• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I succesfully duo a Heatran this morning! Success.

DwzLNZMWkAARVlA.jpg:small
DwzLN9pXcAINGDP.jpg:small

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Another Suicune! I'm not even mad anymore, I've just accepted it. Over the past month and a half I've gotten 2 Zapdos and nothing but dogs.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I just realised: one of this year's community days could also be TRAPINCH. I'm already mentally prepared for it being the choice for february.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm ready for Ralts Community Day. And then they should release Gallade at the same time.

It's really weird that they're doing what basically amounts to a Feebas Community Day next week. They could've gotten away with doing that in its own month.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind Feebas requires 20 km walked. Would be a waste of a community day for an evolved move since most wouldn't be able to do it in a weekend. I think quests special works better.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Keep in mind Feebas requires 20 km walked. Would be a waste of a community day for an evolved move since most wouldn't be able to do it in a weekend. I think quests special works better.
Well it's not getting a special move either way. I just meant they could have done this for February and most people probably would have accepted that being the month's CD.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well it's not getting a special move either way. I just meant they could have done this for February and most people probably would have accepted that being the month's CD.
That's what I mean. It's not getting a special move. And this is better, as means we can get something else (like Bagon! or Trapinish....) for Feb.

Maybe if we are lucky, we will get Traphinish for a quest... lol

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I just realised: one of this year's community days could also be TRAPINCH. I'm already mentally prepared for it being the choice for february.
On the one hand, meh. On the other hand, if it gets a good move and gives me a use for the 1100 candy I have...? Bring it on.

Slakoth seems like a much less interesting probable CD candidate.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself about six shiny Totodile, and evolved 9 Feraligatr. Pretty good day, except it was raining for the first 45 minutes or so and the app refused to believe it. I felt cheated lol.

I'm excited for Feebas next weekend!

Also, incredibly jealous of the user who keeps getting shiny breakthrough Pokemon. I keep getting the dang dogs, plus one regular Articuno.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Given community day talk, I was curious about looking into likely candidates as the year goes on. Of course, we have some parameters we can use to narrow the list down. I've put together a list of trends/major requirements we can observe (and that should already be obvious) -

1. Every other month is a starter in Pokedex order (barring December's roundup).

2. Besides Eevee, for unique reasons, every community day Pokemon has been a 3-stage evolution.

3. Niantic has been utterly reluctant to introduce later-introduced pre-evos (Igglybuff, Azurill, etc.) in the wild, which might negate their appearance for community days.

4. Let's assume, for our collective sanity, that Niantic won't do a Beedrill community day and will disqualify very common and utterly meta-irrelevant species.

With that in mind, here is a list of 3-stage evo Pokemon as of Generation 4, as I am operating under the assumption that Generation 5 won't be around until late this year and thus not eligible for 2019 community days, with my above guidelines factored in. Furthermore, I'll lop off previously featured Pokemon by listing them first. I've taken the liberty of pruning down obvious above-point 4 Pokemon; feel free to disagree.

Previously featured community days in order -

Raichu (Jan 2018)
Dragonite (Feb 2018)
Venusaur (Mar 2018)
Ampharos (Apr 2018)
Charizard (May 2018)
Tyranitar (June 2018)
Blastoise (July 2018)
Eevee (Aug 2018)
Meganium (Sept 2018)
Metagross (Oct 2018)
Typhlosion (Nov 2018)
Feraligatr (Jan 2019)

Now, assuming starters remain on the normal schedule, let's add -

Sceptile (Mar 2019)
Blaziken (May 2019)
Swampert(July 2019)
Torterra (Sept 2019)
Infernape (Nov 2019)
Empoleon (Jan 2020)

Which leaves us with February, April, June, August, and October 2019 to fill out, assuming that this December will be another roundup. So, choose from the list -

Vileplume / Bellossom
Poliwrath / Politoed
Alakazam
Machamp
Victreebel
Golem
Gengar (was previously in a special raid day)
Crobat
Ludicolo
Shiftry
Gardevoir / Gallade
Slaking
Aggron
Flygon
Walrein
Salamence
Luxray
Roserade
Garchomp
Weavile
Magnezone
Rhyperior
Electivire
Magmortar
Togekiss
Mamoswine
Porygon-Z
Dusknoir

My personal assumptions -

Gardevoir / Gallade - Gives them a twofer and perhaps an excuse to introduce the next round of Gen 4 evos

Salamence - Obvious reasons

Garchomp - I think this one could be used to introduce a new Pokemon by way of community day, which might be very handy in Gen 5 if they keep the slow trickle and keeping in mind that generations plethora of 3-stage evos (20 of them!).

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're totally doing Lucario at some point. I wouldn't write off Jigglypuff, either. Or Chansey. They're probably not doing something that already has a shiny form like Togekiss, Electivire, etc. my bet is Salamence, Mamoswine, and Gardevoir.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Still no Gible so don't really care. They should mix the starters up though instead of going the linear grass/fire/water route.

You know what would be a QoL improvement? Shiny encounters in the overworld. I keep clicking on Caterpies and Murkrows in the hopes of a shiny and get disappointed every time. Imagine if they released all the common crap as shinies.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Given community day talk, I was curious about looking into likely candidates as the year goes on. Of course, we have some parameters we can use to narrow the list down. I've put together a list of trends/major requirements we can observe (and that should already be obvious) -

Also the off months (non starters) were all 10k egg hatches which is why Bagon / Ralts are two of the often talked about
Slakoth (and the terror of Trappinch) I think are the only other 3 stage evolves that were in 10k eggs ?

** edit ** forgot to add Shinx as a possible , and using those criteria Porygon could also be possible but you need something to sort out the item issues with them (on a community day you obviously need to be able to farm both Upgrades to get Porygon to Porygon2 and Sinnoh stones to get to PorygonZ)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I started a dummy account a few days ago to do the pvp battles but no stones in a few days here as well. Most of the time I only get dust and otherwise 1 rare candy. I still need 2 for the current evos, but a lot of people have been saving up for the next batch. I haven't been that lucky yet.

I did get lucky in my egg hatches: got another gligar so I can do the evolution and another Bagon. I could get my first Salamence, but I'm going to wait and see what the feb community is going to be.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Event feels weak, should have used the chance to switch Volbeat and Illumise or release Kecleon.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yess Kyogre and Groudon, perfect. I missed all of the gen 3 raids so I can catch up a bit there, plus since they're great for battles I'll have incentive to do multiple.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
oh nice. how long are kyogre/groudon going to be in raids?

its going to be close to freezing shortly and I cant imagine trying to get them done anytime soon. just want one of each of em

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. I can finally get Groudon! And I can hopefully catch more Kyogre to supplement the sole one I was able to catch when I first started (which is admittedly great at 15/15/11). I'm sitting on 112 premium raid passes. Thankfully I should be able to get into a healthy number of raids given these two guys are popular and desirable.

Also, with Breloom getting an exclusive move, Niantic is only making it harder to justify evolving anything if it isn't immediately useful to you.

And just got my third Sinnoh Stone, woo! Guess that'll be for my lucky Electabuzz for Kyogre raids.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
They said Hoenn pokemon will be in 7km eggs. So it probably isn't going to mean anything good unless they raise the rate of Azurill/Wynaut or have the regionals in them, which they probably would've mentioned if they were going to do that.
They could throw in the regional pokemon again, like they did for the Kanto event.

Hopefully I can catch both a kyogre and groudon. There is not too much in the way of Hoenn I need outside the legendary pokemon and regional. Looking over my list.
Bunch of Lotads would be nice, few more Mudkips, Ralts, Slaking, Whalmer, dare I say Trapnich. That would complete must of the common ones

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Event feels weak, should have used the chance to switch Volbeat and Illumise or release Kecleon.
The email from a week or two ago said that the Hoenn hemisphere regionals will probably switch soon. Maybe this'll be the last week for those with increased spawns, and then maybe next week they'll switch with increased spawns in their new regions.

Also, the email said legendaries such as Kyorge and Groudon. "such as" doesn't rule out the possibility of other ones.

Overall, I'm hoping I will be able to finally evolve my cactus from this event, as well as get enough Slakoths to evolve, too.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh wow, could this really mean that we'd get more of the rare types like Slakoth too? I've been tempted to dump rare candy into the only one I have hatched, glad I didn't.

Squall5042

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I need to add three friends for special research and have already added everyone I know playing beforehand.

My code is: 8688 3649 1850

Would appreciate any friend requests :)

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, could this really mean that we'd get more of the rare types like Slakoth too? I've been tempted to dump rare candy into the only one I have hatched, glad I didn't.
  • Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will appear more frequently in the wild.
  • Field Research will highlight Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
Slakoth should definitely be covered by the first, although biomes and weather will still be affecting things. There's a chance he shows up as a research task, too.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
Lol they are really milking the Gen 4 release. Now we are going to go a whole month without any new Gen 4 Pokemons. Release Gible dammit!

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Lol they are really milking the Gen 4 release. Now we are going to go a whole month without any new Gen 4 Pokemons. Release Gible dammit!

It's awful. I still haven't found a Bronzor nor enough of Skorupi, Croagunk, or Finneon for their evos (I have seen and caught 1 Finneon).

Do you think they'd release Gible with a community day?

I surmised that as a possibility above. It'd be a huge, welcome surprise and set them up to potentially do the same in Gen 5, which has 19(!) 3-stage evos. If they trickle out Gen 5 like they're doing with 4 (or, god forbid, worse), it'd give them wiggle room.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
For Gen V, I'd hope they'd pull a similar move like they did for the games, and have only Gen V be available for some amount of time. Maybe not all the species of Gen V, but most.

Status
Not open for further replies.