Votes: 81 4.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 37 2.0%
  • Other [comment]

Votes: 95 5.2%

• Total voters

CuriousOrang

Apr 4, 2022
Firefox all the way at home, Chrome on mobile but I'll avoid doing anything with my phone outside of messaging when I can.

Came in here expecting Chrome to be biggest, as apparently it has like 90% of the market at large, pretty surprised to see the results here.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Firefox for browsing, Edge for video.

Unfortunately there's still no sign of HDR support for Firefox.
And Edge gets the RTX Video Enhancements (though it defaults to its own upscaler now - be sure to change that).

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And Edge gets the RTX Video Enhancements (though it defaults to its own upscaler now - be sure to change that).
It's this for me too. Firefox for basically everything but Twitch/Youtube where I use Edge for RTX HDR.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Chrome and I doubt I'll ever stop.

I've given myself over completely to the Google algorithm as a trade for the convenience it brings to my everyday life. My data's not that special, they can have it.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
During the gtx 1080 days, a Firefox update made all the text blurry. Tried messing with clear type settings, couldn't figure it out. It's fine now, but switched to chrome and stuck with it

OP
OP
Tony72495

Tony72495

Apr 26, 2019

That's crazy that Firefox on Windows doesn't do HDR, because it's been on my MacBook for....forever basically.

djamb3

Oct 27, 2017
Vivaldi. Tried it once a few years ago and stuck with it as a better chrome alternative

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I've stuck with Firefox since the days I first dumped Internet Explorer in the mid 2000s. There was that phase it felt a bit slow but not enough for me to bother to migrate, and I was too tied to my add ons at the time.

I didn't use it on mobile until a few years ago though. Now I sync it with my desktop.

I do keep other browsers installed just in case, but I rarely need them.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised by the Edge results so far. Seems like going to Chromium did the trick for MS.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
That's crazy that Firefox on Windows doesn't do HDR, because it's been on my MacBook for....forever basically.
Yeah - it's been there since version 100 on macOS, no sign of it on Windows in version 125.
Apparently it's not a full implementation of HDR, and only applies to specific video formats (or something like that); but it's much better than nothing at all.

ArtTeitlebaum

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Firefox as default on a PC, Vivaldi for the very rare situation a Chromium derivate is needed and Samsung Browser on the phone. ICab on IPad.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when people hated Firefox, so I'm kind of surprised at these results. I think it had something to do with memory leaks with tabs or something. I don't remember exactly, but I guess they turned it around. And now people don't like Chrome? I feel so out of touch.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Edge has just established itself as the one for me. I don't notice any particular downsides to using it.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when people hated Firefox, so I'm kind of surprised at these results. I think it had something to do with memory leaks with tabs or something. I don't remember exactly, but I guess they turned it around. And now people don't like Chrome? I feel so out of touch.

Chrome (and Edge) are basically malware applications designed to farm and collect telemetry for trillion dollar corporations. Chrome specifically is also a bloated application with inefficient RAM management.

People are starting to realize this and are switching to more lightweight, privacy focused browsers.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised by the Edge results so far. Seems like going to Chromium did the trick for MS.
The reason I switched to Edge a number of years back was basically checking out battery life tests showing superior results for Edge on laptops, which was a primary concern of mine. It also seems to end up at the top (bottom?) of memory usage tests as well, which I appreciate. Basically, I looked at multiple tests digging into the specific parameters that I cared about, and went from there.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Edge isn't bad at all, but it had some VERY weird behavior in macOS that drives me from using it.

Orion had a few updates, so giving that a try right now.
At least Edge supports webHID.

OP
OP
Tony72495

Tony72495

Apr 26, 2019
Chrome and I doubt I'll ever stop.

I've given myself over completely to the Google algorithm as a trade for the convenience it brings to my everyday life. My data's not that special, they can have it.

I managed to actually pretty much remove Google's hold on my life. I have Apple Music, I use Yahoo for my mail, I have multiple accounts syncing over Safari, Firefox and Arc so I basically have all my stuff available on every device.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Arc is pretty different than any other web browser, and it seems a little VC-brained, but for now I'm enjoying it a lot.

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
Safari on iPhone. On a desktop/laptop, I'd been using Firefox for ~20 years, but I tried switching to Arc a month ago and so far I'm really enjoying it, might stick with it for good.

Oct 25, 2017
Chrome across phone, work PC, home PC, desktop.

I love my Google ecosystem it all behaves like one browser / computer and makes my life ez and keeps my brain smooth.

nanhacott

Technical artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I've tried to switch to Firefox, it's had some heinous bug preventing me from committing. Last time, it was a horrible memory leak that meant I could never leave it open for more than an hour. That was years ago, but that was already after a handful of attempts to switch with similar results. Left a sour taste, even if I wanted to switch now.

What I really want is an unsafe browser. Something with zero safeguards against cross-site scripting, so I can actually just remake the internet in my own image.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Every time I've tried to switch to Firefox, it's had some heinous bug preventing me from committing. Last time, it was a horrible memory leak that meant I could never leave it open for more than an hour. That was years ago, but that was already after a handful of attempts to switch with similar results. Left a sour taste, even if I wanted to switch now.
I've never been able to stick with Firefox due to unreliability. The Arc windows beta was more reliable than any time I've spent on Firefox over the years.

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
Kiwi on phone.

Firefox is pretty great on Android, except lately I've found a battery drain, so had to uninstall it. Even with Firefox Focus.

Last edited:

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017