• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For real? I looked around the options and couldn't find anywhere to change them. I mean, I already have a complete Mythical and Legendary collection, but the inverse gyro is what totally put me off exploring any further for rare pokes.
Yeah, the way to do so is legitimately stupid though. You have to go to the GameFreak building in HeaHea City and talk to one of the people in there and they'll give you the option to use the circle pad

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm actually not convinced that the stadium thing we saw was part of a soccer style sport minigame. I still think it's a revamped Pokemon League where we fight other trainers (Elite 4 or maybe others) in a huge stadium like we see in the anime.
I came to the same conclusion

It's just done this way because of how much the UK obsesses with football so they obsess with Pokémon battles. Why people think "Oh it's football", I have no idea.
These days I always quit Pokemon after sorry, I do miss some sort of end game content but most of them are filler stuff like in Lets Go.
Nowadays post-game content in Pokémon is still story focused

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the way to do so is legitimately stupid though. You have to go to the GameFreak building in HeaHea City and talk to one of the people in there and they'll give you the option to use the circle pad
Ah of course. Perfectly logical GameFreak lol. Thanks for clarifying this for me, I can go explore a bit further now :)

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Are we expecting them to reveal every single feature and Pokémon family before launch again?

I know I am. Now with the internet and dstsminrrs there's no point in holding out game info.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Are we expecting them to reveal every single feature and Pokémon family before launch again?

I know I am. Now with the internet and dstsminrrs there's no point in holding out game info.
Eh, I don't think they will. Some Pokémon were not revealed before launch in S/M, they'll do something like that again.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here are the Pokémon which were not officially revealed by the time Sun and Moon came out;

Trumbeak
Toucannon
Crabominable
Mareanie (its picture appeared on the side of a TCG booster box, but no official reveal)
Toxapex
Dewpider
Araquanid
Shiinotic
Salazzle
Golisopod
Dhelmise
Cosmoem
Marshadow

So yeah- every legendary was revealed.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Here are the Pokémon which were not officially revealed by the time Sun and Moon came out;

Trumbeak
Toucannon
Crabominable
Mareanie (its picture appeared on the side of a TCG booster box, but no official reveal)
Toxapex
Dewpider
Araquanid
Shiinotic
Salazzle
Golisopod
Dhelmise
Cosmoem
Marshadow

I mean technically Necrozma, Kartana and Celesteela were only revealed officially in Japan 1 day before launch

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean technically Necrozma, Kartana and Celesteela were only revealed officially in Japan 1 day before launch
Wasn't Necrozma featured in the last news broadcast that had the starter Z-Moves in it?

Kartana and Celesteela perhaps weren't revealed worldwide, but they were still out there by the time the games came out.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't be a game freak game without an incredibly dumbass way to do something simple

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Trumbeak
Toucannon
Crabominable
Toxapex
Dewpider
Araquanid
Shiinotic
Salazzle
Golisopod
Dhelmise
Cosmoem
Marshadow

Yeah, thank you. I was looking for that list.
I hope they hide enough this time.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wasn't Necrozma featured in the last news broadcast that had the starter Z-Moves in it?

Kartana and Celesteela perhaps weren't revealed worldwide, but they were still out there by the time the games came out.
Not in the trailer but in the press release 2 days before launch, yeah

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair they haven't gone all the way and revealed stats and movepools for Pokemon before launch, that stuff is usually up to dataminers (especially stats, since determining them can be a bit of a pain till post game otherwise). It would be neat if Gamefreak would start revealing base stats ahead of time, but I imagine we'll have to wait for the game launch as usual.

TheGarlic

Feb 8, 2019
Man, I sure do hope they reveal the final starter evolutions soon, cause my role play to become the very best trainer I do every night is gonna be delayed until I know what sobble will look like.... I mean for personal reasons. 😅

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the Grookey gang and I am prepared to be disappointed with its final evolution. The last two gens I have absolutely made my decision based off of the final evos and if I can avoid doing that this gen I'm gonna try. Don't know if I'm equipped to to avoid Pokémon reveals like Neo though

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair they haven't gone all the way and revealed stats and movepools for Pokemon before launch, that stuff is usually up to dataminers (especially stats, since determining them can be a bit of a pain till post game otherwise). It would be neat if Gamefreak would start revealing base stats ahead of time, but I imagine we'll have to wait for the game launch as usual.
Stats are never revealed. Pre or post launch, Game Freak has never recognized stats as numeric values. They don't want to treat Pokémon as data.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Stats are never revealed. Pre or post launch, Game Freak has never recognized stats as numeric values. They don't want to treat Pokémon as data.

Oh I know this, I just would 't mind a change is all!

At the very least, we can estimate stuff from trailers and screenshots sometimes. We got pretty close with the starter Pikachu and Eevee stats for example.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If not numerical maybe a "x out of five" bars like I recall some official guide books and the like doing that were aimed at a younger crowd. That way you get a general impression what they focus on without the nitty gritty. "Oh this Pokemon is slow but Special Def."

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Why people think "Oh it's football", I have no idea.

Maybe because the trainer is seen wearing a football uniform?

If he was still wearing his normal clothes, or other kind of costume that hinted at "sports" in general or some kind of new fancy thingy like the one for Poké Rides in Alola, everyone would've assumed it was just a normal stadium like the ones from the anime. But why would the trainer have to change his clothes to a soccer uniform out of all things? Or why don't we see him outside the stadium wearing that outfit?

I mean, after all, it's just a costume, and it doesn't confirm anything, it is even most likely going to be optional, but with the precedent of Trials instead of gyms in Alola, I don't find that crazy that most of us thought about a new soccer-inspired mechanic replacing the gyms after watching the trailer (which I'm totally not excited about if it's the case).

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

Ah i remember that night when the Sun and Moon stats leaked and Slow Alola became a thing.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It really does feel like the reveal was forever ago at this point, I honestly have to remind myself sword and shield are a thing sometimes. Weirdly the fact that we got a full reveal makes it easier to forget unlike gen 7 because we have way less questions that need answered in general.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really does feel like the reveal was forever ago at this point, I honestly have to remind myself sword and shield are a thing sometimes. Weirdly the fact that we got a full reveal makes it easier to forget unlike gen 7 because we have way less questions that need answered in general.
At least our expectations aren't as high thanks to them not showing concept art that will go unused

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Maybe because the trainer is seen wearing a football uniform?

If he was still wearing his normal clothes, or other kind of costume that hinted at "sports" in general or some kind of new fancy thingy like the one for Poké Rides in Alola, everyone would've assumed it was just a normal stadium like the ones from the anime. But why would the trainer have to change his clothes to a soccer uniform out of all things? Or why don't we see him outside the stadium wearing that outfit?

I mean, after all, it's just a costume, and it doesn't confirm anything, it is even most likely going to be optional, but with the precedent of Trials instead of gyms in Alola, I don't find that crazy that most of us thought about a new soccer-inspired mechanic replacing the gyms after watching the trailer (which I'm totally not excited about if it's the case).
He's wearing a single throwing glove though, implying that a Pokemon battle is about to take place. I'd say football is very unlikely to be involved.

And while trials may have mixed things up, they didn't add new mechanics from what I remember. Rather they repurposed familiar ones.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017

Well, Armoured Mewtwo looks to be a thing, coming to the actual games and possibly tied into Go soon as the coding hints at it.

Last edited:

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Well, Armoured Mewtwo looks to be a thing, coming to the actual games and possibly tied into Go soon as the coding hints at it.

Yup. Now I'm 100% expecting Armored Mewtwo to be an actual form implemented into the main games.

Wheter this means Armored Evolution is real though, that's a whole different topic.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

There are lots of things in GO that aren't in the main games. Look at the 20 Spinda forms for example, and the various hat Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu

As I have said. Armored Mewtwo is in the movie. If it was a new thing such as Armored Evolution, they'd have hidden the name. The first merchandise listing for Armored Mewtwo this year predates the Armored Evolution rumour.

They registered the trademark for Armored Mewtwo. They didn't register any trademarks for specific Mega Evolutions or Alolan Forms, however.

This is almost certainly a tie-in for the movie

I legitimately don't know if Armored Evolution is a thing at present, but this doesn't add up to it in my view.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We are overdue for a movie trailer and next week's Pokénchi does have a movie focus.

Last year we had Lugia arrive in GO to coincide with the prebooking of tickets for last year's movie. Prebooking of tickets for this year's movie start Friday

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
There are lots of things in GO that aren't in the main games. Look at the 20 Spinda forms for example, and the various hat Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu

As I have said. Armored Mewtwo is in the movie. If it was a new thing such as Armored Evolution, they'd have hidden the name. The first merchandise listing for Armored Mewtwo this year predates the Armored Evolution rumour.

They registered the trademark for Armored Mewtwo. They didn't register any trademarks for specific Mega Evolutions or Alolan Forms, however.

This is almost certainly a tie-in for the movie

I legitimately don't know if Armored Evolution is a thing at present, but this doesn't add up to it in my view.
I interpeted this similarly and I would argue that it's more likely that armored Mewtwo (and perhaps therefore armored evolution as a whole) is nothing more than a movie thing - simply because why would they debut a new form in Pokemon Go before the main games? At least, if it is a new form, we'll hear about it being in the main games very soon.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I'm leaning more towards Armored Mewtwo just being an Ash Greninja type of situation, i don't think armored forms is a thing at all.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I interpeted this similarly and I would argue that it's more likely that armored Mewtwo (and perhaps therefore armored evolution as a whole) is nothing more than a movie thing - simply because why would they debut a new form in Pokemon Go before the main games? At least, if it is a new form, we'll hear about it being in the main games very soon.
I mean to play devil's advocate, they introduced Meltan in GO before main games.

However, if this is Armored Mewtwo in GO, I would argue that it puts that Armored Evolution rumour into further question.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
An Ash-Greninja-like variant of Mewtwo would make sense as this movie's event giveaway. If it's GO-only I'd be surprised, seems like the kind of thing they'd want to stick in Let's Go with a possibility of transferring to future gens.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
An Ash-Greninja-like variant of Mewtwo would make sense as this movie's event giveaway. If it's GO-only I'd be surprised, seems like the kind of thing they'd want to stick in Let's Go with a possibility of transferring to future gens.
All depends whether Bank will connect to Let's Go. We're getting a movie distribution on Friday for Mewtwo

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

I can't believe we're getting yet another Mewtwo form.

They're really going to have to sell me on Armored evolutions, because I can't see this as anything other than another short lasting gimmick intended to spice up battles.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I can't believe we're getting yet another Mewtwo form.

They're really going to have to sell me on Armored evolutions, because I can't see this as anything other than another short lasting gimmick intended to spice up battles.
All evidence points to this just being a thing for the movie at this time.

There is zero evidence at this time that this will carry over to the main games

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
D3fOTH9XkAoLShk.jpg
This is another merch sheet. Notice Armored Mewtwo is listed in a similar manner to Copy Charizard, Copy Blastoise and Copy Venusaur