• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I understand the question.

It's one code per transfer, but you can do it multiple times. You can move from Bank to Home, but never back the other way.

Bank is free for a month, and Home costs like $5 for a month.

Ok great, yeah I was wondering if I could get another code to do multiple transfers. I'm only transferring a few Pokemon right now just to familiarize myself with the service.

Not willing to transfer my collection yet, especially since most of them will just be sitting there unable to be used.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Already tried that. Still fails for me. Maybe it's cause I also have 2FA on?
For me, on iOS, I clicked the safari icon in the bottom right corner when Home brings up the login page. I then logged in through safari, which then prompted me to open up Home. This fixed it for me. I also had 2FA on.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I got a month of a Home and moved over some Pokemon from X to it. A handful can't be moved into Sword yet. Am I correct that after my month is up they'll just be deleted or will they be locked to home until I subscribe again?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Downloaded the app on my Switch and my phone. The Switch app works great — moved a few guys from Let's Go over. I'll have to get back to transferring Pokémon from Go! But the phone app seems a little wonky. I put 3 in the Wonder Box and none have traded in like an hour. Anyone had any luck with it?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I
Downloaded the app on my Switch and my phone. The Switch app works great — moved a few guys from Let's Go over. I'll have to get back to transferring Pokémon from Go! But the phone app seems a little wonky. I put 3 in the Wonder Box and none have traded in like an hour. Anyone had any luck with it?
Pretty much everything outside of the GTS seems busted for me.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well it's been over 24 hours since I transferred my Pokémon and they entered limbo... no access to home anymore and bank is empty.

Error Code 999 every time I try to login to home. Nintendo says to contact Pokémon and Pokémon has only email support with no response sofar...
Really really hope I didn't just pay 16 bucks to have all my Pokémon dating back to FireRed deleted.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I left mine up 1) overnight and got them when I woke up so after about seven or so hours and then 2) at lunch so after about six hours. I'm sure they can do it quicker but that's when I checked.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the right place? I have 4 meltan for trade for random legendaries. Zygarde, zamazenta, jirachi, marshadow. Apparently can only trade meltan with friends so let me know. 👍

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Well it's been over 24 hours since I transferred my Pokémon and they entered limbo... no access to home anymore and bank is empty.

Error Code 999 every time I try to login to home. Nintendo says to contact Pokémon and Pokémon has only email support with no response sofar...
Really really hope I didn't just pay 16 bucks to have all my Pokémon dating back to FireRed deleted.

Christ, I hope not either, that would be downright awful. I already think the way they've gone about Home is terrible to say the least, but major errors like this that could potentially wipe your entire collection is unforgivable. I never intended to pay this anything for this service, but definitely won't now just to risk having 15+ years of Pokemon wiped from existence.

Really hope this works out for you and that it's just some weird temporary fuck-up. Were you using the mobile or Switch app?

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, I hope not either, that would be downright awful. I already think the way they've gone about Home is terrible to say the least, but major errors like this that could potentially wipe your entire collection is unforgivable. I never intended to pay this anything for this service, but definitely won't now just to risk having 15+ years of Pokemon wiped from existence.

Really hope this works out for you and that it's just some weird temporary fuck-up. Were you using the mobile or Switch app?

Switch app.
Although I cant access my account on either Switch or Mobile right now.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Hooooo-leeee shit.

Mad props to rc213 for trading me both a Meltan and a Melmetal just now.
I REALLY didn't want to touch Pokemon Go or Pokemon Let's Go, and now my Living Pokedex has jumped from 807 to 809, and I am officially ready to start up the Galar games and complete the National Dex up to and including Gen 8!

Thank you so very much!

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
any way to filter Home on Switch so I only see Pokemon I can transfer back to SwSh? the red sign is hard for me to see

edit: gotta press X and tick compatible games

Last edited:

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Switch app.
Although I cant access my account on either Switch or Mobile right now.

There's got to be something to fix it. I'm hoping that since it's apparently tied to your account, it still transferred and will be there when you're able to access it again. Maybe try deleting the app and downloading it again?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Got a 1.0.3 update on iOS listed as "Bug fixes".
Still didn't give me the Rotom for using GTS.

I'm on 1.03 on Android, and I just got my Rotom, finally.
I don't think you'll get it if you complete a GTS transaction someone else initiated. (I've done a few of those already).
I'm pretty sure you'll only get your Rotom if you initiate a GTS transaction by depositing a Pokemon yourself, and waiting for someone to accept it.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at the Pokédex for any missing forms, and I notice that Greninja has 3 forms (normal Greninja, Ash-Greninja, ???), Rockruff has 2 (normal Rockruff, ???), and Magearna also has 2 (normal Magearna, ???). Does anyone know what those are and could tell me? I know it's not a shiny nor a gender difference.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Go, Let's Go Pikachu and Shield here. If anyone needs a Meltan I've got around 70 I can giveaway. Got about 10 transferred to Home now only cause damn are those buggers hard to catch in the Let's Go Park.

I'd love one if the offer is still available!

That said, I only started again with Let's Go/Sword so I don't really have anything of equivalent value in exchange. If that's okay, just let me know!

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh man, Home also has challenges for "good ol' Kanto" and "good ol' Johto". Time to fire up the 3DS Virtual Console games!

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm looking at the Pokédex for any missing forms, and I notice that Greninja has 3 forms (normal Greninja, Ash-Greninja, ???), Rockruff has 2 (normal Rockruff, ???), and Magearna also has 2 (normal Magearna, ???). Does anyone know what those are and could tell me? I know it's not a shiny nor a gender difference.
Battle Bond Greninja
Own Tempo Rockruff (evolves into Dusk Form)

Both of those don't seem to register. I have them both in HOME

Original Color Magearna

801-o.png

This form was seen in the movie Volcanion & The Mechanical Marvel and is the original colour Magearna was before time passed. It was coded into SMUSUM and never used. We're awaiting its release but the fact it's listed while Eternal Flower Floette isn't indicates we may get it soon. It's currently unavailable.

Briefly, there was a gift of a Magearna for finishing the dex, but that seemed to have been removed. They could be wanting to put this one in.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Smogon OT is what the old GTS hack site from gen 5 used, which is why it's from Unova.

Oh, that's interesting to know. Thanks.

Btw. Are Pokemon with 5 perfect stats good for competitive or does it have to be all perfect stats?

Caught myself an almost perfect Nidoran on Let's Go back then with just a millimeter off to one side. 😅

GGAkDcP.jpg

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
I guess i should wait before moving all my pokemon from my 3DS until they are all supported this gen right?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Btw. Are Pokemon with 5 perfect stats good for competitive or does it have to be all perfect stats?

Caught myself an almost perfect Nidoran on Let's Go back then with just a millimeter off to one side. 😅

GGAkDcP.jpg
For the most part you only need five because a Pokemon will typically only use one of it's attack stats. There are exceptions though where you want both maxed or want zero speed to make your Pokemon as slow as possible, but those are mostly for specific team builds.

If one stat is a bit off it honestly won't make too much of a difference outside of speed ivs and Pokemon with close speed.

Oct 26, 2017

GGAkDcP.jpg

The slight drop in S.Def probably won't ever matter too much. The nature not being optimal is a bigger issue though, though a Mint could fix this.
The biggest issue is that it probably doesn't have Hustle, which becomes Sheer Force on Nidoking, which it really needs to be useable.

Last edited:

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not gonna lie, I was very happy to see that all the 420 Pokémon I put into Bank were still there, and this one was my biggest surprise:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ok, thanks. So I can make a label or box with, at least, potentially good Pokemon and look through the specifics later. Cause I have a lot of them with 5 perfect stats.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Remembered that my Armaldo was part of the Living Dex so was shifted to HOME :)

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't know wtf is going on. I tried to transfer from Bank to Home via the 'No 3DS' option and when I tried to log in a while later, I got "Moving from Pokemon Bank has failed".

So I dug the old 3DS out just to make sure I had everything correct, which I did. I tried using the 'Move Pokemon to Pokemon Home' option in Bank and that gives me a "Communication with the server was interrupted during your previous session, so the server has been locked." error message.

Both Home and Bank tell me to wait a while and try again, but I get the same thing. Hopefully whatever issue this is gets rectified soon.

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017
Pokemon Go, Let's Go Pikachu and Shield here. If anyone needs a Meltan I've got around 70 I can giveaway. Got about 10 transferred to Home now only cause damn are those buggers hard to catch in the Let's Go Park.

Oh I'd love one if they are still available.
Is there a way to evolve it without Go and Let's Go ?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know wtf is going on. I tried to transfer from Bank to Home via the 'No 3DS' option and when I tried to log in a while later, I got "Moving from Pokemon Bank has failed".

So I dug the old 3DS out just to make sure I had everything correct, which I did. I tried using the 'Move Pokemon to Pokemon Home' option in Bank and that gives me a "Communication with the server was interrupted during your previous session, so the server has been locked." error message.

Both Home and Bank tell me to wait a while and try again, but I get the same thing. Hopefully whatever issue this is gets rectified soon.
Pokémon games usually put accounts on a temporary blacklist after some sort of failed network connectivity, to avoid people discovering/using soft-reset exploits.
Unfortunately the net is very wide and flags quite a few false positives, like your situation now. It also happened a lot when SwSh first came out and some surprise trades were failing and getting people on the temp blacklist.

In this case, "a while" doesn't mean a few minutes, it's a matter of hours. Some people have reported one or more days, but my experience was just a few hours.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Pokémon games usually put accounts on a temporary blacklist after some sort of failed network connectivity, to avoid people discovering/using soft-reset exploits.
Unfortunately the net is very wide and flags quite a few false positives, like your situation now. It also happened a lot when SwSh first came out and some surprise trades were failing and getting people on the temp blacklist.

In this case, "a while" doesn't mean a few minutes, it's a matter of hours. Some people have reported one or more days, but my experience was just a few hours.

Ah, that sucks :( Well, it's lasted overnight so far, guess I will continue to wait. If it is a blacklist, they should specify an actual time frame imo.

Thanks for the info.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just transferred some mons. I didn't think or even could fathom paying for this service but I'm weak.

Fuck you Gamefreak for having this service that I'm now paying for. Fuck you.

Also: If there is a kind soul out there with a Melmetal looking for a good home. Please let me know >w<

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I didn't put all my USUM stuff into Bank. Guess I'll have to wait until I get my 3DS out of storage in April to get that stuff