• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's getting announced for Pokémon Day?

• Pokémon Gold & Silver Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 126 40.6%
  • Pokémon Black & White Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 168 54.2%
  • Another expansion for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Pokémon Black 3 & White 3

Votes: 39 12.6%
  • A new Mystery Dungeon

Votes: 36 11.6%
  • A new Pokémon Spinoff

Votes: 86 27.7%
  • Re-releases of the Gameboy titles

Votes: 80 25.8%

• Total voters

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Bring back all of them but make it so you can only use one per battle. If you have to pick between them before battle too then that could change things up a bit too

Or be like Ash and rock up with all of them to hand.

I actually have all of them. Was tempted to go to Worlds wearing the Dynamax Band, Mega Ring and Z-Ring while holding the Tera Orb

Donalp15

Oct 27, 2017
If there are no new Megas I could see them being skipped, but if there are any new ones I feel like they will include them in a competitive game at least once.

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
Bring back all of them but make it so you can only use one per battle. If you have to pick between them before battle too then that could change things up a bit too

I actually have all of them. Was tempted to go to Worlds wearing the Dynamax Band, Mega Ring and Z-Ring while holding the Tera Orb

The generational battle gimmicks would be waaaaay more fun if they were brought back every time and built upon. Sucks that Sun and Moon was the only time they did this. I get they want each region to be distinct and have its own flavour but I think as long as you leave past gimmicks as a post game competitive thing then there's nothing wrong with bringing them all back each time.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Megas were always cool, people just hate change
Incorrect. I've despised Megas since day 1. Almost all have horrible designs, the fact that they robbed pokemon that needed a genuine evolution from getting one, the fact that they gave Charizard more than 1, the fact that they gave it to several powerful popular pokemon who didn't need one. Just terrible all around and I legit hope they never make new ones. Z moves and tera types are much better concepts.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I'm 100% sure there will be new Megas and some new Kalos form of pokemon and 1 or 2 brand new pokemon.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 100% there will be new Megas but I don't think they will be back in Gen 10.

The fact that PLZA won't be a competitive game is the perfect opportunity to bring them back and satisfy fans while not having to commit to design their next gen metagame around them.

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 100% there will be new Megas but I don't think they will be back in Gen 10.

The fact that PLZA won't be a competitive game is the perfect opportunity to bring them back and satisfy fans while not having to commit to having to commit their next gen metagame around them.
This is the way I'm leaning. They get to cash in the mega nostalgia and don't have to worry too much about balancing them for competitive, then pivot right back to a new gimmick for gen 10.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I would like to see more new Pokémon. I know we'll probably have a couple, but I'm talking about a considerable amount of new Pokémon.
Kalos in particular suffered the fate of being the region that introduced the fewest, so it would be cool if they were like "hey, you know how Kalos only introduced 72 new Pokémon, well, here's these other 20-30 new Pokémon we didn't tell you about back then". They could be cross-gen evolutions, or more fossils, or further evolutions for Pokémon such as Slurpuff and Aromatisse, idk.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Legend Arceus gave us 7 new Pokémon, 17 new Hisuian formes and 3 new general forms.

Since this time it's not a new region but a new timeframe, I could see fewer Kalosan forms (and those being reserved for Pokémon from Gen 6 to 9) but a more new Pokémon if it's set in the future.

Sep 5, 2021

It would be great if the next game had all the gimmicks at the same time, as it could be a commemorative game as it would be Generation 10.

5SQHLs6.jpg

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Just had a Shiny Registeel kill itself with Struggle in Ultra Moon. Almost every throw was three shakes and then breaking out. I'm going to have an aneurysm.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Man Amoonguss really clutched that out, insane year for Wolfe, 2 regional wins is crazy. I hope he doesn't choke at worlds this year.

OP
OP
WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just don't like him and I want to see newer players win. Also his whining and supposedly unintentional sicking of his fanbase on a player last August when that player figured out it was him laddering under a pseudonym, and them copying his team, when it was just a regular ass Reg A team that everyone and their mother had seen before really pissed me off.

Also I don't want another Amoongus distribution.

Nov 2, 2017
HNL
Just had a Shiny Registeel kill itself with Struggle in Ultra Moon. Almost every throw was three shakes and then breaking out. I'm going to have an aneurysm.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I'm also doing some Ultra Wormhole shiny hunting.

Do you know about the Leppa Berry trick with Harvest/Skill Swap/Trick? I built a Trevenant specifically to avoid that nightmare scenario, it's been working well so far.

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Twitter clout goblins being clout goblins lol

"Big details"

It's just CoroCoro reacting to the reveal trailer and asking "What does this mean" to everything and reiterating what we know

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
"Some big details about PLZA!" [Nothing but speculation or a summary of the trailer.]

Twitter clout goblins being clout goblins lol

"Big details"

It's just CoroCoro reacting to the reveal trailer and asking "What does this mean" to everything and reiterating what we know
jinx goddammit

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
yeah this is literally non news, soul is a known twitter guy that just reads way to deep into everything and is also way too into khu lol

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
This could be easily explained away by the evolution method not being "discovered" yet.

I still think the truth of it is that they do what they have ideas for. That's why we get a bunch of fire/fighting types in a row, or a bunch of fire/ghost types. It's why it took so long for Primeape and Girafarig to get evolutions but Duraladon and Applin got something a gen later.

I have no proof but I'm super convinced that Hisui Qwilfish/Overqwil were conceptualized for SWSH but just didn't make the cut. Qwilfish looks way too much of a good fit for Team Yell's punk aesthetic. Maybe the Galarian Zigzagoon line concept beat it out when they started narrowing the concepts into final designs.

Plus, Overqwil doesn't have any relevance in Legends Arceus like all the other new species do: Kleavor is a Noble, Ursaluna, Wyrdeer, Basculegion, Sneasler are all rides. Overqwil is just sorta there. Like they had the design, wanted to use it, but it wasn't created with a specific purpose/role like the others.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how Sinistcha came about either. It doesn't change much like Wiglett/Toedscool, so I could believe they had a regional form idea for Polteageist hanging around and just reused it.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Playing Pearl for the first time ever (I was a Diamond kid) and Gen IV is just my favourite ever Pokemon art style. If they just made games that looked like this forever I'd be content.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I initially didn't like 3D, but nowadays the pokemon models are mostly great, they even fixed a lot of the initial bad models

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still wish they did more with the "Getting hit" animations. That's a remnant from the Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution days that added so much personality to each pokemon in battle.

0f5351cbd77ea44b8cff0a6b77860888.gif

bk9rz2z3ac531.gif

Complain about how it slows down the pace of battles all you want, it's still less time than all the "Stats dropped", "Stats raised", "Buffeted by Sandstorm" and Dynamax/Tera animations take.

I still find it fascinating how Arceus gave a the trainer characters a lot of cool animations to work with, and then most of them got dropped for Scarlet and Violet. Guess that's the action elements getting dropped being the cause of that though.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I hope they continue updating old models and animation for more older mons. The Kanto starters and ho-oh and Lugia are so much better it's crazy. And I love the new idle for Eelektross for example. Gen 9 modeling is the best it's ever been and i have faith they'll improve it next gen since it seems high priority visuals wise

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Finally went back to working on my Living Dex for the first time since.... X/Y?

Those Mythicals are really going to be a nightmare aren't they? Looks like in the time I stopped paying attention I missed out on Magearna, Marshadow and Zeraora.

Ironically Magearna would be given to me in home if I complete the dex, which... I can't do without Magearna right? 😅

Also, I'm tempted to pay for the Pokémon Go event, just to get my hands on a Marshadow to transfer to home, but it feels pretty dirty to just be dropping money for it for some reason :/

Am I screwed for the other two? I know you can get Magearna via a QR code in one of the 3DS era games, but I've no longer access to Bank, so I wouldn't be able to transfer it higher into home even if I did grab it now.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Finally went back to working on my Living Dex for the first time since.... X/Y?

Those Mythicals are really going to be a nightmare aren't they? Looks like in the time I stopped paying attention I missed out on Magearna, Marshadow and Zeraora.

Ironically Magearna would be given to me in home if I complete the dex, which... I can't do without Magearna right? 😅

Also, I'm tempted to pay for the Pokémon Go event, just to get my hands on a Marshadow to transfer to home, but it feels pretty dirty to just be dropping money for it for some reason :/

Am I screwed for the other two? I know you can get Magearna via a QR code in one of the 3DS era games, but I've no longer access to Bank, so I wouldn't be able to transfer it higher into home even if I did grab it now.
GO debuts mythicals in paid research during GO Fest first then roll 'em out for free for all players later. You shouldn't need to pay for Marshadow.

You could snag Magearna with the QR code but yes, if you haven't installed Bank before you can't download it now.

If someone touch traded you your missing mythicals, you'd unlock the Original Magearna gift.