Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I could see it taking that long for a specific shiny, but thought I would have seen a shiny anything by now. By the balls I've used I'm approximately 65 runs in and haven't had a sniff 😟
With the Shiny Charm, each instance is a 1 in 100 chance. It's quite easy for this to happen

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I could see it taking that long for a specific shiny, but thought I would have seen a shiny anything by now. By the balls I've used I'm approximately 65 runs in and haven't had a sniff 😟
That's bad luck I guess.
But it also took me about 40 adventures until the first shiny appeared.
But a few days ago I had 4 in one sitting. You'll get one, I'm sure 😊

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
It's really annoying not having Pokédex entries for the Ultra Beasts and Legendaries that can be caught in the games.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I'm somewhere on try #3285 (I actually stopped counting past 3000) on trying to get shiny Registeel, one of my favorites. And that's with shiny charm, and +500 knockouts. This has been basically been since Crown Tundra released, done in small bursts at a time. I basically stopped playing the actual game, since I got wrapped in this.

I honestly dont know why I even started this, I have horrendous luck with shines, even with the easiest of them like chain fishing. But now I'm in so deep, quitting would make all of this time spent a massive waste. Talk about draining all the fun out of the game, but I guess thats my own fault thanks to obsessive tendencies.

*Sulks back to shiny hunting Registeel*

2 gifts from boybrushdRED

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from boybrushdRED boybrushdRED!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

boybrushdRED said:
extra Zarude codes. #1 is from Micromania. #2 is from US newsletter. I believe both can be redeemed on any region.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Pokemon SwSh Pokemon SwSh: Zarude code #1 - Won by Bear Patrol Bear Patrol (12 entries)
  • Pokemon SwSh Pokemon SwSh: Zarude code #2 - Won by Nord501 (14 entries)

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Since you can't see if your legendary is shiny until you catch it, does that mean I just have to waste special balls if I want my legendary in a specific Pokeball?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I swear to god if this dynamax adventures AI uses Accupressure ONE MORE TIME.

I've now been through multiple runs where an AI with that move will just use it every single turn in every battle endlessly. I hate this.

theLusitanian

Nov 3, 2017
Is this a good place to ask for Dynamax paths? I'm not shiny hunting, but for the life of me I have not been able to get a single Dialga connect, even though I have done every other legendary exclusive to Sword several times already.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yo quick question: whats hot on GTS right now? Im trying to get Glastier and Regidrago but noone's biting my old-reliable Zen Darmanitan.

Actually, I've been thinking about making a new account to replace the second Urshifu (cuz I dont want Machamps having a free shoutout in my box) so I guess I could just snag them myself, but I think it requires registering it correct? Eh, I knew I should have played the DLC earlier....
EDIT: NOPE nevermind you can cheeze it with throwaway accounts, this makes it super convenient even if I have to replay a chunk of the game.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Yo quick question: whats hot on GTS right now? Im trying to get Glastier and Regidrago but noone's biting my old-reliable Zen Darmanitan.

Actually, I've been thinking about making a new account to replace the second Urshifu (cuz I dont want Machamps having a free shoutout in my box) so I guess I could just snag them myself, but I think it requires registering it correct? Eh, I knew I should have played the DLC earlier....
EDIT: NOPE nevermind you can cheeze it with throwaway accounts, this makes it super convenient even if I have to replay a chunk of the game.
It's been a few months since I last did this, but I've been surprisingly successful with white flower variants of Floette and Flabébé.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
This seems to be the more recently active Pokemon thread, so I'll try here. Does anyone have a Regidrago and Glastrier they could share to help finish my Pokedex? I just need the dex entry. I have a close to complete living dex, with extras of some past event Pokemon and lots of items if there's anything you're missing.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This seems to be the more recently active Pokemon thread, so I'll try here. Does anyone have a Regidrago and Glastrier they could share to help finish my Pokedex? I just need the dex entry. I have a close to complete living dex, with extras of some past event Pokemon and lots of items if there's anything you're missing.
You still need them? I could touch-trade them.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this again, and now I'm stuck on which horse to choose. I think shadow horse looks really strange and ice horse looks better. But I think shadow horse is a lot more fun to use.

Also, I decided to try to get the Thunderstruck mark on Galarian Zapdos. Do I have to chase him into thunderstorm areas, or does the spot he spawns at have to be a thunderstorm?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Any Sword players who'd be willing to help me with trades to fill out my Pokédex? Just finished Shield and all I have left are Sword-exclusives and some trade triggered evolutions.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i think it's basically to just keep looking for them, no special trick. It's only 5 star wooloo's so don't expect it from others, but to refresh raid dens you either need to wait, or beat all available raids in an area. If you have folks you can raid with, you can get more mileage by teaming up (and probably make the raids quicker), but keep in mind only the "host" for each raid is guaranteed to catch the shiny.

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to find a shiny Wooloo raid?

I think there's an era community discord that's probably sharing raids right now, but if you're stubborn like me and try to go it alone:
As above, only bother with 5 star wooloo raids. If you find a 5* wooloo raid the odds are 1/20, usually for events like this they're 1/50.

If joining internet raids:
  • You can force the raid list to refresh more often by swapping cards. While you're actively looking for someone to swap with the (x) to refresh list prompt comes up way more often.
  • You'll need to be quick to get in, the raid spaces seem to fill up fast.
  • The odds of actually catching it from an online raid are poor but not impossible.
  • If you keep seeing the same person again and again, it might be a generous soul repeatedly sharing the same shiny raid.
If looking yourself:
  • They can be any raid spot but only the regular red beams. Ignore the pink ones.
  • They can be summoned with a wish fragment but that's not the most cost efficient method.
  • If you use up every raid spot, a new set respawn. This is AFAIK tracked seperately between the three wild areas, and the non-dlc wild area is the easiest to traverse.
  • If you join an online raid, it randomly uses up a red raid spot in your wild area.
  • If worst comes to worst and you miss out this weekend - you can keep your file disconnected from the internet and they will continue to spawn. They're only replaced by the next set once you go online.
  • If you start an offline raid by yourself and its not shiny, its faster to reset then finish the raid.
  • The odds of catching it are better if you don't let people join as allies - however you can reset to your hearts content if you fail.
Basically:
  1. Search the wild area for red pillars.
  2. Try any 5* wooloo raids offline - if they're not shiny reset to quit out.
  3. If they are shiny, great! Reset until you successfully catch it. Hosting the raids online is a small disadvantage to you, but is helpful to the community.
  4. If none were shiny, or you want more, try online raids until there's no more red pillars in your wild area.
  5. Clear out the remaining pink pillar raids by fighting them.
  6. More red pillars will spawn - go back to step 1.

Wooloo isn't tricky to fight, but its still slow because of the damn shields, so maybe find something to watch while you search.

Last edited:

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think there's an era community discord that's probably sharing raids right now, but if you're stubborn like me and try to go it alone:
As above, only bother with 5 star wooloo raids. If you find a 5* wooloo raid the odds are 1/20, usually for events like this they're 1/50.

If joining internet raids:
  • You can force the raid list to refresh more often by swapping cards. While you're actively looking for someone to swap with the (x) to refresh list prompt comes up way more often.
  • You'll need to be quick to get in, the raid spaces seem to fill up fast.
  • The odds of actually catching it from an online raid are poor but not impossible.
  • If you keep seeing the same person again and again, it might be a generous soul repeatedly sharing the same shiny raid.
If looking yourself:
  • They can be any raid spot but only the regular red beams. Ignore the pink ones.
  • They can be summoned with a wish fragment but that's not the most cost efficient method.
  • If you use up every raid spot, a new set respawn. This is AFAIK tracked seperately between the three wild areas, and the non-dlc wild area is the easiest to traverse.
  • If you join an online raid, it randomly uses up a red raid spot in your wild area.
  • If worst comes to worst and you miss out this weekend - you can keep your file disconnected from the internet and they will continue to spawn. They're only replaced by the next set once you go online.
  • If you start an offline raid by yourself and its not shiny, its faster to reset then finish the raid.
  • The odds of catching it are better if you don't let people join as allies - however you can reset to your hearts content if you fail.
Basically:
  1. Search the wild area for red pillars.
  2. Try any 5* wooloo raids offline - if they're not shiny reset to quit out.
  3. If they are shiny, great! Reset until you successfully catch it. Hosting the raids online is a small disadvantage to you, but is helpful to the community.
  4. If none were shiny, or you want more, try online raids until there's no more red pillars in your wild area.
  5. Clear out the remaining pink pillar raids by fighting them.
  6. More red pillars will spawn - go back to step 1.

Wooloo isn't tricky to fight, but its still slow because of the damn shields, so maybe find something to watch while you search.
Cool, thank you! I played for an hour this morning but couldn't find Wooloo raids, in my area or online (just 2 in an hour) so I thought there might be something up. I'll follow this and try to snag one.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I need to get around to finishing up the DLC lol...haven't played since beating the League upon the original release.

I'm thinking maybe I'll finally purchase HOME (it seems complicated to set up though?), and then restart my file and go for a new playthrough since the game isn't too long if you ignore the Wild Area stuff and get to the DLC with a new team.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Finally found a Shiny Wooloo... and it broke out of my ball. NOOOOOOOOO (this mechanic is and always been crap)

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Always save before entering a Raid, if it breaks out just reload and try again. You can even invite more people to join this way
It was an online raid.

And I just found a second one (also online), which also broke out. Why the shit does Wooloo have such a low catch rate?! This is a Route 1 Pokemon, you can catch it with regular Poke Balls without even damaging it.

EDIT: I'm at 4 found, 4 lost. This wouldn't be so annoying if any part of this whole process wasn't just the worst. Reloading stamps, but can't reload at will so you have to trade cards or surprise trade first, so you can only check once a minute or two. Then 80% of the time all the stamps are full by the time you join anyway. And Max Raids are boring anyway, and what's the point of battling Wooloo if it isn't shiny anyway? So making you redo this a bunch of times, whhhhyyyy

Last edited:

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
It was an online raid.

And I just found a second one (also online), which also broke out. Why the shit does Wooloo have such a low catch rate?! This is a Route 1 Pokemon, you can catch it with regular Poke Balls without even damaging it.

As a warning, the shinies in these events do not have their natural catch rate. I don't know what the replacement rate is though, it varies with the events.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you find one of the "special" shiny raids in yours (i.e. not a natural shiny), I think it's a guaranteed catch though, isn't it? Otherwise I've been getting very lucky across events, lol.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Straight up, if you don't want to do discord or exploits but also don't have any plans to go online with Pokemon Sword/Shield in the next few weeks, the most non-excrutiating way to grind for the event shinies is to have every wild area near max spawn capacity and then just do a quick tour each day until that 2% chance shows up.

If you raid with AI partners, the catch is guaranteed IIRC, and you can save before checking any 5* Wooloo den anyway.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I need to get around to finishing up the DLC lol...haven't played since beating the League upon the original release.

I'm thinking maybe I'll finally purchase HOME (it seems complicated to set up though?), and then restart my file and go for a new playthrough since the game isn't too long if you ignore the Wild Area stuff and get to the DLC with a new team.
If you're interested in a living dex you need to play the DLC twice to pick the other legendaries. Something to keep in mind if you're replaying the game anyway. You can just make a new Switch profile and transfer the Pokémon into the same Home account.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah I forgot there's multiple save files now through that method.

Hey has the community come to a good ruleset for a Nuzlocke in Sword and Shield? How does the Wild Area factor in, and the fact you can see Pokemon on the overworld now?

Still haven't got Home. Probably need to get on that...not sure how my Pokemon Bank Account is doing lol.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
If you find one of the "special" shiny raids in yours (i.e. not a natural shiny), I think it's a guaranteed catch though, isn't it? Otherwise I've been getting very lucky across events, lol.
I believe the shiny raids have been, with maybe one or two exceptions towards the beginning, 100% for the host, and one of the ones on the lower side for guests.

It can get really frustrating when you don't find shiny send for yourself. Repeatedly connecting and disconnecting from the internet can at least keep the cards pretty fresh, but the matchmaking system is abysmal and having half a dozen shinies escape from repeat balls feels terrible.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As a warning, the shinies in these events do not have their natural catch rate. I don't know what the replacement rate is though, it varies with the events.
Just to clarify this

Each event Raid is given a value for catch rate between 0 and 56. The values are different between host and people joining

Guaranteed Catch
Common
Medium
Hard
Very Hard
Incredibly Hard
Can't catch

Guaranteed Shiny Pokémon slots typically are Guaranteed for host and Hard to Incredibly Hard for everyone else

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Does anyone know if Pokémon Home random trading is as hacked shiny filled as it is in Sword/Shield? A friend and I meant to trade last week when we and a couple other friends got together but we all ended up drinking a lot more than playing games lol and his work hours are weird.

So now I'm looking into making a Home account to fill out my Shield Pokédex but I'm worried about hacked Pokémon. I always released them immediately in Shield for fear of a ban or something and I'd hate for that to happen to my Home account.

2 gifts from Grifter

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Grifter Grifter!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (US) Nintendo Switch (US): Gigantamax Pikachu - Won by Fowler (3 entries)
  • Nintendo Switch (US) Nintendo Switch (US): Gigantamax Eevee - Won by delete12345 delete12345 (3 entries)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I know I'm waaaay late to the Pokeparty, I just got Shield this month. I don't suppose anyone has a spare Regieleki or a Regidrago. I'm holding off on getting one of them in my game until I can be sure if which one I have luck finding online first.

I want a Regigigas.

thestateriver

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got around to beating the Isle of Armor DLC and thought it was really fun. I felt like they took the best parts of the base game (wild area/goofy side characters) and kept running with it. Looking forward to Crown Tundra!