What's getting announced for Pokémon Day?

• Pokémon Gold & Silver Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 129 39.8%
  • Pokémon Black & White Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 171 52.8%
  • Another expansion for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • Pokémon Black 3 & White 3

Votes: 39 12.0%
  • A new Mystery Dungeon

Votes: 37 11.4%
  • A new Pokémon Spinoff

Votes: 88 27.2%
  • Re-releases of the Gameboy titles

Votes: 87 26.9%

• Total voters

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Hard to believe they care much about players when their last release - Part 2 DLC - was so bad.
I'm not even talking about performance, game design choices to artificially extend play time in absolutely dreadful ways and locking content(that we paid for!) behind online.

For all the problems recent Pokémon games had, at least I had fun. The DLC sucked out all of it, didn't finish it and haven't even tried out the epilogue.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hard to believe they care much about players when their last release - Part 2 DLC - was so bad.
I'm not even talking about performance, game design choices to artificially extend play time in absolutely dreadful ways and locking content(that we paid for!) behind online.

For all the problems recent Pokémon games had, at least I had fun. The DLC sucked out all of it, didn't finish it and haven't even tried out the epilogue.
You mean having you play with friends to unlock the Starters, which is a very minor thing in the grand scheme of things

Pokémon content has long been locked behind social play? Since Red & Green. Why's it an issue now?

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
You mean having you play with friends to unlock the Starters, which is a very minor thing in the grand scheme of things

Pokémon content has long been locked behind social play? Since Red & Green. Why's it an issue now?
Just because they had bad practices before, doesn't justify them now.

Reminder that this is a paid DLC, not a free update. The main appeal for most is access to Legendaries and rare Pokémon, fooling people by putting extra barriers besides the price of DLC is nothing more than anti-consumer.

I repeat this is already on top of their artificial scarcity of Pokémon to sling people to buy DLCs, both game versions, etc...

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just because they had bad practices before, doesn't justify them now.

Reminder that this is a paid DLC, not a free update. The main appeal for most is access to Legendaries and rare Pokémon, fooling people by putting extra barriers besides the price of DLC is nothing more than anti-consumer.

I repeat this is already on top of their artificial scarcity of Pokémon to sling people to buy DLCs, both game versions, etc...
Did you say the same of Dynamax Adventures? Some Legendary Pokémon were "locked out" unless you played with friends

You're attempting to assign an intent that isn't there too.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Did you say the same of Dynamax Adventures? Some Legendary Pokémon were "locked out" unless you played with friends

You're attempting to assign an intent that isn't there too.
They were? Are you talking about difficulty and that needing players?
Because that's completely different from literally needing to pay for online to unlock content advertised in the paid DLC.
So no, I never said that about Dynamax Adventures. Dynamax solo is doable even if difficult.

Regarding intent like you said: they have stuff like this since Red/Blue. They try to squeeze extra bucks from us since the start.

At most the extra mile here isn't centered around greed but incompetence by not having quality material like the Dynamax Adventures to entertain the players.
Incompetence by the suits I must add, the developers likely are in a very ungrateful position with tight timelines.

Hopefully this extra gap year for development is a sign they'll be turning their words into actions.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
The BP grind in Indigo Disk is just there to incentivize people to pay for NSO. It isn't rocket science

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Because that's completely different from literally needing to pay for online to unlock content advertised in the paid DLC.
So no, I never said that about Dynamax Adventures. Dynamax solo is doable even if difficult.

Regarding intent like you said: they have stuff like this since Red/Blue. They try to squeeze extra bucks from us since the start.

At most the extra mile here isn't centered around greed but incompetence by not having quality material like the Dynamax Adventures to entertain the players.
Incompetence by the suits I must add, the developers likely are in a very ungrateful position with tight timelines.

Hopefully this extra gap year for development is a sign they'll be turning their words into actions.
I'm talking about some Legendaries being version exclusive unless you play with someone from the other game hosting it.
The BP grind in Indigo Disk is just there to incentivize people to pay for NSO. It isn't rocket science
Yeah, Game Freak love to force people to pay for something they get zero revenue from

t67443

Oct 30, 2017

BBQs solo is doable even if difficult.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Aren't some legendaries locked behind group quest?
Three of them are entirely locked behind social play yes, while others are version exclusive as to which is solo and which is group

www.serebii.net

Snacksworth & Legendary Pokémon- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Snacksworth & Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet for Nintendo Switch. Details how to get each Legendary

Just like how in the Ultra Wormholes some Legends were locked behind you having say both Reshiram and Zekrom while only one of the two was in your game

OP
OP
WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The BB grind is absolute garbage design. Just makes me mad thinking about it. Like they wanted to do MMO style quests or something like Pokémon Go and took all the fun out of it while also locking stuff behind it. Just an absolute miserable and tedious experience.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I already believe the SV DLCs were both bumped by two months

But yeah, the "gap" year fits. If Legends Z-A is early/H1 2025, that means it had the same dev cycle as both Legends Arceus and SV...yet people feel it means they're "taking longer"

We'll see how things play out
I'm curious why you think ZA is early 2025 as opposed to Spring/Summer, feels like they are being deliberate in having no footage yet and not putting early 2025 in the reveal unlike PLA

Also most people are more interested in the undeniable gap year for Gen X rather than legends(assuming a holiday 2026 release)

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm curious why you think ZA is early 2025 as opposed to Spring/Summer, feels like they are being deliberate in having no footage yet and not putting early 2025 in the reveal unlike PLA

Also most people are more interested in the undeniable gap year for Gen X rather than legends(assuming a holiday 2026 release)
I think Spring is highly likely. I never disputed that. Literally said H1 2025 in that post haha

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm sure the reason they just said 2025 for PLZA is so they have wiggle room in case something goes wrong

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
My dream is that Delibird gets a regional form where it runs a deli instead of delivering mail. Have it shoot prosciutto out of its ass idk

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the BB quest were plain horrible, terribly designed.

Having grindy missions in RPGs can be fun, but they need so much more variety and not the same 10 kinds of missions over and over again.

Also, as a comment, all the last Pokémon adventures have had a very different core gameplay loop

PLA, then base SV, then THToAZ. It makes me excited to find out what the main gameplay objective of PLZA will be, as again I'm respecting something brand new.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the BB quest were plain horrible, terribly designed.

Having grindy missions in RPGs can be fun, but they need so much more variety and not the same 10 kinds of missions over and over again.

Also, as a comment, all the last Pokémon adventures have had a very different core gameplay loop

PLA, then base SV, then THToAZ. It makes me excited to find out what the main gameplay objective of PLZA will be, as again I'm respecting something brand new.
It being set in a city certainly gives it plenty of opportunity to so something completely different, that's for sure.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
the new Pokémon Types boxset of Pokémon Primers will be out in October, or you can get the individual books already. This time it's Rock, Flying and Fighting

711JRbtM-KL._SL1500_.jpg

the irony
dragonite.png

They're also releasing Ice, Dark and Normal in October

71ApRPvT5tL._SL1400_.jpg

713ebrPLlFL._SL1400_.jpg

71-VIpLXRNL._SL1400_.jpg

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Anybody watch YouTube and get that ad for the Yamper plush? Weird it never has any sound with it.

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany 🇩🇪
2024 might be one of the years with the fewest amount of Pokémon releases.

That's what it feels like at least. I mean, is there anything else announced for this year besides that mobile TCG thingy?

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
2024 might be one of the years with the fewest amount of Pokémon releases.

That's what it feels like at least. I mean, is there anything else announced for this year besides that mobile TCG thingy?
Nope

You can check out a year for year timeline here:

Pokémon Timeline | Serebii.net

A timeline of all milestones and releases from Pokémon's beginning in 1996 to now

Shows what came out in what year including web series, Pokémon Center openings etc.

However, do note Detective Pikachu Returns wasn't shown or confirmed for last year until the June Direct

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
They're going to announce Pokémon Conquest 2 at the next event.

They'll probably just show off that mobile card collecting thing again.

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany 🇩🇪
Nope

You can check out a year for year timeline here:

Pokémon Timeline | Serebii.net

A timeline of all milestones and releases from Pokémon's beginning in 1996 to now

Shows what came out in what year including web series, Pokémon Center openings etc.

However, do note Detective Pikachu Returns wasn't shown or confirmed for last year until the June Direct

Woah, i would have never imagined that, even if you limited it to games, that 2022 would be among the years with the least amount of releases, even tough it had two main line releases

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I assume TCG Pocket will be the big thing they push this year. TCG is huge, so TCG duel links has insane sales potential

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished a PLA full rerun and man, we really, really need more fights like this one (Volo) in every game. Even having done it several times it's still fun to fight. I hope they add a few like this one to ZA.