• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's getting announced for Pokémon Day?

• Pokémon Gold & Silver Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 126 40.8%
  • Pokémon Black & White Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 168 54.4%
  • Another expansion for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Pokémon Black 3 & White 3

Votes: 39 12.6%
  • A new Mystery Dungeon

Votes: 36 11.7%
  • A new Pokémon Spinoff

Votes: 85 27.5%
  • Re-releases of the Gameboy titles

Votes: 80 25.9%

• Total voters

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
GO debuts mythicals in paid research during GO Fest first then roll 'em out for free for all players later. You shouldn't need to pay for Marshadow.

You could snag Magearna with the QR code but yes, if you haven't installed Bank before you can't download it now.

If someone touch traded you your missing mythicals, you'd unlock the Original Magearna gift.

Ahh interesting! I'd taken a long break from GO as well, so didn't realise I'd have a chance with Marshadow at a later date as well.

Thanks for the info! :)

OP
OP
WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
WRij6D2.jpeg

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I guess the Kanto news is to bring back 'the casuals' who've dropped off after basically the first year or so and those who still somehow only care about the original 151, but can't deny I'm a bit disappointed by the news.

Why not drop the many missing Pokés from like.. Galar instead?

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany 🇩🇪
I'd be more excited about having Kanto back in the Spotlight if it meant that legendaries could be encountered in the wild, but ain't no way Niantic would pass on that sweet sweet raid pass money to have people run down the street to catch the Moltres that spawned in the nearby Park.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Those horrendous looking avatars will be forced for everyone and there are different environments when encountering a Pokémon. Those look good but will probably drain the battery even more.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the Kanto news is to bring back 'the casuals' who've dropped off after basically the first year or so and those who still somehow only care about the original 151, but can't deny I'm a bit disappointed by the news.

Why not drop the many missing Pokés from like.. Galar instead?
The galar starters still not being in the game is really weird

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Those horrendous looking avatars will be forced for everyone and there are different environments when encountering a Pokémon. Those look good but will probably drain the battery even more.

I already have these; I guess it was a gradual rollout moving to everyone? I don't mind the new backgrounds, but yeah I have noticed more battery drain with their addition. And sometimes they completely obliterate the framerate for 5 seconds or so when entering an encounter.

The avatars look like aliens being viewed through a goldfish bowl lens, it's utterly bizarre.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I just don't like him and I want to see newer players win. Also his whining and supposedly unintentional sicking of his fanbase on a player last August when that player figured out it was him laddering under a pseudonym, and them copying his team, when it was just a regular ass Reg A team that everyone and their mother had seen before really pissed me off.

Also I don't want another Amoongus distribution.
Amoonguss has grown more powerful as a direct result of that match.

View: https://twitter.com/TheKingVillager/status/1780152571774079378

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I had the new background screens months ago, but they were different, or at least the biomes were mapped differently. From home, and most places nearby, I would mostly see tall buildings.

Screenshot-20240129-113745.jpg
Screenshot-20240129-182444.jpg

Screenshot-20240130-105407.jpg
Screenshot-20240130-162716.jpg

Screenshot-20240204-143401.jpg
Screenshot-20240205-181233.jpg

Screenshot-20240208-171110.jpg
Screenshot-20240214-180213.jpg

Screenshot-20240220-190245.jpg

Right before the Sinnoh Tour rolled out in my city, I joined a remote raid the night before, and the new backgrounds were still on for me
Screenshot-20240223-190239.jpg

But the next morning they were back to the old thing
Screenshot-20240224-161209.jpg
Screenshot-20240224-172529.jpg

It took several weeks before I got the new screens again, but this time they were different. Now I rarely see tall buildings anymore even though I live in an urban zone with very few green areas.

Screenshot-20240316-163028.jpg
Screenshot-20240324-215307.jpg

Screenshot-20240330-152642.jpg
Screenshot-20240330-161925.jpg

Screenshot-20240319-185535.jpg
Screenshot-20240319-190124.jpg

Sometimes rocks get in the way, but it hasn't happened that often to me
Screenshot-20240319-160810.jpg

Battles also look different
Screenshot-20240328-185557.jpg

I wonder how they're gonna handle or if we'll ever get special themed backgrounds again like in Halloween or Christmas. These were from last year
Screenshot-20231019-164133.jpg
Screenshot-20231020-224911.jpg

Screenshot-20231220-072643.jpg
Screenshot-20231218-175858.jpg

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
How's it for your phone performance and your battery life?

In my Honor 50 I haven't noticed much of a change, I mean, I was already playing with the Enhanced Graphics and Native Refresh Rate, so it does run the battery quickly compared to let's say last year, but not a big difference since the screen update.

But in my older phone which is a Huawei P Smart 2019, it does run much slower and it gets hot, and I've already missed some raids catches because it gets all laggy in the end (don't know if it's related to the new backgrounds or if it's a separate issue). It's not like totally unplayable but you do notice the difference.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
If anyone wants something fun to do, ya'll should check out pokerogue. Been playing it sometimes and its super fun. Basically a pokemon roguelite. Its been going around the VGC community which is how I heard about it..

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's a Pokémon presents in May announcing a remake for November. It feels so odd there not being a new packaged game for Q4 in Japan. Christmas is huge for boxed games there, there not being a new Pokémon for the second year in a row feels strange.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's a Pokémon presents in May announcing a remake for November. It feels so odd there not being a new packaged game for Q4 in Japan. Christmas is huge for boxed games there, there not being a new Pokémon for the second year in a row feels strange.
I'd be very surprised considering there is no reason it wouldn't have been announced on Pokemon day.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I'd be very surprised considering there is no reason it wouldn't have been announced on Pokemon day.
There could be multiple reasons. A: not wanting to compete with the new legends game announcement hype cycle. B: Nintendo delaying Switch 2 and reshuffling a lot of games. I can't imagine there not being a game this holiday season. Metroid is a game Japan absolutely does not care about. That can't be the only new game for Japan

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I wish I could pay money to return the old avatars in Go. This is even worse than I feared. My avatar looks horrible :(

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Did I miss a new feature?

Also I don't think it's registered for me in years that when you click a Pokemon near/in water, there's no water background...is it just the regular grassy background? I am drawing suck a blank right now

I haven't been to the beach in a while, so I don't know how accurate it is. Other than that most bodies of water at shopping malls or parks give me the river biome. Heck, I get the river biome in some places where there isn't even water around.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I'd put money down that there is no game this year. The only "evidence" for it is Khu yapping about it, but given his record lately I highly highly doubt it

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany 🇩🇪
Does anyone here play Pokerogoue?

I started yesterday, and even tough it's not finished, its the most addicting Pokemon-Fangame i've played in a long time.

I almost finished a run yesterday, but got defeated on Stage 182 in the most iwronic way imaginable.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I got to 145 on my third attempt and got stomped, but it took so long to get even that far that I didn't really want to keep going.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Does anyone here play Pokerogoue?

I started yesterday, and even tough it's not finished, its the most addicting Pokemon-Fangame i've played in a long time.

I almost finished a run yesterday, but got defeated on Stage 182 in the most iwronic way imaginable.
I've had like 6 cleared runs of classic(and a bunch more losses lol), trying to grind up some passives and unlock some more legendaries before I take on endless. Its a lot of fun

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
We have had years before without a new mainline Pokemon. Last year we had the dlc which has clearly been the "replacement" for third versions/sequels. There is just no reason to believe there is a game coming for ZA.

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany 🇩🇪
Is it a Pokémon roguelike? That's an interesting idea if so.

Yes it is!

You're battling from stage to stage earning items that either buff you for a few battles or for the rest of the run.

Pokemon you catch will be unlocked as starters and repeated catching will allow you to get more candies which will lessen the cost of adding Pokémon to your team or even unlock a second ability for them.

Dynamax, Terra and Megas are available.

Not everything is implemented properly right now, but it does show a lot of promise.

Also, update: I just lost my vest run so far, made it to stage 195. The fight there is brutal. But it does seem to be near the end from what I can tell.

I'm gonna do another attempt tomorrow

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is!

You're battling from stage to stage earning items that either buff you for a few battles or for the rest of the run.

Pokemon you catch will be unlocked as starters and repeated catching will allow you to get more candies which will lessen the cost of adding Pokémon to your team or even unlock a second ability for them.

Dynamax, Terra and Megas are available.

Not everything is implemented properly right now, but it does show a lot of promise.

Also, update: I just lost my vest run so far, made it to stage 195. The fight there is brutal. But it does seem to be near the end from what I can tell.

I'm gonna do another attempt tomorrow
I tried it out. A lot of fun. I can't get past the rival battle at stage 25...

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
oh right, I always forget Earth Day is a thing, I thought it was an esoteric passover reference somehow lmao