• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
I'm usually the last one to praise The kanto pokedex, but weirdly I'm totally okay with the original 151 Pokemon being the only Pokémon in the main game (+evos from other gens)

ReitStuff

Oct 30, 2017
So you are saying that if they only include the OG 151 this game will sell that much? Nice logic.

Lol nah I'm not saying Let's Go Pikachu will sell 47 million. My point was just that the most successful gen in Pokémon history was gen 1. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Pokémon Go became a phenomenon back when they only had gen 1. Gen 1 has an appeal that no other gen has because it has already reached so many people. If you want to sell a casual gamer on a Pokémon game, you show them Pikachu with Blastoise and Charmander, not Chikorita or Totodile. That's why I think, as a first entry on a system that has more mainstream appeal than any Nintendo system in a decade, having just the OG 151 is brilliant.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
So King Zell is right? In like 7 and a half hours or so it will be revealed?

Ow14Y.gif

Nov 1, 2017
I would be okay with 151 + the evos and prevos added in later gens. I'm fine with it being Gen 1 again but it's gonna be frustrating as hell not being able to get Goldbat to Crobat, for instance, if this game does that again. And hopefully we get a Day/Night cycle this time.

You guys seem to think that I'm trolling, but I'm not. I flourished a bit of that post but I'm serious about the 151 being tops, which I know is not a popular opinion.
Isn't the whole thing that it's actually a pretty common opinion out here on the internet?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Lol nah I'm not saying Let's Go Pikachu will sell 47 million. My point was just that the most successful gen in Pokémon history was gen 1. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Pokémon Go became a phenomenon back when they only had gen 1. Gen 1 has an appeal that no other gen has because it has already reached so many people. If you want to sell a casual gamer on a Pokémon game, you show them Pikachu with Blastoise and Charmander, not Chikorita or Totodile. That's why I think, as a first entry on a system that has more mainstream appeal than any Nintendo system in a decade, having just the OG 151 is brilliant.
Why FRLG are the least successful remakes then?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what media event. What did I miss.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ThanksVision

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why is everyone saying 7+ hours? Isn't it 4:20am in Japan right now? Meaning ~5.5 hours from now the media event will start?

Status
Not open for further replies.