Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Nope. :). Nothing is region locked any more thanks to the Switch. :)

Technically, every Switch game released in different region is the same Switch game. Language is only determined by whatever it is in the OS. I don't think there would be any way of enforcing region locking in game anymore.
But we can only use one code right? Like if I get this French code and use it, I won't be able to use the one I get in December from the US site.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
My least favorite thing about the DLCs is how the QOL stuff is hidden behind grind, time wasting, and work.

Isle of Armor opens up really cool Move Tutors and ways to raise your Pokemon easier? Yeah, but collecting the Armorite Ore is a chore and good luck with the watts. Bunch of cool new clothing? Yeah, have fun spending exorbitant amounts of money getting it. Want items in the Crown Tundra? Gotta grind through Dynamax Adventures, 11 Dynite Ore at a time.

It's weird, because the base game made so many shortcuts and QOL improvements for us. It was the first time in a long time that I've completed the regional Pokedex.

Especially now that responsibilities are up and time is down, I just don't have time for Pokemon. All that we have is save scumming Dens and Pkhex, which I'm not going to even risk the latter. So all I do is just look at the game, and pass it by because I just cant put in the time.

If they actually keep the level of QoL and enhance it further in the next gen, it could actually reach game changer status.

If the move relearner/nickname changer guy in every center gets EV resetting and hyper training and the shop in each center gets the vitamins, mints, ability items and caps (and they add a cap that makes a stat 0) for the standard P$ currency, then they'll have lowered the barrier of entry to the point to where Pokémon would have competitive multiplayer battles for the first time for many including myself.

They just need to actually carry forward the good elements from their games instead of throwing them out, and not put some of these useful things behind an additional $30 charge and not make us wait months to get them and not release them at the same time as releasing a bunch of old legendaries into the meta to dominate it the same way they always have.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
My least favorite thing about the DLCs is how the QOL stuff is hidden behind grind, time wasting, and work.

Isle of Armor opens up really cool Move Tutors and ways to raise your Pokemon easier? Yeah, but collecting the Armorite Ore is a chore and good luck with the watts. Bunch of cool new clothing? Yeah, have fun spending exorbitant amounts of money getting it. Want items in the Crown Tundra? Gotta grind through Dynamax Adventures, 11 Dynite Ore at a time.

It's weird, because the base game made so many shortcuts and QOL improvements for us. It was the first time in a long time that I've completed the regional Pokedex.

Especially now that responsibilities are up and time is down, I just don't have time for Pokemon. All that we have is save scumming Dens and Pkhex, which I'm not going to even risk the latter. So all I do is just look at the game, and pass it by because I just cant put in the time.

My complaint has nothing to do with the DLCs but with the box space.

With Home I managed to get every Gen VIII Pokémon in their shiny variant (except the locked ones of course, though I did receive a shiny Galarian Articuno lol) But if I want to have a living dex, with all the forms, all the DLC Pokémon, plus the ones that don't appear in the Pokedex but are transferable, I have no room left for duplicates, like shinies or event Pokémon or just my old Pokémon from other games, and it sucks. It feels so restricted and I know that that's the point of Home, but it just doesn't feel the same not having the Pokémon you want to use at any given moment, especially when they've introduced so many forms like Alcremie or the Pikachu.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017

There's an exploit to get money pretty quickly. You can trade watts for Luxury Balls from one of the guys in the Wild Area and then sell those Luxury Balls for a ridiculous profit.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The new tournament thing pays out well too, right? I'm close to buying all the stock in all the stores. But those bags lol. They're like a quarter mil each.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
600px-032Nidoran.png

in all my years playing pokemon i have never noticed that nidoran has a spot under the horn until I was looking at its model in Sw/Sh. I'm looking back at its art and it's always been there. I feel like im going crazy

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow, so I was struggeling with Zygarde for a while. Tried again and we beat him in one round lol. Glad that's over now. Not many left in the dynamax adventures now

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
ive been playing the dlc a heap and really enjoying it, but i seem to have reached somewhat of an impasse. with the max lair, up until now every legendary i versed would be one i didnt have yet, and i thought oh neat theyve made it easier to actually catch all the legendaries. but now all of a sudden (after catching 30 legendaries), i keep running into the same few pokemon over and over, ones ive already caught (half the time its dialga lol).

i know peonia's hints are there to help for this, but i cant figure out what triggers her to offer a new hint?? if i talk to her she just goes on about adventure tips and it seems to be random how often i can buy a hint.

is there any way to work around the RNG and make it easier to fight legendaries i don't have yet?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ive been playing the dlc a heap and really enjoying it, but i seem to have reached somewhat of an impasse. with the max lair, up until now every legendary i versed would be one i didnt have yet, and i thought oh neat theyve made it easier to actually catch all the legendaries. but now all of a sudden (after catching 30 legendaries), i keep running into the same few pokemon over and over, ones ive already caught (half the time its dialga lol).

i know peonia's hints are there to help for this, but i cant figure out what triggers her to offer a new hint?? if i talk to her she just goes on about adventure tips and it seems to be random how often i can buy a hint.

is there any way to work around the RNG and make it easier to fight legendaries i don't have yet?
Have you checked the version exclusives? Could be the only remaining ones aren't in your game.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Have you checked the version exclusives? Could be the only remaining ones aren't in your game.
Oh there's version exclusives in the max lair?! I had no idea lol. Let me go check

edit: huh, whaddya know, I'm only missing exclusive shield ones. However... I DO have latias, Kyogre, and zekrom which are shield exclusive, so they must be ones I caught when playing online. I guess that means that if I play with someone who has shield I can get those guys anyway?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Oh there's version exclusives in the max lair?! I had no idea lol. Let me go check

edit: huh, whaddya know, I'm only missing exclusive shield ones. However... I DO have latias, Kyogre, and zekrom which are shield exclusive, so they must be ones I caught when playing online. I guess that means that if I play with someone who has shield I can get those guys anyway?
Yep. They made it easy to get the version exclusives there. Well as long as you don't get idiot team mates or trolls who attack your Pokemon instead.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
One nice QoL change would be adding enough box spaces to have one Pokemon of each trainer ID so you can win the ID lotto each day.

That's what, a million box spaces?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. They made it easy to get the version exclusives there. Well as long as you don't get idiot team mates or trolls who attack your Pokemon instead.
And even so, if you fail the raid it gets added to your list so you can try again solo or with a different group later. Even if it's an exclusive for the other game.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Playing with transferring Pokemon from Go to Home, and I'm really bothered by the G symbol the Go Pokemon have. Having one mon in my living dex box with the mark and not the others (and the boxes they're in get the mark too!) is making me nuts.

It's like they want to treat Go mons as second class.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I feel like they're trying to get every 'mon on the Switch sooner than later. So, that way they can do away with the previous gens and sever the link to their bank service. RIP
That's why I'm going to do my run through of Ultra Moon here asap and get the last things I need sent up.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Playing with transferring Pokemon from Go to Home, and I'm really bothered by the G symbol the Go Pokemon have. Having one mon in my living dex box with the mark and not the others (and the boxes they're in get the mark too!) is making me nuts.

It's like they want to treat Go mons as second class.
It's a weird idea... It would make more sense if Let's Go pokemon had a visible marker because those haven't been converted to the standard games yet. Go Pokemon can go directly into Sword/Shield.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Yes if you play online you can get exclusives from the other version. I'm very glad about that. Would have sucked if there wouldn't be a way to get them

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
One nice QoL change would be adding enough box spaces to have one Pokemon of each trainer ID so you can win the ID lotto each day.

That's what, a million box spaces?

Only two additional boxes needed to guarantee at least a PP Max each day, though! Let's start with those two, Game Freak, and work our way up to daily Master Balls slowly over the next eight generations.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
The store who provides the Zarude code in my country thought it was a good idea to distribute it in-person during a pandemic and partial lockdown. Yeah..., no.

Any alternatives?

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It took a few days for me to get the code, but I think I did it right when it first went up. The google translate suggests it should only take a few hours.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
The Pokemon Get Challenge campaign starts today in Japan.
www.pokemon.co.jp

トップページ|「幻のポケモンゲットチャレンジ」公式サイト

「幻のポケモンゲットチャレンジ」公式サイト

You buy various Pokemon related things are get points. In particular, if you buy a pack of Pokemon Cards from the "Shiny Star V" collection, there should be a card worth 4 points inside.

You input the code from these point cards into the website, and you'll unlock various in-game items and Pokemon based on your point totals.

The Pokemon are as follows.
1 point -- Genesect
13 points -- Volcarona
23 points -- Marshadow

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
The catch rate on these Skwovet for this weekend's raid event seems to have been set weirdly low. I'm having a lot of trouble catching them even with Repeat Balls and Dusk Balls. Going to be really annoyed if I find a shiny one and it escapes.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The catch rate on these Skwovet for this weekend's raid event seems to have been set weirdly low. I'm having a lot of trouble catching them even with Repeat Balls and Dusk Balls. Going to be really annoyed if I find a shiny one and it escapes.
It's quite common with these shiny events

If you host, it's guaranteed catch
if you are joining online, it's incredibly rare

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
www.pokemon.co.jp

「幻のポケモンゲットチャレンジ」公式サイト

You buy various Pokemon related things are get points. In particular, if you buy a pack of Pokemon Cards from the "Shiny Star V" collection, there should be a card worth 4 points inside.

You input the code from these point cards into the website, and you'll unlock various in-game items and Pokemon based on your point totals.

1 point -- Genesect
13 points -- Volcarona
23 points -- Marshadow

huh would this work on the US copy of the game? I actually have a couple of Shiny V boxes coming

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
huh would this work on the US copy of the game? I actually have a couple of Shiny V boxes coming
The codes for the Pokemon should work. All copies of Pokemon Sword and Shield are the virtually the same game, regardless of region.

But... the codes included in the packs of cards aren't for the Pokemon themselves. You redeem those on the website, and then it'll give you the codes when you've redeemed enough of them. I don't think there are any regional barriers on the website for signing up. Maybe you need to enter a Japanese address? I'm not sure why you'd need to, though, since you're only redeeming virtual goods.

Try signing up on the site and see what happens. :)

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
The codes for the Pokemon should work. All copies of Pokemon Sword and Shield are the virtually the same game, regardless of region.

But... the codes included in the packs of cards aren't for the Pokemon themselves. You redeem those on the website, and then it'll give you the codes when you've redeemed enough of them. I don't think there are any regional barriers on the website for signing up. Maybe you need to enter a Japanese address? I'm not sure why you'd need to, though, since you're only redeeming virtual goods.

Try signing up on the site and see what happens. :)

ahh I see. Well I'll def try it out. Thanks I never would've known if I didn't see that here

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
It's quite common with these shiny events

If you host, it's guaranteed catch
if you are joining online, it's incredibly rare
Except it was happening even when I was the host. I haven't actually found any shiny ones yet, but of the half dozen or so non-shiny Skwovet I've hosted, I've only managed to catch like one or two.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
It's a nice batch of items for these, but these are all items available by the handful already in Crown Tundra. As for the raised Shiny chance... lol. Not counting on it. Last Shiny I got from a raid den was the Magikarp one, and even that one barely.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's a nice batch of items for these, but these are all items available by the handful already in Crown Tundra. As for the raised Shiny chance... lol. Not counting on it. Last Shiny I got from a raid den was the Magikarp one, and even that one barely.
Yeah but this makes it easier and quicker to get those rare berries

Every item and every Pokémon is already available so what would you have them do.
In my experience these promoted dens are not 100% catch for the host.
I'm telling you, from looking at the code, that the Shiny Skwovet is currently set for guaranteed for host and incredibly hard for others

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you, from looking at the code, that the Shiny Skwovet is currently set for guaranteed for host and incredibly hard for others
If the actual shiny ones are guaranteed, that's fine, but that just begs the question about why the non-shiny ones are have such a low catch rate. Like, it's literally just the regional rodent.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
www.pokemon.co.jp

「幻のポケモンゲットチャレンジ」公式サイト

1 point -- Genesect
13 points -- Volcarona
23 points -- Marshadow
I stopped by a convenience store after work and picked up 7 packs of cards.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped by a convenience store after work and picked up 7 packs of cards.

Awesome! I see a Shiny Dragapult card. It took like 6 hours but I finally got the registration email for that site. So now I Just wait for the cards to arrive.
If I could bother you with another question could you tell me how the points system works? Is it an exchange system or a tier system?
For example if I had only 30 points and wanted the Master Ball that would be all I could get, or does entering more codes move you up to your prize tier for redemption?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I keep playing the expansions, doing random chores. I've now nearly completed four playthroughs of the game and all expansions. All Digletts, all outfits purchased, all tms/trs. Nearly have the dojo maxed in one game.

I just keep playing it.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm still hunting for this fucking shiny Lugia.

Been a week on it, and before that I got 5 shiny legendaries super quickly.

The life of a shiny hunter.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah but this makes it easier and quicker to get those rare berries

Every item and every Pokémon is already available so what would you have them do.
Well, there are more berries available in this game than in Sun/Moon. Or at least more accessible. But I was expecting other berries you couldn't get, like the useless PokeBlock berries. You could get like 2 kinds in Sun/Moon.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Awesome! I see a Shiny Dragapult card. It took like 6 hours but I finally got the registration email for that site. So now I Just wait for the cards to arrive.
If I could bother you with another question could you tell me how the points system works? Is it an exchange system or a tier system?
For example if I had only 30 points and wanted the Master Ball that would be all I could get, or does entering more codes move you up to your prize tier for redemption?
Hey there. I'm pretty sure it'll max at 30 points. You'd need to register with a different email and start redeeming points for another set of items. And then, in order to redeem those in-game items, you'd need to have separate save on a different profile.

Question for you, are those cards I got anything special? That shiny Dragapult is pretty rad, but i don't follow Pokémon cards at all.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Hey there. I'm pretty sure it'll max at 30 points. You'd need to register with a different email and start redeeming points for another set of items. And then, in order to redeem those in-game items, you'd need to have separate save on a different profile.

Question for you, are those cards I got anything special? That shiny Dragapult is pretty rad, but i don't follow Pokémon cards at all.

Thanks! Yeah sounds good, we have two saves already as this is a thing for my godson and my own game lol.
So yeah this set is a special set known as "High Class Packs" where you are guranteed at least one special card in every pack. In this case those are the V, Vmax (this is basically Dynamiax forms in the game) or Shiny cards and Amazing Rares.
That Shiny Dragapult is currently goes for around $20, that Kyogre is an Amazing Rare (you can tell by the paint splashes) and is going for about $10. That Shiny Indeedee you have on top of the pile is going for about $10 as well. (This is based in the US, I dont know the aftermarket in Japan). The rest of your V/Vmax cards average about $4-5. In most cases a normal shiny card like your Indeedee is worth more than a normal V card.
This set is on fire right now because theres a Shiny Charizard Vmax card in this set. I preordered them for about $50 a box but its looking like $80-$100 from scalpers now lol.

Last edited:

Fowler

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! Yeah sounds good, we have two saves already as this is a thing for my godson and my own game lol.
So yeah this set is a special set known as "High Class Packs" where you are guranteed at least one special card in every pack. In this case those are the V, Vmax (this is basically Dynamiax forms in the game) or Shiny cards and Amazing Rares.
That Shiny Dragapult is currently goes for around $20, that Kyogre is an Amazing Rare (you can tell by the paint splashes) and is going for about $10. That Shiny Indeedee you have on top of the pile is going for about $10 as well. (This is based in the US, I dont know the aftermarket in Japan). The rest of your V/Vmax cards average about $4-5. In most cases a normal shiny card like your Indeedee is worth more than a normal V card.
This set is on fire right now because theres a Shiny Charizard Vmax card in this set. I preordered them for about $50 a box but its looking like $80-$100 from scalpers now lol.

Forgive me for the silly question, but: Those cards are just cards, right? Like, a shiny Dragapult card doesn't give you a shiny Dragapult in Sword/Shield, right?

1 gift from Dany1899

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Dany1899 Dany1899!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Dany1899 said:
I have got two codes for Zarude, so I am gifting one to the community.
I kindly ask you to enter this giveaway only if you have trouble in getting a code. Thank you!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (EU) Nintendo Switch (EU): Zarude Code - Won by Limabean01 Limabean01 (17 entries)