• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
Getting tired wasting Charge Tms on the same Blissey trying to get Dazzling Gleam only to have it cycle between Hyper Beam and Psychic. Wasted 12 of them already.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, congrats man! That takes some dedication. You must have a fantastic community there.

I'm 3mil into lvl. 40 but it's freezing outside haha. I'll just take it easy and hope gen 3 will get me the last 2mil by the end of the year.
Yeah the community here is insane. I love playing with these folks. Someone else is going to pop today, too.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Bit the bullet and powered up my best Ho-Oh. I know he's not very useful at all but I had the candy and had the stardust. Seeing a Pokemon with 3700 CP just looks cool. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll eventually add some better moves in the future.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Just had a problem with a Premium Pass, we finished the raid but the app kept loading in the battle screen for some of us, it wouldn't go away so we restarted the app, but we couldn't battle Ho-Oh again nor would it take us to the capture screen. I reported it to Niantic so I hope I get my pass back at least.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Just had a problem with a Premium Pass, we finished the raid but the app kept loading in the battle screen for some of us, it wouldn't go away so we restarted the app, but we couldn't battle Ho-Oh again nor would it take us to the capture screen. I reported it to Niantic so I hope I get my pass back at least.
This is a known big since the new update. If you're still there close the app and wait 10 (only if the timer won't expire). This is just what I read on reddit.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This is a known big since the new update. If you're still there close the app and wait 10 (only if the timer won't expire). This is just what I read on reddit.
It had already expired by the time I posted :P But I hope Niantic comes through, they did return a pass to me when I had a similar problem before.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting tired wasting Charge Tms on the same Blissey trying to get Dazzling Gleam only to have it cycle between Hyper Beam and Psychic. Wasted 12 of them already.

God damn, I lose my nerve after 4 charge TMs. Out of 5 Ho-oh and 5 soloed tier 3's I haven't gotten a single charge TM, so I don't have that problem right now.

Magik

Oct 25, 2017

That is correct. I had that issue today and stuck it out with a few others that were there and after 10 mins the game let me rebattle Ho-oH. Thankfully its fixed. Funny enough, it was all due to one person leaving the raid as it was occuring.

Oct 25, 2017
Found a second group to raid with in my town, bunch of college kids that apparently want nothing to do with the other group. Talked to them about what happened, they got me into their discord and we went around smashing raids this morning. Got three Ho Ohs in the process, and met some new friends. Today was a good day.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
why? i don't think it's worth blowing tm's on blissey since it's all about defence with her. her base attack is 129: same as horsea, lower than oddish, geodude, and natu!
hyper beam gets stab, and while dazzgleam is a counter against fighting types, psychic is as well

edit: just occurred to me that dazzgleam is also for dnites n' ttars... still i stand by my pointlessness conclusion
but if you have 12 to burn, why not

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Blissey gets easier time outs with Zenn Headbutt/Dazzling Gleam, since it does more damage over time than either Hyper Beam and Psychic and fainting costs attackers time.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't work for me anymore. The screen goes dark every 5 minutes or so and it will no longer count steps. This is without power saver modes and with the phone connected to a usb charger.

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
why? i don't think it's worth blowing tm's on blissey since it's all about defence with her. her base attack is 129: same as horsea, lower than oddish, geodude, and natu!
hyper beam gets stab, and while dazzgleam is a counter against fighting types, psychic is as well

edit: just occurred to me that dazzgleam is also for dnites n' ttars... still i stand by my pointlessness conclusion
but if you have 12 to burn, why not
For defending gyms, Gleam is the charge move to have, harder to dodge and can hit twice a round. HB and Psychic are just too easy to dodge. And they are all 3100+ CP here as well, only the highest level of players can kill these fast enough, and not many around here in my town.

And I did not have 12 to burn, this is over the course of a month, where I got a Charge TM once in a while.
I just kept trying and trying till the point I spent 12 on trying to get it to gleam.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Think I'm done with Ho-Oh. Went 5/7 so I'm plenty content with that considering he's pretty useless compared to others. A little disappointed I didn't even get a chance to catch 1 over 90%. Although I did get 2 89%s

Edit: come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had a chance at catching a 90+% legendary.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I want to get one Ho-Oh, that's all. But I fear that people already lost interest in playing because Ho-Oh sucks anyways, the event is over and it's suddenly winter :D

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently per emails people are getting from Niantic support, a Ho-Oh extension is going to accompany the raid glitch fix.

Just borrowed a friend's Go Plus. Can this do its thing with my phone locked, or do I have to keep the game display on?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
36/66 on ho oh though I haven't been trying too hard to catch the bad ones, which is all of them I've seen since like #20 lol

I think I'm done with this chicken.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't work for me anymore. The screen goes dark every 5 minutes or so and it will no longer count steps. This is without power saver modes and with the phone connected to a usb charger.

Same here for me and my girlfriend. We live in a fairly pedestrian-unfriendly city and I'd keep the app running while charging while I drove around, which would pick up some steps here and there if traffic was a bit slower or had multiple stops. Now, the app shuts off within 30 seconds unless you're interacting with the screen, which we clearly aren't going to do driving.

It's infuriating, and I basically am down to just going somewhere to get a daily stop and catch. Nothing more.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently per emails people are getting from Niantic support, a Ho-Oh extension is going to accompany the raid glitch fix.

Just borrowed a friend's Go Plus. Can this do its thing with my phone locked, or do I have to keep the game display on?

The Go plus works with the phone locked, you have to reconnect every hour though.

Before the latest update on iPhone it was spotty at keeping the game running in the background but it's pretty good now.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apple Watch App Store leak! Incoming soon???!

DQUOiYYWAAERrKH.jpg

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they get released on the 15th, considering Ho-oh disappears the 14th. I'm free from work starting the 16th so it would be perfect.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/6/16734640/pokemon-go-weather-update-hoenn-region-generation-3

Today, developer Niantic revealed a series of updates that will not only introduce more creatures to collect, but also add a new dynamic weather system. The addition of real-time weather will change the way the augmented reality of the game looks, adding rain or snow when appropriate, as well as alter the gameplay by strengthening certain pokémon based on the real-world weather conditions.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
That's cool in theory but I really don't want to venture out in a snowstorm for a stronger Lapras.

That's a lie. I'll do it.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
As in, based on your local weather? I live in Phoenix, lol. I get like 5-10 days of rain and then like 355+ "Sunny Day" days. Ah well, still cool though.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently not only do certain pokemon appear more often, but those type of pokemon give you bonus stardust!!

Edit: Ok, it's just 25 extra, but still, that will eventually add up. Even better during 2x stardust events.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The bonus is 25%, so it stacks, a 300 stardust Rhydon gives you +75. That means during a 2x event, a 2nd evolve will give you 1,250 total on their day/etc. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.