Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news here is that mods have been policing the dexit topics very well with multiple bans for both sides, so if someone is still able to post in this topic that means they weren't being toxic.
I mean the larger community out side of reset. I will say certain pokemon forums have indeed push those people out cause they need to be focus on criticism of the game and not make ludicrous accusations.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Am I buying Pokémon sword and shield next week yes

am I ashamed at game freak for failing to repair for the future, yes

will I give them a free pass this time, yes

will I accept this for future games, no

they are a billion dollar company there is no excuse for any of this

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
are we doing the GG comparisions again? the movement that targeted minorities?
Those kind of post miss the intention behind both GamerGate and these complaints so hard that they make me dismiss everything else in them.

There's a difference between voicing your disapproval behind a product, even when people end up harrasing the devs, and people masquerading as virtuous while consciously targeting minorities for supremacist reasons. Both situations are extremely shitty, and people get harrased in both, but the gravity of the intent is not even in the same ballpark.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
As someone looking at it more from the outside but was curious to play the first Pokemon since Red and Blue:

Why are GF not reigned in by Nintendo? Surely they should be aware of the shitshow right now?
I'm super disappointed at them cutting pokemon but if this your first since red and blue don't that but you off.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Incoming "this wasn't a deal-breaker for you so you're not allowed to criticize it!"

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
While I'm frustrated that half the pokemon roster has been downright deleted. The amount of shit being thrown at the devs is undeserved.

They said this was an intentional design decision and the producer and director were going to be there, so they're the ones most responsible for the decisions. It's natural and expected that they would get attention over this controversy if they attended. It's for the better that this is cancelled honestly, just like when the Game of Thrones directors skipped media events to not have to comment on their decisions. Now there are rumors that even
online trading
has been gutted in the game. They got twice the development time for this mainline game and it's got less features than other hardware debuts like X/Y.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers have been increasingly embarassing of late.

Gamers acting like spoiled babies throwing tantrums over Epic Game Store exclusives.
Gamers acting like spoiled babies throwing tantrums over Death Stranding review scores.
Gamers acting like spoiled babies throwing tantrums over Game Freak being "lazy".

People need to grow up, jeez. All of this is getting out of hand. It's been getting increasingly more embarrassing.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They said this was an intentional design decision and the producer and director were going to be there. It's natural and expected that they would get attention over this controversy if they attended. It's for the better that this is cancelled honestly, just like when the Game of Thrones directors skipped media events to not have to comment on their decisions. Now there are rumors that even
online trading
has been gutted in the game. They got twice the development time for this mainline game and it's got less features than other hardware debuts like X/Y.
I know all of this as I've kept relatively up to date with all this mess.

I'm showing my disapproval by not buying the game, I'm overloaded with the backlog anyways, got Death Stranding coming in the mail today and Luigi Mansion 3.
If I ever feel a Pokemon itch I'll simply go back to Let's Go! I guess. :P

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon is definitely in a tough spot when it comes to the games (meaning if some might want to push the games way further in growth). It's such a huge multi media franchise that they all pull the strings to the games. There's different companies involved and many talking heads. It's hard to blame just Game Freak or Nintendo or both or Pokémon Company alone. Who knows who says what. They have to meet deadlines and the series is basically yearly. It doesn't allow the franchise to go where some fans would like to see or might've thought it would've been already.

They would need more development teams kind of like how Call of Duty has 3? studios developing games for a few years each I believe. I'm not sure the size of their teams though.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Another day, another one of these threads. Shit gets flung at both sides and its never any fun.

Once again: expressing criticism is perfectly fine as long as you're not being a total asshole about it, we don't even know whether or not this happened because of the backlash, either.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Another day, another one of these threads. Shit gets flung at both sides and its never any fun.

Once again: expressing criticism is perfectly fine as long as you're not being a total asshole about it, we don't even know whether or not this happened because of the backlash, either.
Would be amazing if after twenty pages of us yelling at each other, it comes out that the reason it was cancelled was something pretty benign.

*cut to ERA trying to murder each other with broken table legs and bats with nails and then looking confused*

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
You don't think there's a good reason. I won't argue with you, not worth the time.
I mean, there really isn't a "good" reason.

There's a totally understandable reason, which would be mismanagement, but there's nothing in this game specifically that should make anyone think cutting over half of the dex (and some of the most iconic Pokémon) out of the game is worth it.

Like, full, future proofed 3D models of every Pokémon up through gen 6 were made for X/Y ($35 3DS games). Yet, they can only put 400 in for these $60 home console releases? Are we getting like, expanded post game for this? (No). How about better roster balance? (No). How about redoing the models and animations for the 400 returning Pokémon. Stuff like new stances, significantly more battle animations, animations that help them move naturally in the world? (No).

Enjoy the game. I'm sure it'll be fine, and totally in line with the past few years of the franchise. But come on, there's really no defense for this.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If you still want to experience it but you disagree with their actions, you could always buy it used. Will save you a penny and will still send your message.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They said this was an intentional design decision and the producer and director were going to be there, so they're the ones most responsible for the decisions. It's natural and expected that they would get attention over this controversy if they attended. It's for the better that this is cancelled honestly, just like when the Game of Thrones directors skipped media events to not have to comment on their decisions. Now there are rumors that even
online trading

I would change that to

GTS getting gutted, and online trading is worse

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Let's Go recepetion last year was really bad, but this is even worse, kinda feel bad to be honest, first mainline HD console Pokémon should have been a big celebration of the IP.
Me and my brother still are getting a copy next week, it'll make trading painless.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
If you still want to experience it but you disagree with their actions, you could always buy it used. Will save you a penny and will still send your message.

This is what I was going to do, buy it used so that GF got none of my money, then transferred all the new pokemon along with my old ones to the first """real""" pokemon game on switch when that came out.

Except they came out and said that this will be what the series is like going forward, so there's nothing there for me anymore, it isn't doing anything different in terms of gameplay so all I have left is my collection and I don't want it stuck on my phone.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now all of a sudden rumors like this are taken as fact and not just spreading "misinformation"? Y'all crazy.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I would change that to

GTS getting gutted, and online trading is worse
Is there any legitimate reason why this is being kept under spoiler tabs? It's not a spoiler in the traditional sense, and maybe people should know about it, especially if it turns out the functionality is locked behind a Home subscription.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any legitimate reason why this is being kept under spoiler tabs? It's not a spoiler in the traditional sense, and maybe people should know about it, especially if it turns out the functionality is locked behind a Home subscription.

Idk. Just responded to a spoiler with a spoiler tag reply.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
''I'd like to be disappointed on the spot after buying the game, without being spoiled, please.''

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It's pretty clear Game Freak need more teams at this point so that one can work on the next generation games for an extended period of time while the other deals with the requisite remakes and third versions. I know they already work on multiple games simultaneously as it is, but clearly they need to do more since for the entire 3DS era these games have been coming out half-baked.
I agree on needing more teams. I know they outsource and have Creatures Inc make the models/animations. But it seems like there's some management issues going on. Their PR has been pretty abysmal this gen.

Even for SwSh, along with what I've learned via leaks, hasn't really left me feeling wowed at all. Just underwhelmed and disappointed with what was lost and not getting much back. Though I kinda wish they weren't in the mindset of developing a handheld experience on a console mentality for SwSh.

Some people are adamant about not being spoiled, even when it comes to gutted content. They'd rather find out about it after buying the game.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
As someone looking at it more from the outside but was curious to play the first Pokemon since Red and Blue:

Why are GF not reigned in by Nintendo? Surely they should be aware of the shitshow right now?

What shit show? Mainline Pokemon games always turn out good and do very well. The fact that people think this is the end result of a long decline as opposed to a single incident shows how much online communities live in a bubble.

I imagine the staff at Nintendo still expect the game to review and perform well, and it's probably not practical to delay it to include a feature that the majority of players aren't using. Maybe change will happen after we get an actually bad game, we'll see

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Are y'all for fucking real?

Imagine if the same courtesy extended to EA and the like.
That's another frustrating thing, none of this stuff is told to us before release.

How many returning Pokémon will there be?
"Wait for the release"
What Pokémon will be cut?
"Wait for the release"
What features will be cut?
"Wait for the release"

The fact that we've had to rely on leaks to learn this stuff before the game's launch is crazy.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Japanese fans have been calling Masuda a "psychopath" so this is really not a surprise

Shameful.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
That's another frustrating thing, none of this stuff is told to us before release.

"Wait for the release"
"Wait for the release"
"Wait for the release"

The fact that we've had to rely on leaks to learn this stuff before the game's launch is crazy.

A general rule of thumb for Pokemon games is that all those new features you liked in the last game aren't in this one and might show up as a watered down version 2-3 games later.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
What shit show? Mainline Pokemon games always turn out good and do very well. The fact that people think this is the end result of a long decline as opposed to a single incident shows how much online communities live in a bubble.

I imagine the staff at Nintendo still expect the game to review and perform well, and it's probably not practical to delay it to include a feature that the majority of players aren't using. Maybe change will happen after we get an actually bad game, we'll see
Again, as I said I look at it from quite the distance. But canceling an event in fear of protests doesn't sound like it's all fine and dandy over there...

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018

"Wait for the release"
"Wait for the release"
"Wait for the release"

Yeah. I think that contributed to the bad feelings towards the game. If they had actually been open and honest it may have gone a little better

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there really isn't a "good" reason.

There's a totally understandable reason, which would be mismanagement, but there's nothing in this game specifically that should make anyone think cutting over half of the dex (and some of the most iconic Pokémon) out of the game is worth it.

Like, full, future proofed 3D models of every Pokémon up through gen 6 were made for X/Y ($35 3DS games). Yet, they can only put 400 in for these $60 home console releases? Are we getting like, expanded post game for this? (No). How about better roster balance? (No). How about redoing the models and animations for the 400 returning Pokémon. Stuff like new stances, significantly more battle animations, animations that help them move naturally in the world? (No).

Enjoy the game. I'm sure it'll be fine, and totally in line with the past few years of the franchise. But come on, there's really no defense for this.
Didn't you hear? Because other people on the internet took it too far we aren't allowed to voice our criticism anymore.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I feel for gamefreak. Working for 3+ years on their first hd game by the main team and than get treated like shit.

I mean did people really expect we would have a pokedex of 800+ pokemon in a single game?

Maybe they should have just do a clean break and only do new pokemon.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I feel for gamefreak. Working for 3+ years on their first hd game by the main team and than get treated like shit.

I mean did people really expect we would have a pokedex of 800+ pokemon in a single game?

Would love to see that

But they might have to have another team make legacy side games to keep the fanbase satiated. I don't think Pokemon Go is gonna cut it

Didn't you hear? Because other people on the internet took it too far we aren't allowed to voice our criticism anymore.

Spare me. None of you have been silenced and have had the dominate voice on the forum for weeks. Enough with the victim complex

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017

The last game had 807, there was 0 doubt that the new games would have them all before it was announced they wouldn't.

That was one of the main arguments whenever someone complained about how let's go lacked a lot of pokemon, even just evolutions of gen 1 pokemon could be added, but "you'll get your game next year"

I personally think they should do a clean break, then slowly roll out the old ones, atleast that way we might actually get something different, that's not what's happening here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.