Votes: 669 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoroEunectes

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even to make P2 like SMTV, I think you'd need to change so much it would not really be the same game anymore IMO. Nocturne feels like it sits right on the line where general JRPG consumers are still interested in playing it nowadays. P2 was five years earlier and I think to justify anything more than a simple remaster financially, you'd have to gut it and put it back together again.

I think we'll either get a simple remaster or something that is wildly different. Obviously, they don't need to make everything the same, I am sure a reimagined P1 or P2(s) would be very different from 3 onwards, but I feel like to justify itself, it'd need to be more like a modern SMT game inspired by the same design docs rather than a loyal remake.

I can't imagine Atlus doing a fancy remaster like Square have been doing (they have shown zero interest,) so I feel like they'd do something a bit more akin to the REmakes.
There are also other problems while making a P2 remake.
1. P2 relies pretty heavily on you knowing the events of P1. So before they can even get to P2 they would need to completely remake the first game.
2. Unlike P3 and P4 there aren't any assets to reuse for a remake. P2 has next to it's dungeons and shops like a dozen small areas that would have to be remade in 3D environments. The entire battle and fusion system would also have to be redone just to make it a lot less grindy and in line with the modern games.

Honestly direct ports/remaster with some quality of life changes (less cards needed for fusions for example) would seem like a safer bet for Atlus to make (cost a lot less money and development time).
Though looking at how they treated the recent P3P port my expectations for the quality of future ports is pretty low.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have footage of the new pachinko game, as to back this up? Creditable rumors of a P3 remake have been around for a while now, while this is the first I'm hearing of a new P3 pachinko game.
no, but 2 remakes in the same time seems very unlikely.
the CGI looked very clean, like the MGS3 remake footage from that pachinko game.

i am not asking everyone to believe me, i just don't want to see everyone raging after they see the game is actually a pachinko games.

i mean,,, in the end this video is leak...but who leaked it? is it real leaker or someone made a cgi himself and decide to release it after 1 april so people think it's real.
i know people heard about Persona 3 remake, but no one saw it, just like MGS3 Remake.

but tell me, did anyone really expect jet set radio remake?

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
We all know what the last Frame is Hinting at

H4HaEK2.png

3fbc71304b69423415cae55234b45eb3fa975033r1-400-266_hq.gif

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
the CGI looked very clean, like the MGS3 remake footage from that pachinko game.

i am not asking everyone to believe me, i just don't want to see everyone raging after they see the game is actually a pachinko games.

i mean,,, in the end this video is leak...but who leaked it? is it real leaker or someone made a cgi himself and decide to release it after 1 april so people think it's real.
i know people heard about Persona 3 remake, but no one saw it, just like MGS3 Remake.

Jet Set Radio was already talked about by Sega. This is us just finally seeing it.
www.bloomberg.com

Sega Reboots Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio to Chase Fortnite Riches

Sega Sammy Holdings Inc. is developing big-budget reboots of its Dreamcast games Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio as it taps its back catalog in search of global hits like Epic Games Inc.’s Fortnite, according to people familiar with its plans.

Look, there is being cautious and then just lying to yourself to convince yourself it's fake.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Because Bloomberg reported as much:

www.resetera.com

Bloomberg: Sega Reboots Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio to Chase Fortnite Riches

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-19/sega-reboots-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-to-chase-fortnite-riches Big budget and Jet Set Radio aren't what I expect to see paired together but this is a direction I don't mind SEGA pivoting in. Hope they understand the charm and heart is what...
DLC brand collab graffiti and expansion cities 🧠

View: https://youtu.be/cdEQmpVIE4A

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Capcom/Square is inspiring all of these remakes of classic games that converge into their modern line of franchises.

I can see P4 getting a remake too (5 is too new to warrant one imo) and then before we know it, Persona 6 announcement. P3 bangs so I'm in for a remake.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yes.

www.ign.com

Sega Considering Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio Reboots, and Working On a 'Super Game' - IGN

Sega is considering reboots for dormant series like Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio - and it's also planning a brand new 'super game'.
www.nintendolife.com

Rumour: Crazy Taxi And Jet Set Radio Reboots Reportedly In Development

SEGA looking to cultivate its own "Fortnite"

And two remakes at the same time doesn't sound that crazy, especially since it's two different developers. Atlus is owned by Sega, but is usually treated as its own thing by Sega, while JSR would be handled by a different studio in Sega. It's like being surprised that EA is working on two different remakes, despite them having multiple studios/developers under their belt to do that.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Only Sega would do something so nonsensical like rebooting old arcade-style franchises into high budget live service games. I wonder what the hell are they doing with this Supergame thing.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Yes.

www.ign.com

Sega Considering Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio Reboots, and Working On a 'Super Game' - IGN

Sega is considering reboots for dormant series like Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio - and it's also planning a brand new 'super game'.
www.nintendolife.com

Rumour: Crazy Taxi And Jet Set Radio Reboots Reportedly In Development

SEGA looking to cultivate its own "Fortnite"

And two remakes at the same time doesn't sound that crazy, especially since it's two different developers. Atlus is owned by Sega, but is usually treated as its own thing by Sega, while JSR would be handled by a different studio in Sega. It's like being surprised that EA is working on two different remakes, despite them having multiple studios/developers under their belt to do that.

And no one said anything about it being a remake anyway

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I keep waiting for somebody to post pachinko machine footage with the same gameplay, but until then, I'll believe they're both real.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Considering they're chasing Fortnite with this Super Game initiative, I really hope they don't ruin Jet Set Radios one chance to return.

I guess we'll still have Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But not the clip. Though the Sonic thing does make it a bit more real, once that gets taken down I'd say it's unquestionably real (I did vote team real tho, I want to believe)
It surfaced mid-Sunday on a holiday weekend. It'll be a bit before anything can be actioned.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wait the clip got taken down? Well okay then I may have to believe it is real now but i'm still in the middle. Dont understand why they would remove the evoker or maybe it is still in and this clip is just that super old.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll settle for real for JSR because of that Super Game Initiative, and it looking pretty high effort to be fake new designs for classic characters.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck JSRemake would be amazing - please go the THPS1/2 route and include JSRF as well, never got a chance to play it 🙏
Jet Set better be a sequel. We dont need another remake, Future was already a weird sorta retelling of the original game rather than a sequel, we dont need a third one, that'd be up there alongside Nintendo remaking the original Star Fox several times (SF, SF64, Zero etc.)
Also, the remaster was plenty fine in terms of a re-release of JSR. I really dont wanna see the same thing redone yet again.
Just make a sequel, or at least make something that's not trying to do the same basic story as the first one (also that footage still looks fake as heck, Im waiting until more compelling footage crops up before I get excited)

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Well shit! Lol Looks real to me but then I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Definitely leaning to real though.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
the user said they would take it down after a bit

If it's real, they probably took it out because of the watermark on the picture, the Armored Core pics that leaked through a survey were blurred by the OP.

armored_core_2_-6b2bc.jpg

1681045363111782.png

Same style of watermarks to track down people that broke the survey's NDA i guess.

Last edited:

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Yeah, the more I look at it and the context around it, the more I think the most likely explanation is "old and somewhat spliced but probably real." Could still be fake, though; I'm not that convinced.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
how is this true in the slightest

There have definitely been cases where the media didn't run with a "leak" because it was something they had already been briefed and embargoed on, or even individual reporters who have heard of something and refrain from commenting because of that.

Generally speaking, yeah, if it's real it's probably not going to be posted to every site. This job is small and insulated, and if something is real, someone already knew.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
If it's real, man, I really think they need to make it a definitive version with both P3P's and FES's content. It would feel ridiculously weird not to imo

Status
Not open for further replies.