• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think -

• Team Real

Votes: 1,128 62.8%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 669 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Team Real, but oof the new Jet Set Radio designs and the Beat model shown are kinda ugly and lost a lot of their Dreamcast-era cel-shaded charm in the move to more modern style if that's real too.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That dev-build footage of Frontiers looks so good, what the hell happened?
Since this is allegedly early 2021 it would have to be extremely early alpha footage at most that was probably tailored to look nicer than it actually ran for presentational purposes. The fact that the end result is so clearly a Switch targeted version with no significantly difference in LOD on next-gen versions (while still maintaining quirks like bad draw distance) makes me think they didn't have the resources to make it look as nice as the demonstration. Not the first time that's happened though; see also Sonic 06.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Team Real, but oof the new Jet Set Radio designs and the Beat model shown are kinda ugly and lost a lot of their Dreamcast-era cel-shaded charm in the move to more modern style if that's real too.

If you look closely at the image in this tweet they were more than likely focus testing multiple art styles. We don't know which one they decided to go with.

View: https://twitter.com/segabits/status/1645176591423512580?s=46&t=m07bbPzi6WZ2KoCFpH7dLA

Silver9

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Joining Team Real. Damn i miss Yukari and the team.

Jul 24, 2018
Now all we need is a Fullmetal Brotherhood Remake and we can officially erase Vic Mignogna for good.

It would be nice to play Persona 3 with better voice acting this time haha.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We all know what the last Frame is Hinting at

H4HaEK2.png

3fbc71304b69423415cae55234b45eb3fa975033r1-400-266_hq.gif

Or it's a new Phantasy Star Game that's not online

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Hmm. I always thought P3R was real, so that link doesn't really change my stance here. 65/35 that the footage here itself is real, at the moment, for me.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It was obviously real to me the moment we got beta Sonic Frontiers footage included. But now we've got domain names too? Looks like things are really gearing up for an announcement soon. I wonder if whoever leaked this knew that? Because technically the timelines didn't have to line up.

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
I'm not convinced. Probably because my faith in sega is really low.

Apr 21, 2018
Or it's a new Phantasy Star Game that's not online
Nope, it's the Creative Assembly game:

New multiplayer Sci Fi FPS | Creative Assembly

A new multiplayer Sci Fi FPS from Creative Assembly. Do you want to challenge yourself and make your mark on something brand-new and radically different in the FPS space? If you’re a passionate, strong team player with a focus on quality - whether that translates into stable code or stunning...
H4HaEK2_d.webp

260521_FPSImage_Final_WithCopy_Compressed.jpg

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Nah. Look at the crazy lead up to the announcement of Persona 5. It's how they announce these things.
We don't really know. They had that anniversary event last year that came and went with nothing shown. Just because something happened before doesn't mean it will happen again. That's ridiculous to say it's as big as a rockstar game and can't possibly be at a Sony show or similar.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
A new Jet set radio. Be still my heart. Although looking at the clip, it's not as colorful or cartoony as you'd expect.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
We don't really know. They had that anniversary event last year that came and went with nothing shown. Just because something happened before doesn't mean it will happen again. That's ridiculous to say it's as big as a rockstar game and can't possibly be at a Sony show or similar.
I'm just going on how they've announced every Persona game for the past decade.

Persona 5 - Announced at a long dedicated livestream countdown in 2013
Persona 4 Dancing All Night - Announced at Persona Super Live 2015 (The first year for the event)
Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight - Announced at Persona Super Live 2017
Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight - Announced at Persona Super Live 2017
Persona Q2 - Announced at Persona Super Live 2017 as well
Persona 5 Royal - Announced at Persona Super Live 2019
Persona 5 Strikers - Announced at Persona Super Live 2019 also

They don't announce games at every event, but when they DO announce games, it's been at dedicated events like Persona Super Live.

View: https://youtu.be/JLfVPaDtToQ?t=15

Last edited:

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
JET SET RADIIIIOOOOOOOO

Gonna be real upset if someone is toying with my emotions.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Persona is bigger than those kinds of events. Like Rockstar games.

It would be at one of their huge concert live shows, or a huge event on its own.
Your wording is a little off, but you're right for the most part. Not because it's bigger, though. They just like doing their own thing. A PS Showcase would be several orders of magnitude bigger than anything Atlus could put together in terms of attention lol

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Your wording is a little off, but you're right for the most part. Not because it's bigger, though. They just like doing their own thing. A PS Showcase would be several orders of magnitude bigger than anything Atlus could put together in terms of attention lol
And it might be being shown at one of those shows or similar now that the series has really grown in terms of amount of people playing it. They might have some advertising deals with publishers now.

That persona anniversary event came and went with nothing announced. If it were going to be announced at one of their own shows I'd think that would've been the place to do it.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
This also operates under the assumption that they would announce P3R this year, which I don't think is a given.

Just because this thing from 2021 might have leaked doesn't mean they're about to announce it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This also operates under the assumption that they would announce P3R this year, which I don't think is a given.

Just because this thing from 2021 might have leaked doesn't mean they're about to announce it.
I think it makes sense in the context that they delayed their announcement from the 25th anniversary to an unspecified time (PS Showcase likely)

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
I'm just going on how they've announced every Persona game for the past decade.

Persona 5 - Announced at a long dedicated livestream countdown in 2013
Persona 4 Dancing All Night - Announced at Persona Super Live 2015 (The first year for the event)
Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight - Announced at Persona Super Live 2017
Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight - Announced at Persona Super Live 2017
Persona Q2 - Announced at Persona Super Live 2017 as well
Persona 5 Royal - Announced at Persona Super Live 2019
Persona 5 Strikers - Announced at Persona Super Live 2019 also

They don't announce games at every event, but when they DO announce games, it's been at dedicated events like Persona Super Live.

View: https://youtu.be/JLfVPaDtToQ?t=15

You're right but the weird thing is we just had a Persona Super Live a few months ago. And not only that, it was a Persona Super Live to celebrate the series anniversary, at the end of a series of promised announcements that all amounted to nothing. I feel like if they were going to announce it at one of their own things, especially given it's apparently been in the works for years, it would make the most sense to do it there.

Meanwhile, they announced the P3P and P4G ports at an Xbox showcase. That's not as big as a full new game of course but it does show that if there's some kind of console marketing thing at play, they're willing to give them the announcement.

TheElderKing

Jul 31, 2020
Even before the footage, I was thinking the P3 remakes rumours/leaks were true; the P3 remaster being the PSP version with the VN style also fit that narrative...sadly, even in the case the remake is going to be a PS5 exclusive.

I'd say the relevance of the leaked footage, if true, would be that the characters' models seem to be improved from P5.

I also wouldn't necessarily bet on the game being announced this year. I'd like to, as it could mean the game would come out with fairly reasonable chances next year but it's not a given.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
It seems to be true. Excited for both.
I tried to play P3P at the beginning of the year, but it's really hard coming from P5R which is an infinitely better game.
Can't wait for the Jet Set Radio trailer.

TrickHyper

May 22, 2022
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility for Atlus to announce P3R at a future PlayStation showcase as they have announced big games at other events too (SMTV at Nintendo switch showcase)

TheElderKing

Jul 31, 2020
You're right but the weird thing is we just had a Persona Super Live a few months ago. And not only that, it was a Persona Super Live to celebrate the series anniversary, at the end of a series of promised announcements that all amounted to nothing. I feel like if they were going to announce it at one of their own things, especially given it's apparently been in the works for years, it would make the most sense to do it there.

Meanwhile, they announced the P3P and P4G ports at an Xbox showcase. That's not as big as a full new game of course but it does show that if there's some kind of console marketing thing at play, they're willing to give them the announcement.

I think it makes sense in the context that they delayed their announcement from the 25th anniversary to an unspecified time (PS Showcase likely)

Aside of the rumours of COVID hitting Atlus hard, which caused postponements in the games' development, I think, realistically, their original plans were likely to at least announce with a teaser P3 remake and possible P6 (similar to P5's announcment), but the deal with Xbox/Nintendo definitely changed things for at least the remake (P6 as well, because if it's going to be exclusive it'd have definitely affected the sales of the remasters).

Even in the case P3 remake is multiplatform (which I wouldn't bet on), it makes zero sense to announce a remake of a game that is going to get a remaster in a few months, because some people are going to obviously hold off in buying the remaster. Even more so if said remake is going to be exclusive to one platform.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE do not let the Persona 3 remake only be for PlayStation!! I have an Xbox and a PC It has to at least come to PC. I can do a Nintendo Switch, can't do PlayStation. Don't forsake the fans on the other side of the fence!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Tales from my ass but personally I think part of the reason P3/P6 have taken so long are plans have shifted on what platforms to support.

I think both are likely to release on more than just PS now (following Yakuza and many other Sega releases now). So with more ports means more dev time for everything.

I think unless someone pays for outright exclusivity of some kind, Sega isn't really going to do just a one platform release anymore for something like Persona that continues to grow in popularity despite all odds with it's weird release structures of the past.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Tales from my ass but personally I think part of the reason P3/P6 have taken so long are plans have shifted on what platforms to support.

I think both are likely to release on more than just PS now (following Yakuza and many other Sega releases now). So with more ports means more dev time for everything.

I think unless someone pays for outright exclusivity of some kind, Sega isn't really going to do just a one platform release anymore for something like Persona that continues to grow in popularity despite all odds with it's weird release structures of the past.
So you think the recent ports had SEGA & Atlus shift their plans away from PlayStation exclusivity?

TheElderKing

Jul 31, 2020
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE do not let the Persona 3 remake only be for PlayStation!! I have an Xbox and a PC It has to at least come to PC. I can do a Nintendo Switch, can't do PlayStation. Don't forsake the fans on the other side of the fence!

I sure hope so. It'll definitely be a big blow for many people after the remasters came out on Xbox and Nintendo.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
Even in the case P3 remake is multiplatform (which I wouldn't bet on), it makes zero sense to announce a remake of a game that is going to get a remaster in a few months, because some people are going to obviously hold off in buying the remaster. Even more so if said remake is going to be exclusive to one platform.
Yeah that's true. Though they're gonna run into people upset at how they handled it no matter what. I'm the sucker that's going to buy Persona 3 twice this year if they let me though so that didn't cross my mind. lol

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Unless Sony pays for exclusivity, it makes a lot of sense, yeah, Sega has gone global and wide with their franchises, it's really cool to see Yakuza going everywhere, hope the same is true with Persona

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I can see Sony paying for timed exclusivity for P6.

But I agree that if no one pays, the plan for both will be multiplat now.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

Unfortunately I would be shocked if Sony didn't buy exclusivity for at least a year.

Hopefully the ports did well enough on Xbox for the games to make it there. Do we have data on that? I know we heard P5 did one mil on Switch iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.