• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dragon maid actually has a decent story and writing, so no it isn't bad as KLK :P

They're coded as youngsters. It's fucked up.
0ac1469993a20f51f54e6e56752384d84723e9c8.gifv

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Dragon Maid is one of the best comedy series in these last 5 or so years, the game should be pretty awesome based on the strength of the great character dynamics alone.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
But the most fucked up parts are coming from the author's head.
The weird fixation on the robot boy's penis. The robot boy being forced to piss in a tube and have samples collected of it. etc
Can't disagree with you on that. That being said, there's moments of body horror that definitely fucked me up way more happening to kids than it would have otherwise.
I legit got lightheaded when Riko lost her arm in the manga. Had to take a break.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
having seen the author's other work, I was not shocked to learn that Dragon Maid introduced a 10-year-old with titanic jugs

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
More like "straight to jail romance" from what I've seen, & this is knowing the author's other works/fetishes. Dude LOVES his small male characters getting suffocated by large endowed women. Even if one of the excuses is "nah, this is a college student, he's totes legal!"

...though for the time being, I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt that it won't include said elements that've turned me off from the show. A licensed shmup by the Raiden & Caladrius team sounds like it could turn out alright.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be like the Made in Abyss threads where despite posts about how gross its content is, it will somehow still be half 'absolutely amazing series, one of my faves' posts
I dropped MiA too (and by dropped I never started) because I saw the one of the authors old art accounts and what they drew turned me away from any series they will ever touch

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Can't disagree with you on that. That being said, there's moments of body horror that definitely fucked me up way more happening to kids than it would have otherwise.
I legit got lightheaded when Riko lost her arm in the manga. Had to take a break.
I can understand that but for me it's no different than it happening to an adult. Adults typically aren't used to getting their arms folded in two, so the reacton would have been genuine and emotional either way kid or adult.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cute-em-ups are my jam but this show isn't really :p

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
i just wanted to make a jab at klk since its one of my least favorite shows

the op for season 2 is 🔥 though

Yeaaaaah KLK is a great example of all the hype for the show possibly making me hate it more after I watched it. It was just dreadful and started souring me on Trigger stuff in general.

Also, yes, Season 2 opening lifts my mood any time I hear it, despite not particularly caring for Towana's voice most of the time. The overall beat and happiness is great. The animation of the opening going along with it is great, too.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Who do anime series that would never work as games get games 🤥

The pizza guy

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 10, 2021
Me when I want an open world Black Lagoon game that I will never get, then I see this shit:

because a shump and an open world game are obviously on the same kind of budget, right?

as much as i like black lagoon the second season was 15 years ago, and nowadays it gets one chapter over 3 month if things are good.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Who do anime series that would never work as games get games 🤥
Been happening forever. It wouldn't be too hard to adapt some of them into different genres, though doing a shmup for this is certainly out there. If this were the 90s every non-action anime or manga would be getting a crappy/generic VN of dubious quality that's just a side-story or what if scenario cheaply made and designed to sell more manga. Granted, that's what a lot of anime these days are for too, but alas.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can this get localized with the funi dub and have the patriarchal line added in to piss off those assholes. (Never watched the show but I enjoyed watching the butt hurt fans get pissed off at that one line)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can this get localized with the funi dub and have the patriarchal line added in to piss off those assholes. (Never watched the show but I enjoyed watching the butt hurt fans get pissed off at that one line)
I find it funny since it works since she used to control society in a matriarchal region. The line works fine

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
So this seems to use the manga artwork instead of the anime one? That's a bit of a shame. Anyways , interested.
Enjoyed the latest season due to some wholesome Tohru and Kanna (in NY!) moments.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for fans, here's hoping the game is good. I was curious about the series when it first got popular... I don't really care for romance media in the first place, so I wasn't planning to stick with it, and I'm glad it's LGBT+ inclusionary, but I saw a few things in there that were pretty gross. A lot of people seem to love it, though, and I'm not here to take that away from them.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
As someone else said, this is another one of those times where I dunno why they'd make a game focused on it and not other properties; where I imagine they'd lend themselves more to a video game lol. Then again, I would kill for a Non Non Biyori game so I can't complain.

Happy for fans, here's hoping the game is good. I was curious about the series when it first got popular... I don't really care for romance media in the first place, so I wasn't planning to stick with it, and I'm glad it's LGBT+ inclusionary, but I saw a few things in there that were pretty gross. A lot of people seem to love it, though, and I'm not here to take that away from them.

Lots of mainstream anime lately like this has a lot of LGBT representation, it's cool. Stuff like Zombieland Saga and the like too. (Tho tbf it's also been present a lot in the past too (Sailor Moon, etc)).

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't want to further derail but I can't miss the opportunity to say just how far anime has fallen in general that something like this is considered "good" by today's standards.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that the anime is done by beloved Kyoto Animation.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
Don't want to further derail but I can't miss the opportunity to say just how far anime has fallen in general that something like this is considered "good" by today's standards.

Production wise few anime can compare against it, since it's animated by kyoto animation.
Content wise weeeeellllllll...

Sir Sonic

Jan 14, 2020
second season was really chill and heartwarming. but It's just that kind of anime when I don't really want any video game out of it. There is a shitload of other Anime that I want a video game out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.