What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I regularly see Yellow above RBG in ranking lists. With regard to XY, I actually agree with you (I love XY, personally), but people shit on it from orbit.
Yellow is a bit better but ranking higher for a few changes doesn't make much sense. And I'm not sure if you understood correctly but I meant USUM is a lot better than XY, the amount of content alone is on another level. I don't hate XY either by the way.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
yea, everyone is moved to a higher resolution texture. they have high quality source files for every pokemon

Is this why there's weird stuff like Persian having weird lines drawn on the texture around its chest, hind legs, and tail, but Alolan Persian is just modelled?

053-00.png
053-61.png

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Is this why there's weird stuff like Persian having weird lines drawn on the texture around its chest, hind legs, and tail, but Alolan Persian is just modelled?

053-00.png
053-61.png
That's just in GO (not sure about Let's Go) because of the dull shading it uses so they had to manually add lines on some Pokémon when it didn't look good enough. The 3DS games are normal

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I found USUM's story to be disappointing compared to vanilla SM, I still found it to be a more enjoyable game to play through due to the pokémon selection and boss rosters

But USUM is worse than SM because something something story!
Honestly, I can see why people who liked SM's writing dislike USUM, the best part of SM's plot (Lusamine being top contender for worst parent of the century) is just awkwardly thrown out for the sake of accommodating Necrozma's role in the plot, and the Ultra Recon Squad ended up being unremarkable. That's not even mentioning how SM was basically screaming for a plot sequel a la Gen 5.

I personally put USUM in the same tier as SM since none of the original's problems are really improved.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yellow is a bit better but ranking higher for a few changes doesn't make much sense. And I'm not sure if you understood correctly but I meant USUM is a lot better than XY, the amount of content alone is on another level. I don't hate XY either by the way.

Oh, you meant that USUM is better than XY! That's not something I think I've ever heard before.

Are the people putting vanilla RB above LGPE being ironic

I mean, I love the roaming Pokemon mechanic (LOVE LOVE LOVE it), and I don't mind ditching random battles in the least bit. But the motion controls are an abomination, and refusing to support alternative controls outside of a single JoyCon is such an outspokenly moronic decision that I can't personally put a single other Pokemon game below it. The pitiful development resources necessary to make that happen combined with the 50% price hike, and the reality of how alienating it is to players with accessibility needs... I mean, on handhelds there was no excuse, but Game Freak had every opportunity to do right by those players on the Switch. I mean, even for players without accessibility needs... Just let me use a damn pro controller.

This is a remake of a gen that has already been remade, and now it's got a higher price tag. Like, sorry, you're gonna have to do a little better than that.

But that's just me. And I'm someone who finds a lot of the negativity surrounding Pokemon games to be massively overblown. When it comes to LGPE, however, I really can't dispute it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, you meant that USUM is better than XY! That's not something I think I've ever heard before.
I mean check the rankings that have been posted and most people agree with me :p
USUM has better story, better characters, better graphics, better region, way more content and post-game content, much higher difficulty, better music. It has worse level design and worse online functionality but that's pretty much it.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean check the rankings that have been posted and most people agree with me :p
USUM has better story, better characters, better graphics, better region, way more content and post-game content, much higher difficulty, better music. It has worse level design and worse online functionality but that's pretty much it.

I stand corrected. I guess I just never really paid much attention to whether people prefer XY over SM/USUM. The only real argument I'd heard one way or the other was that ditching the PSS was a massive step back, and that Festival Plaza specifically is terrible.

I would absolutely agree that SM/USUM's story is quite a bit better than XY's, though Game Freak clearly had different objectives in that regard between those two titles.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, that's a yes then?

Hell fucking yeah the OG is way better then those shit stain remake games.

I am disable. Playing one of those games gave me a ton of issues while playing the other gave me none.

Let's Go is the kind of boring I can't describe because of how easy it is.

Fuck that catching system , fuck motion controls, fuck force motion controls, and fuck the fact Game Freak required you to catch wild Pokémon using that shit catching system with that ass motion controls to get any form of proper experience. Because exp from battles are a joke in Let's Go.

Not to mention the technical issues I've had with motion controls with that game.

LemonLime

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
S rank: Emerald, Platinum
A: Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl
B: ORAS, Yellow, Sun/Moon, US/UM
C: Red/Blue, G/S/C, HG/SS, B/W, B2/W2
D: X/Y
E: Let's Go shite

You're definitely in the minority, man. I don't know of too many people who think ORAS was a better game than HG/SS, but hey there's nothing wrong with that!

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Let's Go drops wild battles which is a huge negative. It has way less bugs than the originals though, and *checks notes* following Pokémon. But it has weird motion controls and it even cuts some things like fishing, the Safari Zone... It looks better, but not good enough. RB at least have the retro look going for them. All in all they're probably even, but I'll never buy Let's Go just to vote with my wallet. The demo was extremely boring.

Lumines

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't give LGPE the benefit of the doubt given how much it removes. It's basically a downgrade from a remake we already had in 2004.

I mean, I'm just sort of mystified there are some out here putting those games ahead of it. It takes some high ass tolerance to go back to those utterly broken games devoid of any QOL features introduced from subsequent entries.

Seeing some blowback here about the motion controls though. Can't speak for that since I exclusively played LGP in portable mode, which was seemingly the better way to play it.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are the people putting vanilla RB above LGPE being ironic
I didn;t make one of these lists, but I would put RB over LGPE. Being the first means they get more leeway in terms of flaws (And oh boy do they have flaws). I would even put them over GSC despite them being technically better games, although I would argue that RB are more fun to actually play than GSC.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
S rank: Let's Go, Emerald, Platinum
A: Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl
B: ORAS, Yellow
C: Red/Blue, HG/SS, B/W, B2/W2
D: X/Y, Sun/Moon, G/S/C, US/UM

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
The LGPE soundtrack is definitely on the lower side too. Masuda most of the music to feel like you're in a "peaceful world", but most use the same instruments and it doesn't work on tracks like Silph Co., Cinnabar Mansion, Lavender Town, and Mt. Moon.

I'm looking forward to going back to variety with Sword/Shield.

I do like the non-Gen I tracks like GO Park.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn;t make one of these lists, but I would put RB over LGPE. Being the first means they get more leeway in terms of flaws (And oh boy do they have flaws). I would even put them over GSC despite them being technically better games, although I would argue that RB are more fun to actually play than GSC.

I'm curious what did you find more fun about RB over GS?

Silver along with XY represent the most fun I've had with Pokémon games because of the PSS and the connection to Stadium. Not saying that the games aren't great on their own.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what did you find more fun about RB over GS?

Silver along with XY represent the most fun I've had with Pokémon games because of the PSS and the connection to Stadium. Not saying that the games aren't great on their own.
I kinda hate gen 2 Pokemon. The levels of the wild Pokemon are atrocious, the distribution of wild Pokemon sucks (So many new Pokemon are locked to the post game), it has some of the worst gym fights in the series (Just think about how many of the Johto gym leaders actually had a Johto Pokemon as their signature one), and Kanto is a shell of it's former self.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate gen 2 Pokemon. The levels of the wild Pokemon are atrocious, the distribution of wild Pokemon sucks (So many new Pokemon are locked to the post game), it has some of the worst gym fights in the series (Just think about how many of the Johto gym leaders actually had a Johto Pokemon as their signature one), and Kanto is a shell of it's former self.

Fair complaints. Not much I can say if that's how you feel.

It's strange. When gen 2 launch I didn't know anything about Pokémon generations like I do now. Hell, I didn't know what a Pokémon generation was until I came back to the series with XY. I just took gen 2 as a direct sequel to gen 1. Like it was never meant to be it's own independent things just a extension/continuation to Kanto. Because I was young and didn't know about Pokémon generations and I thought like that in my mind Johto was one of the best sequels to come out for a video game ever! Lol.. even today I still have a hard time mentally considering gen 2 it's own thing and gen 1 without Johto. I was excited to find a Houndour on my way to Kanto.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
???

The whole point is that HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of Gold and Silver, but did that stop Game Freak from implementing Crystal content into the game? Same with FireRed and LeafGreen implementing Generation III's QOL additions, as well as new additions such as the Sevii Islands, and some post-game story. By your logic, the content additions should never have happened because HGSS are remakes of GS and FRLG are remakes of Red and Blue, and it's "simple as that."

Trying to argue that ORAS being remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, and thus, it's okay for Game Freak to ignore all other content that is part of the same Generation, is facile when you consider that remakes are designed to be the definitive way to experience the Generation. There's a reason why people are disappointed that ORAS decided to put a Battle Frontier tease instead of the actual Battle Frontier (knowing full well that we will never get a sequel), and there's a reason why people weren't all that happy with ORAS's story when Emerald was superior with the inclusion of both Team Aqua and Magma. You cannot handwave that away by suggesting that it wasn't supposed to be a remake of Emerald, not when previous remakes made it their job to be crammed with content.
Way to put words into my mouth.
I never told anyone to not be dissapointed with the games. Infact, I'm also bummed that they didnt put the battle frontier in. I'm not arguing about that. What I'm saying is, "less content than the game they're remaking" is still factually incorrect, because the game isnt aiming for Emerald in the first place. Which I know, is dissapointing. I would prefer that Emerald content to be in their too, but that doesnt make that statement correct in any stretch of the imagination.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
To change the topic to something (hopefully) more positive, what is everyone's favorite area shown so far for SWSH? Mine is probably the snowy city, I'm a sucker for Christmas-y looking stuff lol. I love the lights.

JEYoE1t.png

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
To change the topic to something (hopefully) more positive, what is everyone's favorite area shown so far for SWSH? Mine is probably the snowy city, I'm a sucker for Christmas-y looking stuff lol. I love the lights.

JEYoE1t.png
The Steampunk city, especially if it has that music from the direct. It's not something we've really seen in a Pokemon game before.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

JEYoE1t.png

Ice is my favorite type so I tend to like the snow/ice/cold areas more than the others.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know that XY obviously had a third version and was incomplete when we're going into the third gen in a row with the franchise having to fix it.
XYZ anime had to do ALL the lore for Zygarde as the game did nothing for it.
SM game had to force the whole Zygarde quest for him to be obtainable in something.
Now it's looking like SwSh is going to have to give more lore to Kalos thanks to its connection to Galar.

3 gens in a row fixing that game.

the OG games have an excuse (age)

LG doesn't. it's the same game with worse catching and is even easier
Also, og RBGY has a decent art style and sprites imo. LGPE presentation is soulless.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Do you think we'll see a new evolution of Eevee? I hope for a Ghost type.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost would be great, so would flying

Poison and steel Eevees would be too broken tho
not any more than regular poison and steel types (which aren't broken at all). besides, if they keep the stats teh same way as the other eevee's they might not be that good anyway (sylveon was decent until more fairies came into the mix)

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019

JEYoE1t.png
Tough choice between the snowy city (big fan of Ice-types and winter in general) and the cave/mine they briefly showed.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
If there was ever a new Eeveelution, it needs to be fast.

Jolteon and Espeon are the only two that have more than 100 speed.

Make it physical as well. The best attempt at that so far was Leafeon but it's not that good outside of the sun.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Since we are getting new games, I was thinking about the next eevee form. Looking at what we have now and how they were released, we can see that there is a good chance for specific types:

Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon

Espeon
Umbreon

Leafeon
Glaceon

Sylveon

Everytime they released a new evolution it was always a set that had a type advantage until Fairy came out.

From this idea, I am saying that there is a very good chance that this time it can be a poison and/or dragon type to complete a set. Either one or two new forms.