, after Death Stranding and Nioh 2.

I'm starting to regret buying digital...

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019

I'm sure you get told this plenty enough... but thanks for being a part of the team that helped me fall in love with gaming, all the way back to my childhood (with Spyro), and has been a factor to keeping me interested, all the way to my adulthood (with gems like Spiderman and Sunset Overdrive).

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
PS Spain hinting that N. Sane Trilogy (or maybe just one of the games) will be one of the February PS+ games.

Tomorrow at 17:30 we'll announce the PS Plus games for February. Can you guess which games? Hint: One of them is a very well-known saga.

From Reddit
It seems too obvious, why would PS Spain spoil the reveal of one game like that ?

If it's really N'Sane Trilogy, it would be cool
And I hope the other game will be a good one, unlike GOAT Simulator...

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ugh.
It's one of those "leaks". It might happen or it might not happen. And since they didn't even said the name of the game they can claim it can be any game.
Yeah, one of those.. ie. say something and then claim something totally different when it doesn't happen. Remember the jRPG AAA from Studio Japan that was hinted like 7 fucking years ago by that Sony insider on gaf?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
That makes ot more credible.
But did anyone ever said what game it is?
Nope

His quote in Jan 2019
Sony also has a couple of unannounced games (already existing IP) with PS4 in mind but I'm conscious that there have been discussions around making them cross gen/next gen titles. In general, most of the focus for Sony 1P is on PS5 right now.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Nope

His quote in Jan 2019
That is not the quote I remenber. The "leak" that I remenber was form someone that can't be named here that said Sony was announcing a big AAA game for the PS4. And a few Twitter insider backed it up.
I don't remenber they saying was ever something considered to be cross gen. So it might be differnt game they are refering.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
That is not the quote I remenber. The "leak" that I remenber was form someone that can't be named here that said Sony was announcing a big AAA game for the PS4. And a few Twitter insider backed it up.
I don't remenber they saying was ever something considered to be cross gen. So it might be differnt game they are refering.
Yeah I remember, I thought it was Ratchet and that's why many think Ratchet would be in the PS5 line-up, because the game has been moved to be next gen (or maybe cross gen)

But maybe it's a different game like you said
His full post if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.