• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Got back into Go the last few weeks after being out since like '17 because of that Sw/Sh hype. Game is still fun as hell and there's loads more stops around where I live now. Currently stuck at needing a Ditto for two research tasks and I can't really take on many raids with only me and my gf, but it's got us out doing walks and shit while we're hatching eggs.

Hope I get an Ho oh this week before the breakthrough roster change.
I'm expecting another Ditto requirement to get added to the Jirachi quest line when it gets released so there will probably be a quest to get that one over with quickly then.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Dang im sad to see double candy go. I'm working on Celebi quest now and i need one more Pokemon to evolve with an item. Besides the Sinnoh Stone evos, what else is relatively easy to evolve? I was thinking of grinding Sunkerns out but now they just all suddenly disappeared.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Got another 2 shiny Kyogre on my baby account during raid hour.

My baby account now has 5 shiny Kyogre. And a shiny Eevee just before raid hour started, which is funny because my main has been trying to get one of those for months. This is so silly lol.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The good news of today: I found a shiny Pidgey

The bad news: no purple whale yet again over 9 raids. I'm at 0/43. Maybe I can do one more with my free pass tomorrow, but other than that I give up. I'll take it through a lucky friendship trade.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Mudkip community day has been announced. It's at 4-7PM local time. I for one am looking forward to spending most of the community day in a car driving from spawn point to spawn point because two hours of it will be in the dark in the middle of winter. Thanks Niantic!

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Mudkip community day has been announced. It's at 4-7PM local time. I for one am looking forward to spending most of the community day in a car driving from spawn point to spawn point because two hours of it will be in the dark in the middle of winter. Thanks Niantic!
I have a hard time believing 4-7 is a particularly good time for anyone.

They need to just make it a full day/weekend.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, more "finally" in sense been trying for 7+ months, whenever it was released. :P

I'd have done more of them in less time if they spawned more often.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I mean you can't put an objective number on time since release. Like if I raided Raichu one time at release and then waited 7+ months and raided again and got a shiny and said "finally" people would probably yell at me lol

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Its almost like they don't give a crap about us in the southern hemisphere :(

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Just checked my baby account to see how many Eevee shiny checks it took to actually get the shiny....

oh my god

697FCcQ.png

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god 4-7 sucks.

I'm working during the day so it might be a blessing in disguise, should get an hour or so at the end.

New update sounds fun. Always happy when they give us stuff to do aside from just incessantly tap Pokemon.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Managed 5 raids tonight, caught 4. Naturally it was the best one of the bunch (2332) that got away. I've gone 1/19 on shiny over the last year and have a few 89-91%ers so can't complain.

Looking forward to any kind of new special research if that's what is coming. The game needs more of that.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
What's the smallest number of people needed to do a raid successfully?
It really depends on the raids. Raids up to T3 can be done solo, though with T3s you really need specialized teams. T4s are designed so you need more than one person. Many can be duo'd with specialized teams, though some Pokemon are more difficult than others. Some T5 can be done with two people, whereas others you may need a minimum of 4.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
0/63 on shiny Kyogre now.

But then on the way home I caught a 5th shiny Bronzor. Second one today.

RNG pls
Damn, I really feel for you.

Co-worker of mine got one. I would have missed out on the raid hour since I had an appointment but I left my phone at work so my co-workers took it with them, did 5 raids and caught 4 with it. Love these guys 😁

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
No idea how many I did before it was possibly for it to be shiny but my pokedex entry is 0 for 73 (I probably did around 20 or so without a shiny being possible so my shiny number is going to be more like 0/53)

Nov 17, 2017
Seeing your guys numbers makes me realize just how lucky I've been with my legendary shinies!

I was 1/30 for shiny Kyogre, 1/7 for Cresselia, 1/11 for Groudon and 1/15 for Latios.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 0/10 this Kyogre wave for a total of 1/62 counting last year.

I'd almost be willing to trade that 1/62 win for a shiny Bronzor.

Kohlbiri

Apr 3, 2019
Oh of course, Jirachi for tanabata right?

Haven't been playing much but I'm certainly looking forward to all this!

Status
Not open for further replies.