• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
...And what's wrong with being "pandered to" in this context? They are people who enjoy a certain type of video game and a video game company makes games that fit their tastes. There's zero wrong with that.
One subset of a fan base shouldn't get the overwhelming amount of pandering at the expense of the rest.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...And what's wrong with being "pandered to" in this context? They are people who enjoy a certain type of video game and a video game company makes games that fit their tastes. There's zero wrong with that.

Because it feels like it's at the expense of those of us who are fans of latter Gens as well.

That's what frustrated me and I imagine other people.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole case goes miles in the topic of not listening only to the fans that make the most noise. After people complained for months (years?) about the 5th generation having mostly new Pokémon, generations 6 and 7 became "Kanto pandering: THE GAME" and yet it was never enough to bring those back since those games just sold more or less the same as others. In X/Y you get a Kanto starter not long after you get the initial starter and most of the bulk of wild Pokémon are from Kanto. In generation 7 you got the Alola formes and lots of Kanto Pokémon in the wild and every other NPC and even the fucking talking Pokédex reminding you about Kanto because Kanto is very near and Kanto is so great and your rival is going on a trip to Kanto after you finish the story and even your fucking inexpressive ass just moved to Alola from fucking Kanto with your Kanto mother and your Kanto Meowth. Did those games still reach the levels of sales of the Pokémania era? No. Was it enough to bring those lapsed players back? Of fucking course not. I guess that should have been enough for GameFreak to get the message already but apparently it wasn't.

Edit: how could I forget that there also was a bootleg Professor Oak that was the cousin with tanorexia of the original and constantly talks about his cousin back in Kanto.
I remember finishing SM thinking "what the hell, I didn't see almost any alola pokémon", checked my dex and it had like 23 Alola Pokémon seen. You literally can't find new Pokémon because they hide them behind very low rates and few spots to have more Kanto Pokémon in the wild instead. lol

I can see Let's Go Johto versions in 2020, then Hoenn in 2022 and etc

Only problem is deciding the mascots for the regions since they most likely won't use starters or legendaries.

Phanpy and Togepi I guess
I don't think so. People are more excited about the setting and Pokémon than the gameplay. I doubt the Hoenn fans want a game like this, for example. Many complained a lot about ORAS dumbing down stuff.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Mt. Silver is located in Kanto, but is where Pokémon like Larvitar (or was it Pupitar? One of them) lives. Which means, like the Sevii Islands, has no place in a game with only the 151.

Unless they populate it with Alolan forms or something....?
It wouldn't make sense because they are, well, Alolan forms. I'm guessing they'll put them in the Safari Zone as "imported" Pokémon from another region.
I could see the Sevii islands if only to explain why the Alola forms are present. Although the routes seem to be based on the original titles, not FRLG (they were modified in that slightly, right?) so they probably won't be there either
The maps seem based on FRLG actually, take the route south of Pallet Town for example, which is completely straight in RBY but has rocks and sand formations in FRLG which we have also seen in the old Lapras screenshot

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Are we assuming that there will be no Poke Bank/Trading between this game and the 2019 title?

It's all speculation at this point, but I'd say yes, eventually. But only from LGPE to 2019 and not the other way around.

Even if they simplify the stats in this game, they probably will add a feature that you can bring them over to the 2019 game the same way they allowed Pokemon in RBY from the VC releases to be brought over.

The fact that they go out of their way to mention 151 Pokemon only leads me to believe the rest will not even be coded in though.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The Sevii Islands won't be there at all, this is a Yellow remake not an FR/LG remake. Same thing they said ORAS was a R/S remake and not an Emerald one.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017

It becomes a a problem when it is only gen one getting most of the favortism. Mega evolution the big new mechanic of gen six , but one where generation one got one third of them while gen five was lucky enough to get one.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
how do you include islands that are specifically named Seven, but not include half of them?

The latter half of the islands have stuff like breeding, Unown ruins, and Johto Pokemon all over.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
You just know they're gonna pull a 'The boat is currently out of service, please understand' as a nod to the Sevii islands lol

:'(

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Correction, they like a game from 20 years ago and haven't been with the franchise since then. Shit is tiring at this point

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
One subset of a fan base shouldn't get the overwhelming amount of pandering at the expense of the rest.

Because it feels like it's at the expense of those of us who are fans of latter Gens as well.

That's what frustrated me and I imagine other people.

It becomes a a problem when it is only gen one getting most of the favortism. Mega evolution the big new mechanic of gen six , but one where generation one got one third of them while gen five was lucky enough to get one.

Sure, but how is that the fault of those fans? Or what are they supposed to do? Loudly protest that they shouldn't get the game they want out of a selfless desire to give other people the game they want? That's kind of silly.

Like, it's fine to be frustrated, but ever since those games were announced people just keep complaining about "Genwunners" as if they had some sort of weird moral failing when all they are guilty of is preferring one game in the series lol It's like, I'm sure there are some people who prefer gen 1 who are just assholes about it, but loudly complaining about "Genwunners" just sounds kinda...well, you know.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
The people who can name locations like the Sevii Islands aren't who this game is aimed toward lol

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I've said this before, but the unironic use of the term "genwunner" is the most pathetic shit ever. It should be outlawed.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
We're getting the orange islands fam. You heard it here.

tumblr_lu7g7kB9Fl1r45otto1_500.gif

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Correction, they like a game from 20 years ago and haven't been with the franchise since then. Shit is tiring at this point

First of all, not really. I've seen people get accused of being "genwunners" for preferring gen 1 most of all even if they played the entire series.

Second, so what if they haven't kept up with the franchise? Is there a mandated minimum amount of games played before they can think "Oh hey, nice, the game appeals to me now, I wanna play that?" There's nothing wrong with liking a game in a series, then not following a series for one reason or another and then jumping back in when something that appeals to them happens.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but how is that the fault of those fans? Or what are they supposed to do? Loudly protest that they shouldn't get the game they want out of a selfless desire to give other people the game they want? That's kind of silly.

Like, it's fine to be frustrated, but ever since those games were announced people just keep complaining about "Genwunners" as if they had some sort of weird moral failing when all they are guilty of is preferring one game in the series lol It's like, I'm sure there are some people who prefer gen 1 who are just assholes about it, but loudly complaining about "Genwunners" just sounds kinda...well, you know.

Do you have an idea of how much noise have that people done for years until they have got exactly what they wanted? And are you aware that what they eventually got has been at the expense of pissing on everyone else's Cheerios because GF went to the point of not even let you get newer pokémon and pretend they don't exist? As it was mentioned before, same as the Ocarina of Time stans, they won't stop until all the rest of fans of the series are absolutely miserable, and of fucking course they won't be back for whatever the generation 8 has to offer.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I feel you. I will try to make this my last day discussing this game because it's very frustrating and I'm feeling very bad about the series future after all this. Feels really like "we lost" and it feels extremely unfair when you literally get all the games day 1 and these sell more than 10M! Is that not enough? :/

I guess there are other games, haha.

Seems like everyone won to me. "Genwunners" get their casual game and long time fans get their real core game that has absolutely nothing to do with Let's Go. Sure you have to wait longer but Gen 8 was never coming out before 2019. They decided to throw a very expensive bone to casuals in the meantime and to increase the install base before their core games come out next year

And I say this as someone who is fairly lukewarm on these games. I don't like wild battles being out

I can see Let's Go Johto versions in 2020, then Hoenn in 2022 and etc

Only problem is deciding the mascots for the regions since they most likely won't use starters or legendaries.

Phanpy and Togepi I guess

I've said this before but any future Let's Go games will be Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee 2, 3, 4, etc. They've worked very hard to build Eevee's brand as a mascot to put them alongside Pikachu. You can't just magically do that with new Pokemon for every gen.
It works out fine cause correct me if I'm wrong but Pikachu and Eevee are two of the Pokemon available in every gen. So they'll never be out of place

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've said this before but any future Let's Go games will be Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee 2, 3, 4, etc. They've worked very hard to build Eevee's brand as a mascot to put them alongside Pikachu. You can't just magically do that with new Pokemon for every gen.
It works out fine cause correct me if I'm wrong but Pikachu and Eevee are two of the Pokemon available in every gen. So they'll never be out of place
They could keep Pikachu and Eevee as the mascots but still change the name. (e.g. Let's go Gold/Silver)

But realistically I think the work they've put into building Eevee was FOR this game. Things are rarely so long sighted when it comes to marketing.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Do you have an idea of how much noise have that people done for years until they have got exactly what they wanted? And are you aware that what they eventually got has been at the expense of pissing on everyone else's Cheerios because the went to the point of not even let you get newer pokémon and pretend they don't exist? As it was mentioned before, same as the Ocarina of Time stans, they won't stop until all the rest of fans of the series are absolutely miserable, and of fucking course they won't be back for whatever the generation 8 has to offer.

I have honestly heard more people complaining about people who prefer gen 1 than anything from that direction. It's to the point where if someone is like "Oh yeah, Gen 1 is my fave" there is a good chance someone will try to be the alpha nerd and gatekeep the shit out of them lol it's seriously silly. I've seen that happen a lot. Plus acting like everyone who prefers gen 1 was complaining loudly as opposed to a loud minority is...kind of ridiculous. There's a ton of people who basically ignored Pokemon or only remained vaguely aware of it, having last played the games back when the anime was huge. Then GO hit and they were like "Oh yeah, shit I liked this" and were interested in having another go at the series but didn't care about the stuff they were unfamiliar with. There's a lot, lot of people like that.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I have honestly heard more people complaining about people who prefer gen 1 than anything from that direction. It's to the point where if someone is like "Oh yeah, Gen 1 is my fave" there is a good chance someone will try to be the alpha nerd and gatekeep the shit out of them lol it's seriously silly. I've seen that happen a lot. Plus acting like everyone who prefers gen 1 was complaining loudly as opposed to a loud minority is...kind of ridiculous. There's a ton of people who basically ignored Pokemon or only remained vaguely aware of it, having last played the games back when the anime was huge. Then GO hit and they were like "Oh yeah, shit I liked this" and were interested in having another go at the series but didn't care about the stuff they were unfamiliar with. There's a lot, lot of people like that.
So then when gen 8 comes out, will these people coming back play that too?

Beje

Oct 27, 2017

And still, Pokémon Go has made a better job than this game will ever do at introducing and easing those lapsed players into the concept of "there are actually almost a thousand of Pokémon and it's OK if you don't have every single one because there's something cool for everyone in the sub-set available at the current moment".

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017

It wasn't a couple of bad apples, it takes more than that for a group to get labeled a name. Maybe you weren't there but it was a huge annoyance trying to start a conversation of the new features of gen four or five but get interrupted by someone annoyed by all the "digimon rejects", as they would call them and of all battle features added over the years. The stigma stayed, and it only gotten worse with all the gen one pandering.

No one is in the right in the genwunner debate, but there's a reason why people hate that them.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

They got the game they wanted. They got remakes of their favorite gen. It's over, in the past.

Then they got two whole gens of pandering mixed in directly with the new.

Now they're getting another revisit to their favorite games.

Are we going to continue seeing remake after remake and pandering effort after pandering effort to Gen 1 until the end of time?

I guess my question to you and to the Genwunners is: When will it be enough? When will the point arrive when you say "You know, we've been to Kanto and seen the original 151 enough times already!"?

Last edited:

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Pokémon needs a trade with yourself Feature like if I have haunter and I want Gengar then I need to trade with a friend what I don't have a friend that plus Pokémon so I'm game there could be a girl or guy that trades with you and trades back so I can have Gengar