• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get it. These are spin offs made quick to give fans something to chew on and increase switch sales.

But like, they still haven't sold me on these games being full price.

Not being able to battle with wild pokemon seems like a bad move. So you just spam them with balls like in Go? WHy do that when you clearly have a battle system in place already with trainer battles? And they really couldn't model pokemon past gen 1? At least 1 and 2 would have been bearable. Now Evee can only be one of 3 evolutions.

I'm fine with no online multiplayer as I'm a casual fan, but unless they reveal some other content leading up to release, this seems quite lazy.

EDIT: WHoops meant to edit, not reply.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
With local coop. I'm super hyped.
For real. That's legit one of the reasons I'm so excited for these games. Being able to play with my boyfriend on the same TV and actually explore the world together is going to be great. It's the kind of thing I want more of from Switch games.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Yes, I am. You're actually going to say that a game where you only get 151 pokemon out of the 807
that exist with a neutered catching system should cost the same as a traditional pokemon RPG
that contains all the normal features and monsters? (Gen 8 will obviously also be priced at $60)

Nah
Yes, because they are two games going for diferent things. If Nintendo think its worth 60 dollars, it is worth 60 dollars. Just because you are not happy with the game doesnt mean it isnt worth 60 dollars.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
The game looks great. Liking the visuals.

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_03-2_png_jpgcopy.jpg
For some reason, this look doesn't click with me. Everything looks separate, rather than one cohesive world of interlocked visuals - if that makes sense.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Honestly, it's a plus for me. There are plenty of Pokemon from later gens that I love (hello Zebstrika), but only having the original 151 means that completing the Pokedex will actually be possible for me. Collecting all 800+ is a daunting task that I will never, ever do.

That's great! I'm just arguing that this game shouldn't be priced at $60 since the gen 8 games will also be priced at $60
and the gen 8 games will for sure have more content than LGE/LGP because it will have all the mons and normal features.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
It's a Pokémon Yellow remix with a new capture mechanic. How is that not a mainline game?

Can I import gen 2 or later pokemon from bank? Can I trade and battle with SM/USUM? If it can do those things I'll consider this mainline, otherwise it's hard to not see this as its own thing. Every other remake has had full functionality with the other games of its gen.

Beans

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wife gonna go nuts lol still the only person I know that plays GO, she's gonna love this.

Nov 23, 2017
Make no mistake. First, they react to folks who weren't happy with Gen V for being pretty inventive and fun (B2W2 being the most jam-packed Pokemon games to date, and dream radar made them doubly fun) by stuffing kanto refs into XY when they don't have any context to speak of, but folks dismissed it because of fun stuff like the amie minigames and Megas even though the post-game was laughably short and the battle maison cheats like hell, but it also had great online to make up for it.

Then, ORAS invades and after everyone gets hyped for finally getting Hoenn remakes that could easily surpass HGSS in quality and with the Gen VI Online engine could be the best games in existence, they absolutely ruin it in every possible way to the sake of pandering to an audience who wouldn't care to play those games to begin with, by dumbing down the entire difficulty of the game, adding hand holding, dumbing down contests to the extreme by removing the skill-based multiplayer minigame and removing the sheen limit (thus making your pokemon insta-win based on the appeal round if you max out their stats with rainbow blocks), followed by a move that felt like a stab in the heart with the removal of the battle frontier and Tower with a lazy reskin of the Maison from XY that didn't even change Ace Trainers and Lasses to the ORAS versions because they were that lazy, along with not changing the rosters of the Maison letters to at least be different, which followed by their insulting explanations of only doing so because they assumed kids today with their mobile games are too stupid to accept a challenging game nowadays even though I played through Gen III during the hardest times of my childhood and the only thing that made me bonkers were the braile puzzles, (that were one of the FEW THINGS they kept hard and made even harder for some reason) but somehow the fanbase did not do the right move of rebelling against Game Freak and instead excused it due to the few cool things they did add like more megas, cool Secret Bases and removing an HM

A year goes by, the fanbase explodes because they decide to take a gap year, instead announcing Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, which came off the heels of a pretty average predecessor itself, only to be the best Pokemon game on the 3DS and at least the one with the best story (even for non MD fans), only to be shafted by the main series fans due to being niche, and they return with SM after some RBY VC releases and the megahit of Pokemon Go that actually was a fun successor to the Pokewalker in some way. They actually undo a lot of the tragedies ORAS did and expanded on the removal of the Fly HM more with pokeride and bring back a fun challenging experience with a decent post-game and a fantastic post-game facility, but removed the national dex for no real reason and made a bank dex that can't even reset with every new game you sync up to it, and people excuse it because well, the games are actually good (barring the long story which bugged some people, and kanto shilling with Alolan forms and special Z-moves)

USUM came after that, and they were filler games that were just lazy DLC addons to SM but somehow made it worse to play due to the story being slow and not skippable, (despite this being made a year after the originals) and the national dex STILL remains removed while they also failed to fix the other minor problems SM had and made it worse thanks to a new dev team, but people again excused it due to the guise that third versions are usually lazy. (even though BW2 broke that trend ages ago)

And now we have this, a game that once again fixes things from the old games by reintroducing Pokemon following you, gorgeous graphics and the best looking game in the franchise, only for it to remove wild pokemon battles, pander to the people who cause this dark age to begin with with only 151 mons, (when there's no excuse to at least allow the other mons you can get in GO up to Gen III/IV) no indication that the short length of Kanto is gonna get addressed for a SIXTY DOLLAR GAME, and the removal of online.

Mark my words, if this does well, Gen VIII will somehow suffer as a result. It may start with something small like the removal of TMs or Berries, or with the continued removal of the national dex/post-game facilities/online hubs. This cannot be tolerated and I legit fear that GF will shoot themselves in the foot by making the franchise more and more casual by removing features that have no reason to be removed at all. This didn't have to be a mega hardcore game, but this could at least be one worth the pricetag and engaging to ALL instead of a tiny subset. Even GO I feel did things better considering the context of the game itself.
Relax.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's a plus for me. There are plenty of Pokemon from later gens that I love (hello Zebstrika), but only having the original 151 means that completing the Pokedex will actually be possible for me. Collecting all 800+ is a daunting task that I will never, ever do.
Honestly online has made it super easy to complete the pokedex, especially if you utilize forums like this one where there are people who will happily give you pretty much any pokemon you want barring maybe mythicals for no cost whatsoever. I found it way easier to complete the pokedex in recent gens then I ever did in gens 1, 2, or 3

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck i wanna die,this looks so good and they ruined it with this no wild battles crap,they should had canned the 2019 game and put all effort on this,better graphics,post game stuff,extras.

Why can't they do 2 things?

This is for the people who like Go and to get them onto the Switch. Fans of the traditional games get a full fledged title in 2019 with a full development cycle from Game Freak.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The only feature "missing" is wild battles. And it isnt a removal it was replaced with something else.

This is still a full fledged RPG where build a team, battle trainers and gym leaders, trade and battle online, etc.

That Q+A answer stated the opposite :/

No plans to use the Nintendo Online service

Mavrick07

Oct 28, 2017
No wonder the Chinese leakers were up in arms about that Pikachu gif he's sat on the arm and everything. Totally legit, just like lapras.

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_01_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don't about you guys, but I'm getting an ORAS vibe from these games where there will be no character customization because the originals did not.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Me: oh man that trailer looks sweet, can't wait.
Let's see how ERA is reacting...

*Trash fire*

Look forwardfor seeing a lot of Crow eating when this comes out, is really fun, and sells a ton.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also guys - catching pokemon was ridiculously easy since X & Y, they might as well just go with "go formula". Nothing of value lost here, really. Oh, yeah RIP Nuzlocke.

Deleted member 42221

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Accessibility concern - can you turn the motion controls off? Super Mario Odyssey had motion controls always on which meant that some of my disabled friends couldn't play it because of muscle spams forcing hat throws and (even worse) jumps in the 2d sections.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
This game probably wont even have a PC Storage, looks like it will be a grass field all your Pokémon run around and you can intract with them.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I was in highschool when gold and silver was around and we were doing all the IV and EV stuff already at that point.

Groups of 12-15 of us would hang out at a pizza joint after school group order a few pizzas and battle the fuck out of each other and hold weekly tournaments

That's great. I was in elementary school when red and blue came out and we weren't.

I'm not a competitive person at all though, so the more my friends shifted towards the competitive side of things the more alienated I felt. Realistically yeah, I'm glad that side is there for people who want it, but I would absolutely not complain if I woke up tomorrow and it wasn't.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Cant belive it, I'm skipping these games and I'm a huge Pokemon fan, I can't comprehand the decisons here. Who the fuck wanted these games and locked to 151 Pokemon. I could live with no wild battles, but no online?? Nono a pass from me.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's marketed for the more casual demographic, if it has no online multiplayer than those seeking a competitive, hardcore option are not gonna buy this.

Looks cute, I'm on the fence.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make no mistake. First, they react to folks who weren't happy with Gen V for being pretty inventive and fun (B2W2 being the most jam-packed Pokemon games to date, and dream radar made them doubly fun) by stuffing kanto refs into XY when they don't have any context to speak of, but folks dismissed it because of fun stuff like the amie minigames and Megas even though the post-game was laughably short and the battle maison cheats like hell, but it also had great online to make up for it.

Then, ORAS invades and after everyone gets hyped for finally getting Hoenn remakes that could easily surpass HGSS in quality and with the Gen VI Online engine could be the best games in existence, they absolutely ruin it in every possible way to the sake of pandering to an audience who wouldn't care to play those games to begin with, by dumbing down the entire difficulty of the game, adding hand holding, dumbing down contests to the extreme by removing the skill-based multiplayer minigame and removing the sheen limit (thus making your pokemon insta-win based on the appeal round if you max out their stats with rainbow blocks), followed by a move that felt like a stab in the heart with the removal of the battle frontier and Tower with a lazy reskin of the Maison from XY that didn't even change Ace Trainers and Lasses to the ORAS versions because they were that lazy, along with not changing the rosters of the Maison letters to at least be different, which followed by their insulting explanations of only doing so because they assumed kids today with their mobile games are too stupid to accept a challenging game nowadays even though I played through Gen III during the hardest times of my childhood and the only thing that made me bonkers were the braile puzzles, (that were one of the FEW THINGS they kept hard and made even harder for some reason) but somehow the fanbase did not do the right move of rebelling against Game Freak and instead excused it due to the few cool things they did add like more megas, cool Secret Bases and removing an HM

A year goes by, the fanbase explodes because they decide to take a gap year, instead announcing Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, which came off the heels of a pretty average predecessor itself, only to be the best Pokemon game on the 3DS and at least the one with the best story (even for non MD fans), only to be shafted by the main series fans due to being niche, and they return with SM after some RBY VC releases and the megahit of Pokemon Go that actually was a fun successor to the Pokewalker in some way. They actually undo a lot of the tragedies ORAS did and expanded on the removal of the Fly HM more with pokeride and bring back a fun challenging experience with a decent post-game and a fantastic post-game facility, but removed the national dex for no real reason and made a bank dex that can't even reset with every new game you sync up to it, and people excuse it because well, the games are actually good (barring the long story which bugged some people, and kanto shilling with Alolan forms and special Z-moves)

USUM came after that, and they were filler games that were just lazy DLC addons to SM but somehow made it worse to play due to the story being slow and not skippable, (despite this being made a year after the originals) and the national dex STILL remains removed while they also failed to fix the other minor problems SM had and made it worse thanks to a new dev team, but people again excused it due to the guise that third versions are usually lazy. (even though BW2 broke that trend ages ago)

And now we have this, a game that once again fixes things from the old games by reintroducing Pokemon following you, gorgeous graphics and the best looking game in the franchise, only for it to remove wild pokemon battles, pander to the people who cause this dark age to begin with with only 151 mons, (when there's no excuse to at least allow the other mons you can get in GO up to Gen III/IV) no indication that the short length of Kanto is gonna get addressed for a SIXTY DOLLAR GAME, and the removal of online.

Mark my words, if this does well, Gen VIII will somehow suffer as a result. It may start with something small like the removal of TMs or Berries, or with the continued removal of the national dex/post-game facilities/online hubs. This cannot be tolerated and I legit fear that GF will shoot themselves in the foot by making the franchise more and more casual by removing features that have no reason to be removed at all. This didn't have to be a mega hardcore game, but this could at least be one worth the pricetag and engaging to ALL instead of a tiny subset. Even GO I feel did things better considering the context of the game itself.
This is satire, right

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
That tweet explicitly says that this is a CORE RPG.

Fucking read what you're posting, please.
Perhaps these excepts from the PR will be more clear (emphasis mine):
During a special Pokémon press conference in Tokyo today, The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced three new ways to play Pokémon for Nintendo Switch™—Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!, Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, and the free-to-start Pokémon Quest. With the addition of these new titles, Pokémon is broadening the scope of video game offerings from the franchise to appeal to its wide variety of fans at all player levels. Pokémon also announced that the next introduction to its popular core RPG series, which was teased last year at E3, will arrive in late 2019 on Nintendo Switch for the first time.
"With the launch of Pokémon GO in 2016 and the global sensation that ensued, millions of new players were introduced to the world of Pokémon," said Junichi Masuda, director at GAME FREAK inc. "For many people, Pokémon GO was their first experience with the Pokémon brand, so we have crafted these two new titles to be an accessible entry point to our core RPG series while giving our longtime fans a new way to play Pokémon."

These are very clearly being positioned as their own thing outside of the actual mainline titles.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Why does the first Pokemon game for each new system always has to be a gimmicky game? This reminds me of the day Pokemon Dash was announced for the Nintendo DS.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the over/under on the number of TVs that will be broken by kids throwing that Poke Ball controller? How many millions? Lol.