bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
These things are important to gaming journalists and gaming enthusiasts.

I think at the end of the day, worldwide the Sony brand in video games is so powerful that unless they really fuck up something (i.e. price, games, etc) it is going to sell no matter what MS does. I feel MS and Nintendo have to work twice as hard to move the same amount of hardware as Sony. So MS needs to be selling the shit out of their next Xbox and Sony can kind of chill.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
The key word you use here is 'until'.

Until Sony unveils specs the only company that has offered any substance is Microsoft.

You call it bragging from them, that's fine. But they're at least saying something.

Sony hasn't said anything.

This is my point, this is the point of the article.

And whilst you claim my assertion is based on speculation and theories, you are speculating that Sony will have the same strategy they had years ago and MS, despite many acquisitions wont change their strategy.

The difference is MS hasn't left the discourse around their machine to rumour and discourse.

We know more about what it is, because they've told us.

Sony hasn't told us anything.

This is the point, it's not that hard.

Both your point and article one are based on rumors and speculations, which does not prove a thing. A PS5 logo generated more buzz than the specs and design reveal for XSX. So what is your point again? Polyon I can understand.

Do not put words into my mouth please as I am not speculating on anything here. Sony has always supported their previous consoles when a new gen starts. That is a fact and everyone who owns a ps console knows it. In fact, you are the one with the speculations based on rumors. While MS has acquired studios, we have yet to see what those studios will bring to the table. In the meantime, WWS is pumping out games on a regular schedule!

And to address, your last point! Really, Sony has not told us anything, really? As a matter of fact, Sony was the first one to share hardware information on the next gen. But hey, no worries keep fighting the good fight. I hope it pays off. Meanwhile, I am eagerly awaiting TLOU part 2 and GoT, while playing Ori.

Since you like to repeat yourself, let me return the courtesy. So what is your point again? Polyon I can understand.

Last edited:

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Indeed, Bleeding edge is coming soon, the new Halo was playable. Ori is a great game and I am enjoying it. On PS4 though, this year I have Dreams, MLB, soon to have TLOU II and GOT. Come to think of it, I am also not sure I get your point.
It was bolded for you, not sure why you're being difficult to answer. You're the one who keeps repeating the same lines, Sony has always supported their previous consoles when a new gen starts. I gave you examples of so is Microsoft and instead you went to list wars. It's fine you're looking forward to the PS5 and not the Series X but get your facts straight please.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
These things are important to gaming journalists and gaming enthusiasts.

I think at the end of the day, worldwide the Sony brand in video games is so powerful that unless they really fuck up something (i.e. price, games, etc) it is going to sell no matter what MS does. I feel MS and Nintendo have to work twice as hard to move the same amount of hardware as Sony. So MS needs to be selling the shit out of their next Xbox and Sony can kind of chill.

You could say the same at the end of PS2 era, and yet we had a bumpy start for Sony's PS3. New generation cycles always come with new risks.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You could say the same at the end of PS2 era, and yet we had a bumpy start for Sony's PS3. New generation cycles always come with new risks.
Yeah but Sony totally fucked up with the PS3 by making it too expensive and opened the door for MS. And MS was super aggressive and took advantage and even them MS was still not able to make huge gains in a lot of international territories.

I think what I am trying to say is that it was not MS releasing info that made the Xbox360 successful. Even with Sony mistakes MS still had to work their asses off to get the market share they did. Things are stacked again MS and Nintendo to sell the same number of units as Sony. I don't have a problem with that either, it is just the way it is. People get to vote with their wallets.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

The PS3 hit shelves with a price point that would be equivalent to $768. It's BECAUSE their brand was as powerful as it was that they got away with it. Anyone else named "Not Sony" that tried that would have killed their business stone dead.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, a majority of consumers won't remember Sony was quiet in the first few months of 2020 when they're buying a PS5 for Christmas.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
The PS3 hit shelves with a price point that would be equivalent to $768. It's BECAUSE their brand was as powerful as it was that they got away with it. Anyone else named "Not Sony" that tried that would have killed their business stone dead.

They didn't get away it. They had to correct it.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
It was bolded for you, not sure why you're being difficult to answer. You're the one who keeps repeating the same lines, Sony has always supported their previous consoles when a new gen starts. I gave you examples of so is Microsoft and instead you went to list wars. It's fine you're looking forward to the PS5 and not the Series X but get your facts straight please.

Your example is of 3 games which two of them are not available yet, so not that much of example. Let's rewind a little, shall we. MS abandoned 360 long before x1 was announced and given their poor quantity output this gen, it is MS who has to prove to the customer, while Sony's customer know games are coming regularly.

And here is a fact check for you! You quoted a posted of mine without even reading to what post that post was replying too. The other user boldly stated what Sony should do and what they are most likely doing because of a power gap, based on rumors. I for once, like to use my head and not base my knowledge on rumors or even worse make stupid ass statements. Shame for your avatar and username, the man is a legend.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
They didn't get away it. They had to correct it.

Sony still managed to sell millions of those things at a completely absurd price point with little software to justify it. They only had time to correct BECAUSE of the strength of the brand.

If the Xbox Series X comes out this year with an $800 price point, how many of those units do you think actually make it off shelves and into homes? It wouldn't be "zero" but it would be damned close. There would be no opportunity to 'correct.' that would be the end of the brand.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sony still managed to sell millions of those things at a completely absurd price point with little software to justify it. They only had time to correct BECAUSE of the strength of the brand.

If the Xbox Series X comes out this year with an $800 price point, how many of those units do you think actually make it off shelves and into homes? It wouldn't be "zero" but it would be damned close. There would be no opportunity to 'correct.' that would be the end of the brand.
Yep, they were outselling the 360, launch aligned, from day 1 worldwide which lots of people tend to ignore or just focus on the US.

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day, a majority of consumers won't remember Sony was quiet in the first few months of 2020 when they're buying a PS5 for Christmas.
I get what you're saying and you are right but we are two weeks past when they originally said they were going to announce some information about the console for the PS5. I think people just want to hear some news that's all.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Your example is of 3 games which two of them are not available yet, so not that much of example. Let's rewind a little, shall we. MS abandoned 360 long before x1 was announced and given their poor quantity output this gen, it is MS who has to prove to the customer, while Sony's customer know games are coming regularly.

And here is a fact check for you! You quoted a posted of mine without even reading to what post that post was replying too. The other user boldly stated what Sony should do and what they are most likely doing because of a power gap, based on rumors. I for once, like to use my head and not base my knowledge on rumors or even worse make stupid ass statements. Shame for your avatar and username, the man is a legend.
You keep dancing around the fact Microsoft is planning to release games on its older system even after the new Xbox Series X comes out. In fact all of them are for the first year or two.

What rumors are you even talking about? If you can't stay on topic then what's the point. All I've gotten so far are list wars and talks about past practices from Microsoft as though that now matters. So who exactly is grasping at straws because it certainly isn't me.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Both your point and article one are based on rumors and speculations, which does not prove a thing. A PS5 logo generated more buzz than the specs and design reveal for XSX. So what is your point again? Polyon I can understand.

Do not put words into my mouth please as I am not speculating on anything here. Sony has always supported their previous consoles when a new gen starts. That is a fact and everyone who owns a ps console knows it. In fact, you are the one with the speculations based on rumors. While MS has acquired studios, we have yet to see what those studios will bring to the table. In the meantime, WWS is pumping out games on a regular schedule!

And to address, your last point! Really, Sony has not told us anything, really? As a matter of fact, Sony was the first one to share hardware information on the next gen. But hey, no worries keep fighting the good fight. I hope it pays off. Meanwhile, I am eagerly awaiting TLOU part 2 and GoT, while playing Ori.

Since you like to repeat yourself, let me return the courtesy. So what is your point again? Polyon I can understand.

What rumours do you think I suggested in my last message?

I said Microsoft have said what their platform will do (in part) and Sony have shown us a logo.

Let me know where I used rumour to make my point.

As I said earlier I believe Sony will release a successful nachine, I'm not fighting any 'fight'.

But I'd appreciate hearing your attempt to tell me where I'm using rumour or speculation around Sony's position?

We know Microsoft's position on next gen, I'm merely asking 'What is Sony's position?'