• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Let's GO!

• Pikachu

Votes: 542 27.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 920 46.3%
  • Home

Votes: 527 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you think we're only getting remakes on the Switch? Or only a Kanto remake?
I think after this, they'll move onto Gen 8 proper. DP remake might have to wait until beyond 2020

Once they have the first game out the majority of the hard work is done from a HD development side.

Developing new regions and pokemon does not take much more time in HD than in normal, especially since they apparently already did HD work before.

Once they have the first game out, they can just reuse most of the assets for the Remake and the other game.
Regions dont have the same architecture so while they will be able to reuse a lot of stuff, there will be a lot of new assets. Especially if they try to fit Sinnoh in this generation

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can you link to the leak that mentions its a sequel? I might have missed that and it makes me less mad
In the OP.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-15_at_8.51.01_AM.png

Sounds like a sequel to me.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Im interested in the concept but I hope there are enough things to satisfy all fans. Things such as:

- pseudo sequel to S/M with characters from there such as Lillie and Gladion appearing.
- Gens 2-7 pokemon being mixed in and not locked behind post-game.
- new regional forms, new cross gen evolutions and new mega evolutions
- Totem Pokemon would work pretty well. For example, Viridian Forest could have a totem Beedril/Butterfree. Mt. Moon could have a Totem Clefable/Wigglytuff, Lavender Tower could have Alolan Marowak, etc.
- Sevii Islands and/or Johto

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
My only hope is that after going full Gen 1 pandering on this game (y'know, besides XY and SuMo being stuffed to the gills with it too) that maybe the next gen will finally be a real, full one, with 100+ new Pokemon.
I hope so, maybe we get back to a gen 4 or gen 5 lvl of not pandering. Or at least distributing part of the love! (cue all kanto lines getting a mega / regional form in the next generation)

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So this screenshot here is absolutely fake, the grounds in the background are completely flat on the grass platform which is something that wouldn't be done. The graphics in general look like they are taking the 3DS graphics and just rendering at a higher resolution in a different game engine which people do often (look at the Sunshine Odyssey leak as an example). BUT

MOST IMPORTANTLY

You do not fucking ride Lapras like this in Sun and Moon, you wear safety gear and have a chair.

wN9yeUQl.jpg

This motherfucker is just hopping on it like he's on some stupid shit.

MJoW2NB.png

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, when you face Red in Silver/Gold, he uses Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard and Venasaur which I think implies Yellow is the "true" Gen1 game.
Thanks to regular series version differences, I think the "canon" of the games always has a bit of wiggle room where you're just supposed to reasonably assume that some sort of mix of possible events from all versions happened, and that there is no single right answer.

Like, maybe Red started with Pikachu. Or maybe he started with Charmander, and caught Pikachu in the forest. Maybe he picked up all three starters along the way, or maybe he already had one and traded for the other two. Either way, all versions of events could possibly lead to the same result. Wiggle room.

But I definitely agree, if we were to pick one gen1 version as the most canonically aligned version, that appears to be Yellow. And I like that.
I sort of like the idea of Red facing off against game versions of Jesse&James a couple times, and picking up all three starters as he went along, and having a badass pikachu buddy. It's like the Ash we always wanted but never got because he's a fucking loser. Red is the real deal.
But just because Yellow incorporated some features from the anime does not mean they are connected. Some people assume Yellow is somehow connected to anime continuity, and it isn't. It just took some ideas from it. Red isn't Ash.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think after this, they'll move onto Gen 8 proper. DP remake might have to wait until beyond 2020

Regions dont have the same architecture so while they will be able to reuse a lot of stuff, there will be a lot of new assets. Especially if they try to fit Sinnoh in this generation

I think they'll do Gen 8 in 2019, Gen 8-2 in 2020 and DP Remakes in 2021. Or DP in 2020 and Gen 8-2 in 2021.

Deleted member 8112

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So this screenshot here is absolutely fake, the grounds in the background are completely flat on the grass platform which is something that wouldn't be done. The graphics in general look like they are taking the 3DS graphics and just rendering at a higher resolution in a different game engine which people do often (look at the Sunshine Odyssey leak as an example). BUT

MOST IMPORTANTLY

You do not fucking ride Lapras like this in Sun and Moon, you wear safety gear and have a chair.

wN9yeUQl.jpg

MJoW2NB.png
Could very well be an extremely early screenshot.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
So this screenshot here is absolutely fake, the grounds in the background are completely flat on the grass platform which is something that wouldn't be done. The graphics in general look like they are taking the 3DS graphics and just rendering at a higher resolution in a different game engine which people do often (look at the Sunshine Odyssey leak as an example). BUTit.

MJoW2NB.png

Do you not see the Eevee on his head?

Are you telling me it's entirely a coincidence that the leaked screenshot happens to feature an Eevee, which always follows you, long prior to us knowing the games will be Yellow remakes/sequels and feature Eevee?

The leaked screenshot is 100% real. I will bet my avatar for 1 year on it.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MOST IMPORTANTLY

wN9yeUQl.jpg

MJoW2NB.png

In development screenshot. Placeholder stuff.

Mar 23, 2018

MOST IMPORTANTLY

wN9yeUQl.jpg

MJoW2NB.png

SAFETY FIRST, PEOPLE!!!!!

Smh
, these leakers missing the basics of Pokériding and putting people in danger.

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to stay caught up, posting this on new page for newcomers to get up to speed as well. In chronological order:

-On Pokemon Day in late February, Masuda posed with dolls of Pikachu and Eevee.
-Pixelpar's tweets have been hinting at a yellow remake since mid-March, featuring Pikachu and Eevee.
-At the end of March, a screenshot was posted (somewhere?) that was claimed to be from Pokemon Switch featuring a riding Lapras and a following Eevee (on head)
-On April Fool's day somebody posted a list of "leaks" on 4chan saying Let's Go, indicating some sort of loose remake or sequel to Yellow. Got ignored because of the date.
-Last week, staff on ResetEra started dropping hints that something was happening soon.
-May 10th Masuda posted an image on twitter of Eevee and Pikachu wearing an L Luigi hat (reference to Let's Go?)
-Yesterday someone on 4chan leaked a logoand proper 2 version titles for Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee.
-Today, Emily (an admin here) posted a Q&A that hinted at or listed things appearing in the prior 4chan leak.
-Then today a bunch of other folk considered in-the-know indicated belief that these are real, including some staff here and Pixelpar, who published a reveal video with an upload date from 3 weeks ago.
-New Movie21 promotional art has begun heavily featuring Pikachu & Eevee.
-Domains for these titles have now been registered by the same company Nintendo has used in the past

Looks like the Yellow requel is on, dudes.
b8gg8ot.gif

In the year of Yellow's 20th anniversary.

Last edited:

Byakura

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just caught up with all this and some of it sounds pretty wild, so I'll probably reserve judgement till we see it (assuming it's real). In terms of that screen shot tho (again assuming that's real) I see some complaints but tbh I never expected the first Switch pokémon game to really look all that different from the 3DS ones, aside from a resolution bump. I expect whenever Gen 8 happens, probably in a couples years, will be when you start to see some big differences.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could very well be an extremely early screenshot.
Tell me this then, if it's an early shot why is Lapras not cel-shaded when that would be a basic thing? The human character isn't cel-shaded either.

Now let me tell you why that is the case because the person who obviously faked this doesn't have the proper shaders to emulate the look so it's literally them taking the model and throwing it into their game maker whatever and this is how the model looks without the shader.

Deleted member 8112

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been trying to stay caught up, posting this on new page for newcomers to get up to speed as well:

-Pixelpar's tweets have been hinting at a yellow remake for a couple months now, featuring Pikachu and Eevee.
-In late March, a screenshot was posted that was claimed to be from Pokemon Switch featuring a riding Lapras and a following Eevee (on head)
-On April Fool's day somebody posted a list of "leaks" on 4chan about Pokemon Let's Go, got ignored because of the day.
-May 10th Masuda posted an image on twitter of Eevee and Pikachu wearing an L Luigi hat (reference to Let's Go?)
-Yesterday Emily, an admin here, posted a Q&A that hinted at or listed things appearing in the prior 4chan leak.
-Also yesterday someone on 4chan leaked a logoand proper 2 version titles for Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee.
-Today a bunch of folk in the know indicated that it is real, including staff here and Pixelpar who published a reveal video with an upload date from 3 weeks ago.

Please do correct me if I got details wrong. I woke up seemingly 10 hours after this really hit the fan so I've just been trying to work backward.
You know what seems odd? Pixelpar's video only had the Japanese logo for the Pikachu version, I wonder if he purposely uploaded that on 4chan himself.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Man what if not 100 years passed but still a lot has, and Blue/Gary is the new Prof. Oak? And at some point he asks you to look for an old friend of his?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
yeah i saw this before it was even mentioned in this thread and it just clearly says remakes as the first bullet there, which is why i'm confused

They could give redesigns and new names to the trainer and rival from Yellow to make them different from Red and Blue, while also adding Red and Blue to the game as separate npcs, but you still get the general journey and events from Yellow like getting the three original starters from npcs and Jessie & James popping up a few times.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Man what if not 100 years passed but still a lot has, and Blue/Gary is the new Prof. Oak? And at some point he asks you to look for an old friend of his?
SM is easily 14-15 years after Gen 1, if they make it a couple of years after that, 17 or 18 years after Gen 1 is still a FUCKTON of years for Pokemon. Going back to an old region with that big a timespan is a momentous occassion, people shouldn't be taking this as lightly as they are.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They could give redesigns and new names to the trainer and rival from Yellow to make them different from Red and Blue, while also adding Red and Blue to the game as separate npcs, but you still get the general journey and events from Yellow like getting the three original starters from npcs and Jessie & James popping up a few times.

Yeah thats where my head is at currently, so it wouldnt be a sequel, a sequel to yellow would probably quell a lot of concern which is still here so at least im not insane

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing Yellow and Ultra Moon recently, vastly preferring Yellow, so this is kind of hype.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The reveal for this game needs to be on point.

They need to be very careful with the messaging so there's not a negative reaction to Pokémon GO features.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

MOST IMPORTANTLY

wN9yeUQl.jpg

MJoW2NB.png
That's what Surf looked like on a Lapras on XY.

erJkk3q.jpg

Overworld differences in proportion aside, it's the same.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Been trying to stay caught up, posting this on new page for newcomers to get up to speed as well:

-Pixelpar's tweets have been hinting at a yellow remake for a couple months now, featuring Pikachu and Eevee.
-In late March, a screenshot was posted that was claimed to be from Pokemon Switch featuring a riding Lapras and a following Eevee (on head)
-On April Fool's day somebody posted a list of "leaks" on 4chan about Pokemon Let's Go, indicating some sort of loose remake or sequel to Yellow. Got ignored because of April Fools.
-Yesterday Emily, an admin here, posted a Q&A that hinted at or listed things appearing in the prior 4chan leak.
-Also yesterday someone on 4chan leaked a logoand proper 2 version titles for Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu & Eevee.
-Today a bunch of folk considered in-the-know indicated that it is real, including staff here and Pixelpar who published a reveal video with an upload date from 3 weeks ago.

Please do correct me if I got details wrong. I woke up seemingly 10 hours after this really hit the fan so I've just been trying to work backward.

That Masuda image... says...alot.

But dang. That screenshot is not promising. Lol I was hoping for a better artstyle than the 3DS gamea at least.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Gimme some Kanto regional variants of newer Pokemon. That'd be pretty cool, and make up for the fact that they only did Alola variants for Gen 1 Pokemon.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I skipped playing Yellow when it was released on 3DS. It's been years since I played Red and FireRed, so new Kanto should feel pretty fresh for me.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The reveal for this game needs to be on point.

They need to be very careful with the messaging so there's not a negative reaction to Pokémon GO features.
They have to be on point with everything. If its a remake or sequel, how much Pokemon Go has been intergrated, all that jazz. I seriously hope they don't go hey welcome back to Kanto, and decide to drop the Region Map a month later. I am going to die of anxiety if I have to wait a month for a region map.

Status
Not open for further replies.