• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What's happening is years of a frustrated community feeling ignored and being told that their opinions don't matter because the game still sells finally reaching boiling point.

It was always going to get messy. But c'mon Japan Turner's design are the only truly great thing in SS

There is no fucking way the GTS is gone. In this current age, it would basically kill the game outside Japan.

Like I'm pretty down on Pokémon Sword and Shield and I still am not cynical enough to believe that Gamefreak would take out the GTS.

"They would never remove Pokémon"

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
There is no fucking way the GTS is gone. In this current age, it would basically kill the game outside Japan.

Like I'm pretty down on Pokémon Sword and Shield and I still am not cynical enough to believe that Gamefreak would take out the GTS.
You say that, but after the Dex cut, nothing is sacred in this franchise anymore.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

D-L-uQCXUAEJddG.jpg:large

This one needs updating.

And I would not be surprised if GTS is now tied to Home, the real question then is if Home is a subscription service again.

giphy.gif

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

You should know by now that no feature is safe from Game Freak's axe. Now that they are cutting Pokémon, nothing is off limits.

Having to make HD console games on the same schedule they made handheld software is always going to lead to corners being cut.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
I'm
D-L-uQCXUAEJddG.jpg:large

This one needs updating.

And I would not be surprised if GTS is now tied to Home, the real question then is if Home is a subscription service again.

giphy.gif
It's possible that Home has the GTS along with other features but we don't know that yet. In fact, we know next to nothing about Home other than it is "Bank + Some more features", that it is releasing next year and that it will on phones and on the Switch

And it being on smartphones simultaneously points me to the fact that this won't be some elaborate and feature-filled service. Rather, it's more likely to be a Bank service that has a couple of activities and connectivity with Sw/Sh, Lets Go, Go and ability to transfer old Pokemon from Gen 7. But given the Gallar Culling, all the Pokemon that we transfer forward from Gen 7 into Home that are not in the Galar dex are effectively stuck in Home until Gamefreak decides them to be worthy of being in another game.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm

It's possible that Home has the GTS along with other features but we don't know that yet. In fact, we know next to nothing about Home other than it is "Bank + Some more features", that it is releasing next year and that it will on phones and on the Switch

And it being on smartphones simultaneously points me to the fact that this won't be some elaborate and feature-filled service. Rather, it's more likely to be a Bank service that has a couple of activities and connectivity with Sw/Sh, Lets Go, Go and ability to transfer old Pokemon from Gen 7. But given the Gallar Culling, all the Pokemon that we transfer forward from Gen 7 into Home that are not in the Galar dex are effectively stuck in Home until Gamefreak decides them to be worthy of being in another game.
That last fact is gonna hit like a truck and really open people's eyes when Bank closes down. At some point yoh won't be able to transfer them over once the 3DS loses online capability, which I suspect will happen by winter 2020 or early 2021.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if there are trainers in the Wild Area? I just realised that you go through half the routes in the game before the second gym. A bit worried about the overall size of the adventure.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
That last fact is gonna hit like a truck and really open people's eyes when Bank closes down. At some point yoh won't be able to transfer them over once the 3DS loses online capability, which I suspect will happen by winter 2020 or early 2021.

Fortunately I have 4 copies of Gen 7 (S/M/US/UM) so I withdrew all my pokemon from Bank after E3 and put them in my Alola games. They're all enjoying the Pokepelago now and they'll be staying there for the foreseeable future

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
the limited pokedex is one thing since the reasoning behind it makes sense
removing the trade system I don't even understand. Is it being moved to the Home app?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Fortunately I have 4 copies of Gen 7 (S/M/US/UM) so I withdrew all my pokemon from Bank after E3 and put them in my Alola games. They're all enjoying the Pokepelago now and they'll be staying there for the foreseeable future
That's my point, if the 3DS loses its online capabilities its very likely that not even the Poketransporter will work, so not even storing them in the Gen 7 games would be a viable solution.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
That's my point, if the 3DS loses its online capabilities its very likely that not even the Poketransporter will work, so not even storing them in the Gen 7 games would be a viable solution.
That would be an incredible thing to do. So I would either have to transfer them forward within the arbitrary period into Home or risk trapping them in Gen 7 games forever?

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
At some point, we can't expect Nintendo to keep supporting a platform forever. This is going to happen at some point in which you have to make a personal decision. At that point, GF isn't really at fault for choosing to continue in another direction. You'll more than likely be informed well in advance in order to make a decision.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it possible that the GTS functions were reworked and integrated to that Y something system (the one similar to PSS)?

It would make sense for them to streamline everything into one single system, the different systems and types of communication always confused me in the past, as a full grown adult I couldn't understand them and just ignored them, imagine how a kid would feel. It was madness.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i always expect the worse from GF and even i cant believe GTS is gone

settle down folks. we will raise the pitchforks if needed if it somehow happens but i doubt it. we know gamefreak dumb, it always have some sort of (dumb) purpose behind it and this have none. so its hard to believe. its more likely as leo said, they streamlined it like they did with everything else.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People freaking out about GTS realize leaker refuses to click on the online trading menus like Link Battle to avoid connecting to the internet, right?

They even said not to take their word for it that its gone because of that lol.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Question do I need a flying pokrmob or a water Pokémon to use surf or fly?

also how do I use earn watts so you can learn special Pokémon moves thanks

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Watch GTS not being in the game, only to be added in the day 1 patch.

As much as it is a meme to call GF incompetent, despite running a successful franchise that everyone called a fad, I can't see them removing the GTS.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
The idea behind Gigantamax Garbador is that the toys thrown in the trash inside of it Gigantamaxed with the Pokémon, right?

F7R3vqy.png

Then someone tossed a Master Ball.

edit: Also, it's funny to think that...

(Actual story spoilers.)
This of all mons is fought at the climax of the game.

I laughed when I saw the train but I lost it when I saw the master ball who throws that away lol p

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
What I'm curious about is how someone at Gamefreak thought that reusing the godawful Link Code system from Let's Go in Sword and Shield was somehow acceptable, when Link Trades worked perfectly fine (and much better than in Let's Go) in previous generations.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People freaking out about GTS realize leaker refuses to click on the online trading menus like Link Battle to avoid connecting to the internet, right?

They even said not to take their word for it that its gone because of that lol.

It would be a series first to require online connection before seeing a GTS option.

For reference, Ultra Sun and Moon did have GTS as a seperate option to link trade even if you weren't connected online. If you selected, it would then take you through the "You will be connected to the internet" process.

It's a wait and see at this point really. Or at least, hold out until the Datamine. It's just odd we haven't heard a thing about it pre-release at all.

It being tied to Pokemon Global Link which also is being replaced by home makes it seem much more likely to be honest.

Someone compile posts please. There's a fun quote compilation to have when we get the full answers.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
It would be a series first to require online connection before seeing a GTS option.

For reference, Ultra Sun and Moon did have GTS as a seperate option to link trade even if you weren't connected online. If you selected, it would then take you through the "You will be connected to the internet" process.

It's a wait and see at this point really. Or at least, hold out until the Datamine. It's just odd we haven't heard a thing about it pre-release at all.

It being tied to Pokemon Global Link which also is being replaced by home makes it seem much more likely to be honest.

Someone compile posts please. There's a fun quote compilation to have when we get the full answers.
PGL being put to pasture feels like the writing was on the wall and I'm honestly surprised we didn't catch on quicker.

StrikeJP

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know if Gigantimax Pokemon get stats boosts? I know Dynamaxing you get the 50% HP boost. Just wondering if Gigantimaxing does the same, of if it does even more to other stats.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Being a pokemon fan is so goddamn frustrating nowadays with the (seemingly ever increasing) amount of bs we have to put up with

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Seeing people saying they "wouldn't" remove the gts just like they "wouldn't" release a game without all the Pokémon.

Gotta be harsh on this cause I really don't wanna it to be gone and would love to be proven wrong, but I don't see it in ss so I'm still holding on too home.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
The idea behind Gigantamax Garbador is that the toys thrown in the trash inside of it Gigantamaxed with the Pokémon, right?

F7R3vqy.png

Then someone tossed a Master Ball.

edit: Also, it's funny to think that...

(Actual story spoilers.)
This of all mons is fought at the climax of the game.

That train coming out of his ass looks really wrong.

I honestly don't believe it's not intentional.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
That train coming out of his ass looks really wrong.

I honestly don't believe it's not intentional.
The original idea was probably a tail, what with the whole Kaiju theme a lot of these forms have.

Or maybe the train is social commentary on the reliability of UK public transport lol

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Huh, I never really thought about how this gen isn't just the start of never having all Pokemon in one game, but the start of not being able to play old games and transfer your Pokémon forward assuming Bank goes with no solution. Might actually be why that Japanese ad was taken down instead of Dexit.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1573314032218.png

Found a better shot of Gigantamax Grimmsnarl, really like its look, it could just be fanart though, not sure

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I was bored and I decided to count how many Pokémon of each type are available in the Galar Dex. I counted forms with different typings as different Pokémon (like Rotom or armored Zacian and Zamazenta).

Aside from the fact that Rock and Fire got screwed for some reason and Water is, as usual, the most populated group by far, it's a very balanced selection of Pokémon.

brOuhQh.png

(I may have made small mistakes here and there while counting, but I think it's mostly accurate.)

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I was bored and I decided to count how many Pokémon of each type are available in the Galar Dex. I counted forms with different typings as different Pokémon (like Rotom or armored Zacian and Zamazenta).

Aside from the fact that Rock and Fire got screwed for some reason and Water is, as usual, the most populated group by far, it's a very balanced selection of Pokémon.

brOuhQh.png

(I may have made small mistakes here and there while counting, but I think it's mostly accurate.)
I think stuff like this is why Pokemon like Hatterene, Crabrawler, Pincurchin and Grapploct aren't Water type. The sheer amount of Water types in the game is ridiculous compared to the other types so I think there has been a conscious effort to step away from "lives in Water=water type"

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

brOuhQh.png

We need a desert region to balance out the water pokemon

McNichol

Nov 8, 2019
Hey guys, does anyone know anything about gift Pokemon, certain locations of Pokemon, or details about the story?

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, sorry, that was a bit vague. If you don't mind, could anyone tell me what the gift Pokemon are for the games and also, I have heard something about Giga Garbodor being fought at the climax of the game. Does that mean that is where you catch it?
The only gift Pokemon we know about so far is Charmander from Leon after beating the game. The Gigantimax Garbodor belongs to Oleana, it'll be catchable in Raids but we don't know when.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I think stuff like this is why Pokemon like Hatterene, Crabrawler, Pincurchin and Grapploct aren't Water type. The sheer amount of Water types in the game is ridiculous compared to the other types so I think there has been a conscious effort to step away from "lives in Water=water type"
How the hell is Hatterene interpreted as a water type? Is it a squid or something? Crabrawler makes sense or more so than Grapploct cause there are forest dwelling crabs that don't inhabit bodies of water, and Pincurchin is the same as they can be found on rocks outside of the sea. While I get the decision it's always gonna be annoying. If they wanted to move away from living in water=water type, Barraskewda could have been pure fighting or steel instead. A new water/fighting wouldn't have hurt anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.