• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
anyone reckon they might give us more info on the first expansion on pokemon day? Seems like a good time for it

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's probably only a handful of game IPs with large enough brand awareness where they have a large enough demographic that will just buy their games because they have the IP names plastered on the box.

If that were true then any game with Pokemon on the box would sell gangbusters but that's not the case.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
If that were true then any game with Pokemon on the box would sell gangbusters but that's not the case.
I did think about expanding on that, but I figured it was a given that even most causal players or parents have enough sense to at least ask retailers for the new main series version of popular IP games, the point is that they aren't concerned with the details of the contents of the game. Is the name on the box? Check. Is it the "next/new" main game? Check. Bought.

Cheppito

Oct 30, 2017
Can't open new topics, so I'll share this here. About Pokemon Sword & Shields leaks. It's official, Nintendo has also made an statement

To our readers,​

At the beginning of November, a series of off-screen photographs leaked multiple new and unannounced Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. We want to take this opportunity to openly admit to our readers that FNintendo was responsible for leaking some of these photos.​

Nintendo offered us a copy of the game for review purposes, with clear embargo guidelines, to which we agreed. This copy was then sent to one of our reviewers, who leaked the information. Following the investigation, FNintendo severed its relationship with this reviewer.​

Our relationship with Nintendo Portugal dates back 11 years, but our part in this leak is a clear breach of the confidentiality agreement between us, and, as a result, a total breach of trust with Nintendo.​

We recognise it is impermissible to break embargo guidelines and we failed to handle the review materials with sufficient care. We fully respect Nintendo's decision to cancel the confidentiality agreement between our companies as a result of this breach of trust, and accept that we will no longer receive products from Nintendo, nor will we be invited to attend their events.​

We want to apologise to Nintendo and The Pokémon Company, and to our readers for letting them down.​

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
They really should name the reviewer so they never get hired anywhere again ever.
I liked FNintendos coverage, its rare to find nice and consistent sites with access outside the anglosphere, them loosing access sucks, and i would hate to see that leech move on to potentially destroy another nice site.