Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It feels weird including games MS had effectively zero contribution in creating, like Diablo, on this list.

Hi-Fi Rush was excellent, the last game I played on my GPU and the only MS produced game I've enjoyed in the last few years. Diablo 4 was also excellent and I played it way more than everything else on the list.
I wanted the widest net possible

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Starfield, 300+ hours according to Steam. I can't wait for the DLC.

Diablo 4- finished the game haven't touched it since.
Motorsport- Only a few hours logged. Good game.
Hi-Fi RUSH- I was maybe 3 hours in before it got lost in the shuffle. Good game. I'll get back to it.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
It wasn't released but Halo Infinite hit its stride in 2023. Forge breathed new life into an already pretty fun game. Nowadays it's a fantastic game.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, and Halo Infinite were big for me in 2023. I also got a really satisfying 40 hours out of Forza. Hi-Fi Rush is the easy top-choice. It's an all-time favorite for me.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Fucking love Starfield. One of my games of this generation, easily. Over 150 hours and still playing. It's a dream for a huge sci-fi nerd and lover of all things Bethesda.

I recognize how great Hi Fi Rush was, but it's not a game for me.

After that...I actually enjoy Redfall as well. put about 40 hours into it.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I obviously played MW3 the most and I'm still playing, I love it.

I bought Diablo 4 and enjoyed a few hours of it, shelved it. I don't like the openworld concept, but I'll try again.

Forza Motorsport was a HUGE let down. I 100% completed every FM since FM2 and I couldn't get into this one. It just doesn't play well. I actually went back to 6 and 7 and found I still enjoy those.

Starfield is amazing on my 4090, I'll be playing it for years to come.

Only just booted up and had a taste of Hi-Fi, I play my games on mute so that was a no go.
Minecraft Legends is that the RTS one? I think I tried it for a minute, it was alright.

edit: oh yeah I fully plan on coop Redfall with my GF at some point, if the servers will still be up when I get around to it.

Inti

Nov 20, 2017
Starfield is one of my favorite games ever, even with the flaws. The atmosphere, music, gameplay, art/aesthetic, graphics, vistas, it's just right up my alley. Dialogs can be inconsistent and some storylines really leave you wanting more flexibility in how to solve them, but everything else I just enjoyed so much.

Haven't played Hi Fi Rush, it has been in my queue for a while, seeing them close the studio down made me feel like part of the problem. I will be getting to it, seems like a gem for many here, will be hard knowing Tango's fate.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Hi Fi for sure. Along with Psychonauts 2 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps, one of the best games of the generation as far as I'm concerned. Just incredible stuff.

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
Hi Fi Rush. By a mile. My favorite Xbox game since… Sunset Overdrive. Maybe Titanfall 1.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Halo infinite mp is the only one this gen I've enjoyed. And even that was bad for most of its lifespan.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
While I played diablo 4 the most hours, I think I enjoyed Starfield more.

Hifi rush I tried to get into but I just don't get what people see in that game.

I haven't played any of the rest.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
For me it was Hi-Fi Rush. The game made me feel like a kid again and reminded me of an era in gaming that is long passed. Also it helped me through a difficult time and I'd thank Johanas personally if I could.

The game is pure positivity and joy and I'm gutted about the current situation.

I've disliked many of the developments regarding Xbox and I've been vocal about these in several different threads.

I'm ready to completely jump off the Xbox train, though admittedly I kind of did that last year already as I switched my purchases to other platforms.

I've no interest in watching the June showcase, I'm going to read the news next day and if there's something of interest, I'm going to play it through Steam.

Regarding Forza Motorsport: This game killed my love for this franchise. That's all I'm going to say about that.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Are you seeing this philsp
Very interesting results, right? I thought you should know because you might not have known. Huge fan of Xbox btw

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Studio should've never closed but let's be real, many people who picked that option didn't play that game. Even accounting for it being an enthusiast forum, and even if only ~25% of players of some of those other titles enjoyed them, it's still pretty obvious. We can see how much people played it on Xbox and PC.

I'll sing its praises until I no longer touch a video game, but this is gonna be one of those Velvet Underground first concert situations.
Lol Steam alone has 21k reviews, that's enough to cover *check notes* 280 votes in the poll

Even Pentiment (my favorite Xbox game since AoE 2) sits at 6k user reviews

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Only played Hi-Fi Rush and Forza. Forza was incredibly disappointing to me because I only play the single-player which stunk while Hi-Fi Rush was a great game.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Hi-Fi Rush is the best first-party game this generation, bar none. Was my game of the year last year. Hell, I even bought a bit of merch for it! (this 808 t-shirt for those wondering). Despite Tango's undeserved demise, I still highly encourage everyone to play it if they can.

Studio should've never closed but let's be real, many people who picked that option didn't play that game. Even accounting for it being an enthusiast forum, and even if only ~25% of players of some of those other titles enjoyed them, it's still pretty obvious. We can see how much people played it on Xbox and PC.

I'll sing its praises until I no longer touch a video game, but this is gonna be one of those Velvet Underground first concert situations.
Similarly, while I can't say for places like here, there has been a certain kind of...frustration seeing the amount of people eulogise Hi-Fi Rush on social media only now that Tango are no more. Like, I feel like - and this is very much an emotional feeling than hard evidence of course - if people liking and sharing all the (much deserved!) praise for it had actually played it, Tango might have had a better shot. Course, maybe it could've done double whatever metrics and MS still might've killed them regardless. But yeah. Just this weird frustration in addition to the sadness.

bob1001

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 7, 2020
I only played Hi-Fi Rush and Starfield. I thought Starfield was very average and Hi-Fi, while obviously an excellent game, wasn't really my thing so I didn't get far. So I suppose Starfield was the one I enjoyed the most, very weak year from them for my tastes.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I haven't played Hi-Fi Rush, and if I did it would probably be that game. But since I did play Diablo 4, and I enjoyed it a lot for about 40 hours, that gets my vote.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I answered honestly that it was Redfall. I enjoyed a couple of others. Hi-Fi was not my bag but I can see why it was a hit.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
The only ones I played were Starfield and Hi-Fi Rush and out of those two it's easily Hi-Fi Rush since Starfield was an absolute snoozefest

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Only played Starfield. Thought it was pretty mediocre after 50 hours. Will get Hi-Fi Rush once the physical release hits.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
None of them tbh.

Diablo 4 wasn't made or published by them since the deal went through later, but it wasn't very good anyway.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
If Diablo had been owned by them at release then it would have been that.

From the other games the only one I played was Starfield so even though I found it to be a very bland game it gets my vote by default.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
Hi-Fi RUSH is my favourite game. But I also enjoyed Starfield. Diablo IV was fine the few hours I played. Redfall and Forza Motorsport were not for me. Did not play Legends. Can not play MW3 as it is still not on Game Pass. I liked the original MW3 a lot back in the day.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Hi-Fi Rush by a mile.
I'm not particularly a fan of their 1st party stuff.

Sadly, Tango was the studio that I liked much more than any of the Activision & Bethesda studios. Don't much care about the others.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Hi-Fi Rush is the only appealing project (and Tango studio-wise) to me in the Bethesda acquisition. And, look, it's a masterpiece of a title for 2023. Up there with Psychonauts 2 for giving the Xbox Series the GotY juice it's desperately needed this gen.

Microsoft Gaming really showing me their priorities.

ABK isn't all that different, as I just cared about Toys for Bob (Sheesh. Welp, hopefully best case scenario with them going indie 🙏) and Blizzard's Overwatch and StarCraft, arguably two IP that weren't in their glow up era as the acquisition happened and I'm skeptical that Microsoft integration improves things, let alone that they become Xbox-console-defining experiences.