Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also it should go without saying that despite really not liking a lot of what's done in Sw/Sh sending death threats or harassment to developers is never ok and people who do so are assholes.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Oh sorry if I was spiteful against harassers saying they'd deserve more Pokémon to be cut. I'll try to be more mindful next time.

I like the fact that we had to mention that we don't condone harassment or threats or lazy dev rhetoric to avoid being lumped in with bad actors because we don't get the benefit of the doubt even on this forum, yet you think it's ok to throw out statements out of spite without any distinction that it was against harassers and try to backpedal on it 6 pages later.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really the people who pushing the #nationaldex have zero willingness to do a real protest. The people I spoke to who uses the hashtag have no interest of going to Nintendo in person.

My personal experience with friends is the same. We aren't happy about the decision and won't pay 60USD for the games, but we aren't harassing anyone or attacking them online.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
can some confirm if it is true or not that they (The Pokemon Company) have not actually told Japanese fans that there is no national dex and it's reduced amount?

life long Pokemon fan here still getting the game. I am just wondering from a Communication point of view if there had been anything said to Japanese fans,because based on my research apparently they had not been made aware and had been asking Pokemon via twitter to provide a list of Pokemon not in the game as it may effect their purchase.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really the people who pushing the #nationaldex have zero willingness to do a real protest. The people I spoke to who uses the hashtag have no interest of going to Nintendo in person.
Yes. When people mean protest they just mean they wouldn't buy the game as well as spreading the word about missing pokemons, missing features, etc.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I like the fact that we had to mention that we don't condone harassment or threats or lazy dev rhetoric to avoid being lumped in with bad actors because we don't get the benefit of the doubt even on this forum, yet you think it's ok to throw out statements out of spite without any distinction that it was against harassers and try to backpedal on it 6 pages later.

I mean, a substantial part of this forum just switched from using "lazy dev" to "unambitious dev" once the no lazy dev rethoric rule came into play, without actually changing anything they said or meant.

Also real nice to continue hacking away at people that got banned and couldnt even answer.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can some confirm if it is true or not that they (The Pokemon Company) have not actually told Japanese fans that there is no national dex and it's reduced amount?

life long Pokemon fan here still getting the game. I am just wondering from a Communication point of view if there had been anything said to Japanese fans,because based on my research apparently they had not been made aware and had been asking Pokemon via twitter to provide a list of Pokemon not in the game as it may effect their purchase.
This is false as far as I know. The Japanese fanbase knew.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
All the pokemon still exist and will continue to exist and can be still used in multiple games. Some just don't appear in Galar.

It's hard not to care about what others value when any pokemon discussion since E3 has been dominated with what others value. Very loudly.
Shinx hasn't been in a regional dex for 13 years. If the games were operating under this system people who like Shinx would still be paying for a subscription to keep their Luxray stored until the day comes where they can use it.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

I'm rather sure there was a Famitsu article?

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017

it's untrue. They knew same time we did.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017

Well it hasn't been officially announced anywhere, if you don't really follow pokemon you might not even know about it.

Like, my cousin gets every pokemon game, even let's go and when I told him the other day I wasn't going to get gen 8 with him because they removed the pokemon he told me they'd be adding them later with home like they did with bank.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it's as widely known about as people think it is.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Two dozen embarrassing dumb people can ruin a big event for all.

In the end it will not even help their strange cause of this people. Its just more publicity for the new game and will raise its sales.

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
GF deserves all critics they get, except the ones with death threats (which is still speculation).

Also I don't get why some people in this forum gets offended when other people critizice GF or other companies. Can't we do that?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Shinx hasn't been in a regional dex for 13 years. If the games were operating under this system people who like Shinx would still be paying for a subscription to keep their Luxray stored until the day comes where they can use it.

The olive branch approach would be for them to make other games that allow you to use all the legacy pokemon

But as of now the closest thing we have is Pokemon Go

No Battler like Stadium or side adventure or traditional mobile game/remake etc

Maybe that will come down the pipeline someday

Personally I would like to see the mainline continue to push boundaries. Maybe even start over

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
GF deserves all critics they get, except the ones with death threats (which is still speculation).

Also I don't get why some people in this forum gets offended when other people critizice GF or other companies. Can't we do that?

You can't do anything anymore.

You spent thousand of dollars over the years in Pokemon merchandise? You have no right to critizice any decision taken by GF!

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
This was expected at some point as it has angered alot of fans, they have to come out one day and face the music. The way they have been avoiding this isn't good.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Uhh the critics have been doing that

Ad Nauseum for weeks and weeks in multiple threads with hundreds of pages

Do you critics think that the populance of Era is not keenly aware of where the critical stance is at this point? I'm NOT saying stop posting about it but have some self awareness

Last edited:

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you critics think that the populance of Era is not keenly aware of where you stand at this point? I'm saying stop posting about it but have some self awareness
It's worth bringing up again, especially since the leaks have shown how severe the Pokémon and feature cuts have been.

Don't equate an actual developer with a single poster's nonsense.
do developers not post on era

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Do you critics think that the populance of Era is not keenly aware of where you stand at this point? I'm saying stop posting about it but have some self awareness

Who are you to gatekeep discussion and criticism of the games? chill out.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I would like to see the mainline continue to push boundaries. Maybe even start over

Honestly I think a lot less people would be bothered by the cuts if they even attempted to start to push boundaries, for a lot of us the series has been incredibly stagnant for years and a cut like this with basically nothing to show for it isn't very inspiring about the future of the series.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The olive branch approach would be for them to make other games that allow you to use all the legacy pokemon

But as of now the closest thing we have is Pokemon Go

No Battler like Stadium or side adventure or traditional mobile game/remake etc

Maybe that will come down the pipeline someday

A stadium like game actually does sound like a semi-decent solution.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think a lot less people would be bothered by the cuts if they even attempted to start to push boundaries, for a lot of us the series has been incredibly stagnant for years and a cut like this with basically nothing to show for it isn't very inspiring about the future of the series.

Agreed

I remember at the initial reveal a lot of us were hoping for something a lot more disruptive and were ultimately disappointed

Thats where I am at with Sword and Shield. We don't even need to touch the Dexit topic to address my criticisms with the game lol

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
God damn the Pokemon fandom is embarrassing. Game Freak's decision makes complete sense.

Fuck your Bulbasaur.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Do you critics think that the populance of Era is not keenly aware of where the critical stance is at this point? I'm saying stop posting about it but have some self awareness
Again people aren't saying we're forbidden from doing so it's that many insist we're wrong or childish for doing so. Often lumping everyone who complains together regardless of how there handling the situation.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Bear in mind I'm not a regular pokemon player but is this a case of the game having larger scope (bigger more complex 3D world) and same development time? Also, if they add pokemon with every game, surely something has to give at some point? It's not sustainable. In an isolated system, entropy will always increase etc.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Reminder of who some of these #dexit are like

Again people aren't saying we're forbidden from doing so it's that many insist we're wrong or childish for doing so. Often lumping everyone who complains together regardless of how there handling the situation.

Case in point above. Sure it says "some" but the intent is there. There's just as many outrageous takes on the "other" side. One of those is below.

God damn the Pokemon fandom is embarrassing. Game Freak's decision makes complete sense.

Fuck your Bulbasaur.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird, the yearly pokemon world championships happened after dexit without a hitch. Masuda was there too.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first "console" Pokémon game was supposed to be a triumph for the series but instead it's a half-baked uprezzed 3DS game that doesn't even include half of the Pokédex.

9b95b2b.jpg

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The original main defence was "Now that they're free of all the Pokemon they can put work into other things, just wait and see". Detractors including myself were very skeptical that this would be the case, and have been proven right. This whole saga has played out very predictably and so the constant "well maybe"s get really old really fast.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The original main defence was "Now that they're free of all the Pokemon they can put work into other things, just wait and see". Detractors including myself were very skeptical that this would be the case, and have been proven right. This whole saga has played out very predictably and so the constant "well maybe"s get really old really fast.

No way to could adopt and make a truly ground breaking new game in the time they are usually given

They need to be given the freedom other devs have been afforded to make their leaps in their respective series in this generation shift

Not sure Game Freak will allow that to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.