Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whoa that Araquanid Totem was tough...

Kind of cheaped it with Flaafy though, let it paralyze itself with Static and then kept healing till I got a turn to use Charge to buff up Sp. Def. Wish I knew there was the Charge Beam TM in the area before I took the boss on.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Grass totem wasn't too bad. Once again, the MVP Azumarill helped carry the team. It was basically untouchable. But Masquerain and Dartrix could take hits pretty well too since all its attacks were not very effective on anyone. The Kecleon was some strong support though.
I had just evolved my Dusk Rockruff too, so it's a shame I couldn't use him.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Really not a fan of the legendaries being tied to the Ultra Warp Ride minigame, it's wearing out its welcome very quickly here.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finished Super Singles in the Battle Tree. It was a lot easier than Super Doubles, but darn did I run into a frustrating Sableye with Focus Sash and Metal Burst that took out my Tapu Fini and let a special Goodra run over my Mega Salamence and Aegislash.

Really not a fan of the legendaries being tied to the Ultra Warp Ride minigame, it's wearing out its welcome very quickly here.
Yeahhh. This mini-game is awful and a pain in the butt. I'm just not going to bother anymore. Sick of the messed up FOV and awkward controls.

LeonSPBR

Oct 25, 2017
FYI if you go to the Game Freak office after you beat the game, you can change the controls to the Circle Pad rather than the Gyro in the Ultra Ride.

Also battle tree is pretty fun and it has a great fight to introduce it.
You can choose to fight between Red and Blue.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Whoever thought Poipole should be given to you via a regular Pokéball instead of a Beast Ball should be forced to have a Luvdisc on every one of their teams in future games.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I've done pretty much everything there is to do in the postgame (aside from Super Battle Tree), so I'm just gonna do a long write up on what I thought about the game:

To get it out of the way first, the slow, tedious intro of the game is ever so slightly improved, but it's still pretty slow and boring. Tbh they should've cut out the first day of the game altogether, put the Lillie introduction and you getting your starter at the festival, then have you fight your way back home on Route 1.

The railroading hasn't gotten any better either, there are still tons of arbitrary roadblocks and it's frustrating how much refuse to let you explore. Like, would it really hurt so much to let you walk around Heahea City a bit before you meet up with Kukui and Lillie? Instead of blocking off the entire city before you have that cutscene, why not just block off the entrance to the next route? And what purpose is there to forcing you to do Malie Garden before you can explore the rest of the city. Just let us explore the entire area and don't have the bus to Mt. Hokulani come until you've seen the necessary cutscenes. Another really stupid example is there being a trial gate right before the spot where you get Mudsdale...but if they just had it so the cutscene there didn't trigger until after you've done the first Guzma fight there'd be no need for the gate, since the rocky path would create a natural roadblock anyway. I'm not saying there need to be no roadblocks at all--there have been roadblocks since gen 1--but don't make so many that my ability to explore new places is restricted. This is one of the things I'm the most disappointed they didn't change for USUM.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. Easily the best change in this game for me is the buffed totems. In the original Sun and Moon I felt like most totems had their potential wasted, with only Lurantis being an example of one which had an answer to most counters and had partners which synergized well with it. In USUM, every totem (except for the first one, but whatever) is greatly improved, having much better coverage and much more threatening partners. I play the games with a bunch of restrictions to add difficulty, and even then, in SM most totems went down on my 1st or 2nd try. In USUM, every totem was a serious challenge and often required me to get creative with my approach. After struggling with both the water and fire totems back to back, I was constantly excited to get to the next one, and man they did not disappoint. Gamefreak really delivered on the challenge here I love that. This extends to the legendary fight too, being easily the best legend fight in the series because for once they use the legendary as a way to have you fight a single, powerful boss. Also kind of hilarious how salty this fight is making some people loool.

Unfortunately this difficulty increase isn't carried over to the trainers, at least not to the same degree. While bosses do have improved teams with better movesets and the benefit of a slightly steeper level curve, their team sizes are still too small. There are a few bosses with additional pokemon in their lineup, like Hau, but they are few and far between. For example, they increased Gladion's initial team size to 3, but in his subsequent fights he still only has 3 and then 4 pokemon, rather than 4 and then 5. Guzma's team size progression has been changed from 2>2>4 to 2>3>4, but there's no good reason why it's not 3>4>5. Plumeria still only has a pitiful 2 pokemon in both her fights. Olivia and Nanu still only have 3 pokemon instead of 4/5 respectively, Hapu still only has 4 pokemon instead of 5. The Ultra Recon Squad members only ever use 1 pokemon and they don't even evolve it in their late game fights. The inconsistency in the difficulty design is frustrating. I don't know why gamefreak is okay with making totems so tough but are afraid to give trainers larger teams. It's really telling that there are only 2 fights where you fight a team of 5 before the Elite 4 (double battles excluded), and you're allowed to lose both. I'm not too bothered by standard trainers generally having 1-2 pokemon, since if every trainer had 3+ it'd really hurt the pacing of the game, but I do wish certain trainer classes (Ace Trainers, Veterans) would have a minimum team size of 3 or 4. However, despite my complaints, I'd still say this is one of the most difficult games in the series. It could be harder, but I'm pretty happy as is.

The game has a lot of new little sidequests and events, which are all cute, funny, or just plain weird, but I kind of love that they exist. Some of my favorites are having a coffee with nurse joy, going to the school at night, visiting Nanu's place in the postgame, and talking to Meowth back at your home. I really hope this kind of stuff is further expanded on in gen 8. It's all small details, but it adds a lot, IMO. Mantine Surfing is the big new addition, and while it's not amazing or anything, it makes for a pretty fun distraction and I liked it enough to want to go for the top score on every beach. Definitely one of the better side activities in the series. Ultra Warp Ride on the other hand is just okay and becomes kind of annoying over time if you're trying to get all the Ultra Beasts.

I'm kind of mixed; in some ways I thought SM's was better, but I also wouldn't say USUM's is flat out worse. In SM you had a stronger connection with Lillie and Nebby, which I liked, but in USUM Hau is a better character and Lusamine's motivations make more sense. I also liked how SM had a batshit crazy female villain, which you don't see often in games, but USUM's "villain" is more of a force of nature, which tbh is pretty refreshing for a pokemon game where there always needs to a blatantly evil guy leading a team of goons. The Ultra Recon Squad's implementation is okay, but I don't feel like there are enough stakes to helping them? Like, they tell us repeatedly why we need to stop Necrozma, but they don't show us until we're already at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone. It's great that once Necrozma steals the light the entire world becomes dark, but it'd be nice if, say, some more Ultra wormholes would open throughout the game like when you visit Aether Paradise for the first time and maybe if there were several random eclipses as you went through the game, showing that Necrozma is having an effect on the world.

I also wish you spent more time in Ultra Space for mandatory plot progression. Imagine if when Necrozma shows up on the altar, it thrusts you into a wormhole and you have to fight Ultra Beasts to get to other dimensions and eventually reach Ultra Megalopolis. Maybe they wanted discovering the Ultra Beast dimensions to be part of the incentive for doing Ultra Warp Ride, but they could have thought of some way to incorporate more mandatory exploration into Ultra Space. Ultra Megalopolis is also a huge disappointment. You have this huge city full of people you're supposedly helping and it's literally a fucking hallway. You don't even get to see the people you're saving except for the Ultra Recon Squad. It makes sense for things to be barricaded off when you first get there, but after defeating Necrozma the city should have been fully explorable with various things to do. What a waste of a potentially really cool area.

About the ending, it's good that Mt. Lanakila is now an actual dungeon, even if it's fairly short. I wish the Aether Foundation infiltration got a similar overhaul since it's so painfully linear, but oh well. Molayne being an E4 member was a nice surprise, but without Hala being there Olivia now feels like the odd one out. Hau being champion is a great ending to his arc and fits well thematically, but I won't lie, I preferred the Kukui fight because he had a much tougher team. Hau's team isn't bad but Kukui's made him one of the toughest champions in the series. I am happy that there's not 30 fucking minutes of cutscenes before the credits though.

First off, it sucks that you don't get to visit Blacephlon/Stakataka's home dimension. Despite being short and simple, the Ultra Beast dimensions are pretty cool and add a lot of context to the existence of the UBs. Poipole being a starter in Ultra Megalopolis is an especially cool detail.

Next is Rainbow Rocket, and while I was worried it was just gonna be mindless fanservice (and, tbh, it is), it's actually a pretty great addition, and has fanservice for every generation, even gen 7 with stuff like battling alongside Lillie and Guzma. Unlike the previous postgame episodes where you retread previous areas and fight weak trainers, Rainbow Rocket gives you a sizable dungeon with several major bosses. Most of the team leaders aren't all that tough on their own, but with the addition of a legendary for each of them they become a notable challenge. The random grunts are all really dumb, mainly using single pokemon which just spam status moves for some reason, but whatever, the bosses and puzzles are what really matter. Easily the best gen 6/7 postgame episode.

After that there are a bunch of post-game exclusive battles scattered around the region, like Hala, the trial captains, Morimoto, etc, the eastern half of Poni Island to explore, the E4 rematch, and Lunala/Zygarde/the Tapus/a fuckton of other legends to catch. Though for some reason there's no Mina or Nanu rematch. While this stuff gives you quite a bit to do and will take some time, the game would really benefit from having a Battle Frontier or a more robust Battle Facility like the PWT. The Battle Agency is okay but it's just one thing and it's still not as good as the Factory from Emerald and Platinum. The amount of non-battle facility postgame content in this game is around the same as Platinum, which is great, but there's nothing to keep you coming back for the long term like a Battle Frontier would. If it had that on top of the all the current stuff I think people would consider USUM to have one of the better postgames in the series.

My opinions might change over time and with replays, but for now I think it's a pretty good 3rd version even if it could have fixed more of the problems with railroading and cutscenes or went further with bumping up the difficulty. For now, compared to other 3rd versions, I think I like it more than Emerald and Platinum, but not more than Crystal or BW2. Regardless of the problems I have with it the totems really elevate this game for me.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
This extends to the legendary fight too, being easily the best legend fight in the series because for once they use the legendary as a way to have you fight a single, powerful boss. Also kind of hilarious how salty this fight is making some people loool.

I don't like the legendary fight. There's a difference between a tough boss and a cheese boss. Lusamine in the original games was a tough boss and was a good fight. You basically had to either cheese this legendary fight or be overlevelled for this part of the game if you do not want to be one-shotted. I haven't seen anyone done this fight without Toxic cheese yet, so if you've done so, I want to know how you did it.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the legendary fight. There's a difference between a tough boss and a cheese boss. Lusamine in the original games was a tough boss and was a good fight. You basically had to either cheese this legendary fight or be overlevelled for this part of the game if you do not want to be one-shotted. I haven't seen anyone done this fight without Toxic cheese yet, so if you've done so, I want to know how you did it.

It outsped and ohko'd my entire team, but so did several totems (and some postgame trainer pokemon), so for me, it wasn't really a difficulty spike like it seems to be for many people.

Strategy:
Put a quick claw on Banette with Thunder Wave. Had to rely on Quick Claw activation turn 1 to paralyze it. After that I had Icy Wind on Primarina and Rock Tomb on Mawile and Lycanroc (midnight). With paralysis+1 speed drop, Lycanroc could outspeed. With Paralysis+2 speed drops, my Malamar could outspeed. All I needed was for the legendary to lose 1 turn to paralysis, allowing me to get the first speed drop and thus guaranteeing the second speed drop. After that, I sent out Malamar and used Foul Play, which got rid of most of its health, and finally I sent in Golisopod which could finish it off with First Impression. Everyone also had damage boosting items (Blackglasses, Expert Belt, etc) though I'm not sure how necessary those were aside from Golisopod and Malamar's items.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probopass with Sturdy and T-wave
Then Someone with high power ghost/dark Z move
Then Clean up with ghost/dark/ice/dragon/bug/fairy attack

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Strategy:
Put a quick claw on Banette with Thunder Wave. Had to rely on Quick Claw activation turn 1 to paralyze it. After that I had Icy Wind on Primarina and Rock Tomb on Mawile and Lycanroc (midnight). With paralysis+1 speed drop, Lycanroc could outspeed. With Paralysis+2 speed drops, my Malamar could outspeed. All I needed was for the legendary to lose 1 turn to paralysis, allowing me to get the first speed drop and thus guaranteeing the second speed drop. After that, I sent out Malamar and used Foul Play, which got rid of most of its health, and finally I sent in Golisopod which could finish it off with First Impression. Everyone also had damage boosting items (Blackglasses, Expert Belt, etc) though I'm not sure how necessary those were aside from Golisopod and Malamar's items.

That's a lot left up to the RNG, which I'm not a fan of. Still, it's cool that you managed to do it without resorting to cheese tactics.

I used Golisopod and First Impression which took around a quarter of it's health each time. Then after Golisopod gets knocked out after one shot, I revived it and then used First Impression again

That's err, not exactly fun.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017

I used Golisopod and First Impression which took around a quarter of it's health each time. Then after Golisopod gets knocked out after one shot, I revived it and then used First Impression again

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot left up to the RNG, which I'm not a fan of. Still, it's cool that you managed to do it without resorting to cheese tactics.

Yeah, the way I play I end up getting into a lot of situations where I need to rely on certain RNG rolls (Quick Claw in particular gets a lot of use), but I try to minimize it whenever possible.

Though in theory I did have a focus sash I could use, so the only RNG I absolutely needed was the turn lost to paralysis, but I tend to avoid using sash unless absolutely necessary because then it's gone for the rest of the game and I have to grind for a new one if I want it for the battle tree or whatever. I really wish GF would make it not be a consumable item, I would get so much use out of it during the main game.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Man, I am really really not trying to get people salty with what I am about to say but...why is the legendary fight supposed to be difficult again? I've been checking this thread out since the beggining and everyone was hyping out this battle to be the most difficult the series has ever had, and how everyone was having so much trouble with it. Even outside this thread. So I was legitimately looking forward to it and...I just one-shotted the guy with my Malamar. Like, I activated the Dark type Z-Move and a black hole swallowed it whole. :( Now I feel bummed out, I couldn't even enjoy the OST. Now, really, I'm not trying to sound pretentious or anything like that at all, I truly believe each and every one of you when you say this battle is really tough. But why? Can someone try to explain it to me with spoiler tags? I'll describe what I did in spoilers.

I started with my Magnezone, figuring I would paralyze him. I took a Photon Geiser which took away like half its HP, and I TWaved it. Then, I switched to Malamar to nullify the Photon Geiser. Finally I activated my Dark Type Z-Move and one-shotted it. I was actually thinking it would auto revive itself because I could not believe that was really it. My team was around the same level Necrozma was.

Mameshiba

Oct 28, 2017
Because even paralysed it should outspeed Malamar due to the speed boost and oneshot it with dragon pulse.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Because even paralysed it should outspeed Malamar due to the speed boost and oneshot it with dragon pulse.
I don't think it did? Even if I'm misrembering and it did, it definitely did not kill it. I only remember having seen Photon Geyser. Maybe paralysis procced.
You're not supposed to be. Looking at youtube playthroughs, even with the exp share on most people seem to be in the mid 50s at that point.
That might be it. I did not grind at all, though. In fact, I kept constantly changing my team members this time around. I wonder why I am so overleveled then.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Totem Marowak down...fuck that Salazzle partner. :/

I've kind of cheaped out in these fights with Super Potions but I guess that's a strategy...I'm ignoring Rotom Powers and Z Moves though.

Now on to Lurantis!

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Totem Marowak down...fuck that Salazzle partner. :/

I've kind of cheaped out in these fights with Super Potions but I guess that's a strategy...I'm ignoring Rotom Powers and Z Moves though.

Now on to Lurantis!
When the AI is cheating by continually calling in doubles partners, I don't think it's really that unfair to use Z Moves or Rotom's freebies.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I am really really not trying to get people salty with what I am about to say but...why is the legendary fight supposed to be difficult again? I've been checking this thread out since the beggining and everyone was hyping out this battle to be the most difficult the series has ever had, and how everyone was having so much trouble with it. Even outside this thread. So I was legitimately looking forward to it and...I just one-shotted the guy with my Malamar. Like, I activated the Dark type Z-Move and a black hole swallowed it whole. :( Now I feel bummed out, I couldn't even enjoy the OST. Now, really, I'm not trying to sound pretentious or anything like that at all, I truly believe each and every one of you when you say this battle is really tough. But why? Can someone try to explain it to me with spoiler tags? I'll describe what I did in spoilers.

I started with my Magnezone, figuring I would paralyze him. I took a Photon Geiser which took away like half its HP, and I TWaved it. Then, I switched to Malamar to nullify the Photon Geiser. Finally I activated my Dark Type Z-Move and one-shotted it. I was actually thinking it would auto revive itself because I could not believe that was really it. My team was around the same level Necrozma was.
Well, right now I have a Magneton and Malamar so I'll see how it goes for me when I reach that part of the game.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
You're not supposed to be. Looking at youtube playthroughs, even with the exp share on most people seem to be in the mid 50s at that point.
I was in the mid 60s

That's probably why my Pokemon outsped him while he was paralyzed, and also why I thought the fight wasn't that hard.

The hardest fight in the game for me was Lysandre. Never let him set up with Geomancy.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I was in the mid 60s

That's probably why my Pokemon outsped him while he was paralyzed, and also why I thought the fight wasn't that hard.

The hardest fight in the game for me was Lysandre. Never let him set up with Geomancy.
That'll do it. It's probably an easy fight if you out level it, but if you don't it's a bitch due to the speed and raw power.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
I can see why that fight would be the bane of many nuzlocke runs. Seeing its stats, ability and moveset I realize it can easily one shot many Pokémon.

EDIT: Actually, you may be able to bring a fodder Pokemon that has Sturdy/ holds a Sash and knows Toxic and proceed to stall him out by switching between a Dark type and a Fairy type. Maybe that's the way to go.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ultra Sun might become one of my favorite new mainline Pokegames, currently those are: Platinum, Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, Black and White 1+2 and Soul Soul Silver.

Really enjoying it so far and it feels like a true third version wich i really missed on the 3DS to be honest. It's more difficult then the originals new stuff to do and more. Love it so far on the third island.

Hopefully Pokemon Switch will not start out barebones because with the 3DS i understand it since the games already lagg on OG 3ds sometimes. But with that gone Pokemon Switch should be feature complete with lots of content from the start of a new gen. They can always ofcourse do a third version or dlc there but i hope the base/vanilla games have more meat.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra Sun might become one of my favorite new mainline Pokegames, currently those are: Platinum, Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, Black and White 1+2 and Soul Soul Silver.

Really enjoying it so far and it feels like a true third version wich i really missed on the 3DS to be honest. It's more difficult then the originals new stuff to do and more. Love it so far on the third island.

Hopefully Pokemon Switch will not start out barebones because with the 3DS i understand it since the games already lagg on OG 3ds sometimes. But with that gone Pokemon Switch should be feature complete with lots of content from the start of a new gen. They can always ofcourse do a third version or dlc there but i hope the base/vanilla games have more meat.
The 3DS games not performing well has very little to do with the amount of content planned for the games. It'll probably be barebones, and based on how gens 6 and 7 went there might not ever be a feature complete version again

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The 3DS games not performing well has very little to do with the amount of content planned for the games. It'll probably be barebones, and based on how gens 6 and 7 went there might not ever be a feature complete version again
Depends on your definition of "feature complete". No Battle facility does not mean it's not feature complete.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on your definition of "feature complete". No Battle facility does not mean it's not feature complete.
I don't even care about a battle facility as much as I care about stuff like gym leader rematches and PWT, feels like Battle Tree and Battle Agency are just small slices of things weve had previously. I guess the extended storyline with UB quests is nice, I hope they continue that in the future.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The majority of mega stones being missing from the base game makes it pretty incomplete. Can't even use the excuse that they just wanted to be consistent with the Aloladex when Red gives you the Kanto starter stones, who can't even be caught in vanilla.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I don't even care about a battle facility as much as I care about stuff like gym leader rematches and PWT, feels like Battle Tree and Battle Agency are just small slices of things weve had previously. I guess the extended storyline with UB quests is nice, I hope they continue that in the future.
You know the PWT is a battle facility, right?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Then what did you even mean by "no battle facility" if not alluding to the battle tower/factory? Even XY had the maison. I thought you meant having a battle factory in postgame
If you're counting Maison, why is Battle Tree not included? It's the same thing. They're all very slight variations on the Battle Tower facility.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm not, that's my point. I don't even dislike battle tree or Maison, they just feel like steps back and minimized versions of things we already had in the past
Serebii is going to argue semantics as Serebii does, but they've been minimizing the number of battle facilities since Gen V so it's hardly a new trend unfortunately. You've got my sword on wanting something as fully featured as Gen IV's frontier back, but they seem more interested in making additional consumable content rather than things we can keep going back to, and now 10 years later I don't really see that changing.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I had a Zoroark in my first slot, and hawlucha in the last slot. Was like lvl 54, it used its psychic attack 3 times in a row which won't hurt dark. I killed it with three night slashes, one of them that was a crit.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just did Mallow Trial and honestly I don't like how restrictive it is compare to Sun and Moon as in Ultra Sun and Moon you aren't given the freedom to explore at your own pace, though I am glad that did away with having to use the Stoutland Pokéride as I hated using it.

As for the fight against the Totem Pokémon, well let just say Torracat using flamecharge twice, then waiting for the Totem to call for back up and use Sunny day just so you can use the fire Z-crystal along with fire Fang plus with the sun out...well you get the idea.

My fight against Olivia was also pretty easy as my Zorroark who knew Grass knot, while holding the grass z-crystal one shot her Lycanroc.

Why is this called Ultra?

I think Rising Sun and Falling Moon would be better titles.

• Ultra Beast,
  • Ultra Space,
  • Ultra Wormhole
It ties with the theme that Game Freak was going for and makes a lot more sense than Rising Sun and Falling Moon.

You don't have to beat the game. You can leave Ultra Space the moment you first enter it, and go and change the controls. That's what I did.

I better keep that in mind, though honestly speaking it's dumb how Game Freak relegated the option to change the control to an NPC rather than oh I dunno putting in the option menu like every other normal games does.

Such a dumb choice.

Serebii is going to argue semantics as Serebii does, but they've been minimizing the number of battle facilities since Gen V so it's hardly a new trend unfortunately. You've got my sword on wanting something as fully featured as Gen IV's frontier back, but they seem more interested in making additional consumable content rather than things we can keep going back to, and now 10 years later I don't really see that changing.

Kinda reminds me whenever someone complains how Game Freak is dumbing down Pokémon game, someone always butts in and says "well the past game were always easy." when it has nothing to with the complaint and is just frustrating.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I better keep that in mind, though honestly speaking it's dumb how Game Freak relegated the option to change the control to an NPC rather than oh I dunno putting in the option menu like every other normal games does.

Such a dumb choice.

That's just part of Pokemon's archaic tradition of having NPCs scattered around the map for things that you should be able to do everywhere.

Move deleter, move relearner, name rater, happiness checker, etc.

I'll give them the move tutors, but everyone else should be gone by now, it would be a wonderful QoL change.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Focus Sash + Draco Meteor (or a super effective Z-move) will do most, if not all, of the job.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
That's just part of Pokemon's archaic tradition of having NPCs scattered around the map for things that you should be able to do everywhere.

I'll give them the move tutors, but everyone else should be gone by now, it would be a wonderful QoL change.

Those things could very easily be upgrades you get to the PC as the game goes along.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well Move Deleter made sense to ensure you didn't end use an HM, delete it, and then end up stuck...but no clue why that's even in SM. Seems pointless.

Now that I'm near Ula'Ula any recommendations for Pokemon to use from that island?

Oct 26, 2017
Just finishing the second island, I've been playing people online too much lol.

But can someone give me a run down on what's wrong with the controls on Ultra space and how to fix that exactly?

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain

I also dislike how you have to wait until the end of the game to gain access to the move relearner, all because it can now teach you moves you've yet to learn. Kinda wish they made two move relearners, a free one that lets you exclusively relearn moves earlier in the game. My poor Marowak has suffered enough already.