• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It connects Pokemon Bank, Pokemon Let's Go, and Pokemon GO, as well as upcoming Pokemon games such as Pokemon Shield and Sword.

Each Pokemon's "Values" will be preserved.

It will be accessible via smartphones, allowing for trading and social features, and will launch in early 2020.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Announced by Junichi Masuda at the Business Conference! Seems to be a new version of Bank that improves on Bank features and is compatible with Let's Go!

Will feature connectivity with the GO games and will allow you to trade with friends and others! Arrives in 2020

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
it's just the pokémon bank right
It's like Bank but with connectivity to Go, Let's Go, Bank, and Sword and Shield as well as smartphone functionality where you can trade via your phone.

Based on what exactly? Bank is a cloud service. If it can interact with this to transfer in one direction, why wouldn't it in the other?
The diagram showed that it was one way for everything other than Sword and Shield.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is a pretty great evolution of Pokemon Bank. Way beyond my expectations actually.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Eh...I guess its nice.

Edit: Oh the smartphone part. hmm

Its about damn time they expand the IP to make it more socially adapt.

Pokemon GO is already pretty big and with this, it will increase the value of the IP so thats great.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I'm happy I get to carry over my Let's Go Mew. This is exactly what I was hoping for

Oct 27, 2017
That's kind of a big deal, right? I haven't played a mainline game since Emerald so I don't know if this is big.
I mean everyone expected they'd add SOMETHING to unify the current gen ecosystem.

The fact that they are kind of ditching the old unifying hub and following up with a new unifying hub that does mostly the same thing but with a few new features instead of updating the old one is exactly the kind of nonsense I'd expect from GameFreak.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean everyone expected they'd add SOMETHING to unify the current gen ecosystem.

The fact that they are kind of ditching the old unifying hub and following up with a new unifying hub that does mostly the same thing but with a few new features instead of updating the old one is exactly the kind of nonsense I'd expect from GameFreak.
The old one was device bound due to how 3DS handles user profiles. That's not on Game Freak, it's how the 3DS was designed.

Using a more expanded version that's a social hub and independent of any device is a very smart idea.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
This was the only news I was hoping for so yay. Shirts are a solid silver medal though.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Wow this is a lot more than I was expecting - being that it connects to everything relevant, works on the smart phone, and even has trading ability from the smartphone! I just hope I don't have to pay for both Bank and Home - you should get both with one price or something.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
My wife was hoping to be able to trade one of her shiny Eevee from Let's Go! over to Shield, too bad this is launching later than that as she'd want to have it while playing through the game. :(

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Time to seriously shiny grind Let's Go now I know they won't be stuck there forever