• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I like adventure sync or not. I've played the game a lot less since it came out but I have hatched a lot more eggs with it than I usually would.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Wait, so if Heatran's the legendary then why the hell were Uxie, Azelf and Mespirit in the Holiday Event image?
Right, I wonder... Do you think they'd be research rewards for January? Or maybe there'll be a special raid day? Because they were in the image, they've gotta do something, right?

Anyway, lots of new pokemon!

Skorupi, Finneon, Bronzor, Snover, Croagunk in the wild, plus their five evolutions.
Mantyke, Munchlax, Chingling from eggs.
And Heatran in Raids.

I caught a Delibird and Santa Hat Pikachu on the way to work. My Johto Dex is just missing 3. :)

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the trainer who's name is recombinant is on here, we're about to become best friends. DM me so we can coordinate!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Croagunk, Finneon, Skorupi and Bronzor have been released as well

I've played all day and never saw any of these, not even a sillhuoette or any friends with them. I don't see any news about them either. Where do you see info of them being released?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They're definitely out there. All but Snover seem to be a somewhat rare spawn.

Are they regional? A couple posts here on Era are the only place I've seen anyone mention them. I encountered tons of delibirds, snovers and Santa hat pikachus. No other indication of anything else, not even mentioned in game news. No mention or screens of them in my socal slack or discord groups either.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Are they regional? A couple posts here on Era are the only place I've seen anyone mention them. I encountered tons of delibirds, snovers and Santa hat pikachus. No other indication of anything else, not even mentioned in game news. No mention or screens of them in my socal slack or discord groups either.
Nope. I've caught all but Bronzor so far and my friends in the same city have said they've seen it in the wild.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they just seem to be rather rare spawns on top of not being boosted and with an event going on overtaking the spawns.

I definitely saw a Skorupi on my radar last night but I wasn't going to go out and get it haha

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Honestly for a winter event, the spawns don't seem to be as boosted as the other events. There are still a ton of regular spawns out there. Whereas during the Halloween event 90% of the spawns seemed to be ghosts/dark/witch hat Pikachu

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah my town already had a ton of Numel and today was no different... if not more lol.

But also completed Snowrunt, Spheal, and Sneasle candy requirements in a single trip to the mall so thats nice.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm not sure if I like adventure sync or not. I've played the game a lot less since it came out but I have hatched a lot more eggs with it than I usually would.

It's absolutely adventure sync. It gets steps not just from GPS but from motion on your phone. It gets nearly all of the distance I do on my treadmill, which is great if I'm working on eggs in the winter - or hell even the summer as I can get cardio, eggs hatched, and watch Netflix at once.

It's not surprising they'd make hatching easier as that's income to them.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
AshGhottem, I sent you a gift. I'll drop a lucky egg after opening the game tomorrow morning.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Honestly for a winter event, the spawns don't seem to be as boosted as the other events. There are still a ton of regular spawns out there. Whereas during the Halloween event 90% of the spawns seemed to be ghosts/dark/witch hat Pikachu

I think the spawns are working as intended around my area. SoCal; Santa Monica all the way through to Redondo Beach. All the ice Pokemon are out in full force. But I'm also not seeing any of the latest gen 4 pop up like scorpi , bronzor ect. I'm pretty sure when this event ends I'll start seeing them around here. I've been playing avidly yesterday and today, plus my job allows me to have my phone on and out 24/7. If those Pokemon existed here I'd see them.

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, got an EX Raid pass for over the holidays when I'll be across the country.

My third research breakthrough this month was an Articuno. I'll take the candy, can power up my 96% one. Still haven't received another Sinnoh Stone from this or any trainer battles.

I haven't seen anything except Snover from the new additions yet. The ice spawns are generally about 50% of what I'm encountering however. Nice to get some sweet Sneasel and Snorunt candy.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Totodile community day on January 12th. Bonus 4x incubator speed(!)

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
A56W1KQ.jpg

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
They must have figured the best way to stop APAC from dying is to make them last so that spoofers especially will have already gone through Community Day in their countries.

lunch

Oct 26, 2017
If the trainer who's name is recombinant is on here, we're about to become best friends. DM me so we can coordinate!
Hey, I just saw this. I didn't know there was an XP bonus, so that was a really nice surprise. Thanks for all the gift swapping.

Also, since I don't know anyone near me to battle with, I've been randomly challenging people from Era on my friends list when I see they've opened my gifts. I hope I'm not annoying anyone!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Currently 2 for 2 with Heatran. Caught enough Snovers for an Abomasnow. And caught a single Skorupi and Croagunk. I haven't had a chance to go running, so I haven't hatched any eggs.

Double candy is so nice. After Pinap'ing, you only need to catch 4 to evolve.

Really? I'm seeing a TON of ice pokemon. Lots of Swinub, Jynx, Sneasel, Snovers, and Santa Pikachus out there. Of course, it was snowing yesterday, too, so they could've been extra boosted because of that.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah ice pokemon are def. rampant here as well, even though I haven't caught any of the new rare ones. I'm disappointed Piplup isn't included in the batch. He may be a water type but he'd fit for this winter event.

Got a sinnoh stone after training, only need 3 more to evolve the remaining ones I have enough candy for. Togetic and Gligar will take a while.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I'm noticing an increased spawn of Stantler also which is neat from a flavour perspective (even though I hate the pokemon)
stantler-so-muc-me-why-i-hate-its-because-he-20419932.png

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1/4th Egg Distance always great. Hope it is nice and warm outside. I'd want to to walk a lot.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just did my Meltan box. Now only need 54 more meltans! Though, I think i have enough to transfer most of them away to get the last bits

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Manage to catch shiny snowball today, thus a good day. Going to hit up a Heat raid this weekend, I hope

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Caught a female Heatran. Just need a male one and then it's back to ignoring T5 raids.

Still trying to get any winter shiny. Have checked around 200 of each so far and nothing.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
It is now possible, you need to luck out on ttar's movset, you need cloudy weather, and 6 lvl 40 high ATK IV Machamps.
Bleh... that's a tall order. I can solo Machamp raids, so I was thinking of building a Machamp army to get a bunch of TTar candy, but seems I'll probably still be short. Bleh, I might try anyway, and see how far I get. It's good to have goals :)

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Bleh... that's a tall order. I can solo Machamp raids, so I was thinking of building a Machamp army to get a bunch of TTar candy, but seems I'll probably still be short. Bleh, I might try anyway, and see how far I get. It's good to have goals :)

Basically you can do it if you have 6 good Machamps (they dont need to be level 40 but the higher the better) - in cloudy weather and the Tyranitar has Crunch as its charged move (you want it to have Crunch and Iron tail) and then a little bit of luck getting your 2nd charge move off before your machamp faints

There is also a trick to buy a few extra seconds on the raid which makes it possible to do some of the other Tyranitar movesets which is :

Create an empty party
Go into the fight with that as your selected team (your dropped back into the lobby) - wait a second or two and then rejoin with your Machamp team
This basically bypasses the bit 'Go' banner at the start of the battle and gives you a few extra seconds which is all you should need to win - have a look on Youtube for Solo Tyranitar videos to see some examples (and a lot of people have also posted their team - I've seen ones with some mediocre Machamps that still won.)

Pretty sure you cant solo a Fireblast one (on the old system Fireblast was the hardest Duo)

Last edited:

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
man. ive still only gotten one sinnoh stone from pvp, and I do 2-3 a day. what a pain in the ass. this is worse then having it be the reward for the weekly research goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.